PDA

View Full Version : White screen at main Menu

Aeikir
04-12-2019, 11:19 PM
so i had no issues witht he game til i changed the directx from 11 to 12 just to see if there was any change. now at the start of the main screen i get a white screen. if i (key shortcut Alt enter) to to window mode and back i can see the screen for a split sec. i have verified the files and even reinstalled the game. i thought my directx save was still on 12 so i deleted the entire folder but now its still stuck as a white screen.any suggestion on how to get out of the white screen

on a side note unrelated to this issue. i bought the game on steam during the time we can. is there a way to get the CD key from them and activate it on my ubisoft account ( i'd like to get the rewards and bonuses on the ubi side. id really not have to ask for a refund just to re-buy the game on ubisoft)

UbiMatcha
04-13-2019, 10:11 AM
Hey Aeikir,
If I understand correctly, you've deleted the DirectX folder?
Are you able to reinstall Directx at all? If you had no issues with 11 I'd recommend sticking with that.

Aeikir
04-14-2019, 07:10 PM
i reinstalled the directx manually then it isntalled the folder again when i launched it. after 2 days i found that it was a driver problem. once i updated my 570 it worked perfectly fine again.

UbiGabrinth
04-14-2019, 08:53 PM
I'm glad to hear that you are no longer having troubles. :)