PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Vs Veterans (big part being try harders and/or cheesers)

StrykE95
04-09-2019, 02:16 PM
I start playing FH less then a month... played part of the story, after that i jumped with friends in multiplayer, which was ok for the most part, until we ranked up our favorites and start meeting almost game after game... people with account mastery well within double digits or even triple digits... and we barely go over 8... i see there is a learning curve, a very steep one... which is fine, but how im supose to get better when almost every match is a centurion, orochi, and other stagger fest that you cant get out of because i didnt spend 5 weeks in training smashing lvl 2 bots head and find out that didnt matter because you get ganged up and die in less then 10 sec, but if we try to do the same they get revenge in 2 hits... not even gonna touch the part that they get revenge in a 1v1...
So what im trying to ask, is there any MM that is meant to prevent this because unbalanced teams, playing rock, paper, scissors with a hero that people knows him for years and knows the play style

UbiInsulin
04-10-2019, 01:23 AM
Matchmaking pays attention to several parameters: time elapsed, skill, and geographic location. Reputation is distinct from skill (skill is literally measured by the game based on wins and losses, and has a different value from Reputation), although it certainly doesn't hurt to have more experience in the game.

Making the system as fair and stable as possible has been a consistent priority for the team, and it's something that they'll continue to work on. Thanks for letting us know how your experience has changed as you've gone from new player to more of a veteran.

The_B0G_
04-10-2019, 01:38 AM
I brought this same issue up last week, new players getting thrown to the wolves who you can tell are just getting the basics down.

I don't think wins and losses is a good thing to go by, I'm guessing it goes by win/loss ratio. You can get a lot of wins by playing against other new players, I think they are raising in matchmaking ranks too fast, fighting against veterans too soon.

HKPirate
04-13-2019, 06:38 AM
It definitely shouldn't go purely by win /loss but I think k/d you can win a game with a negative k/d because you had good team mates or the enemy team was to busy having fun slaughtering you they ignored all points and eventually lost. But if you have a 2.0 k/d maybe now it's time to step up a level, and at the same time if you step up a level go away for a month come back and get slaughtered so much your k/d drops to .80 it lowers you back down a few skill gaps. That I think would be best the best way. But it's all irrelevant 99% of the time i spend so much time in the waiting for game it expands the search to include everyone from bottom of the barrel to the pros.

WhydoIdothis21
04-13-2019, 07:39 AM
It also gets a lot worse when these new players fight high reps with s tier heroes like zerk. The high Rep has so much going for him in terms of skill and good character choice that it makes it nearly impossible to get better against. It usually ends up waiting 5+ mins for a game only to get crushed by people who live on this game, and they all leave and it's another long wait.

StrykE95
04-13-2019, 11:12 AM
when i 1st started i got 1.6 kda and maybe 50% win rate and after lets a week it dropped to 0.8 ignoring the assists (i consider assists i this game just a way to inflate your KDA without rly making a difference in the large scheme of things) and im still facing faint gods that i rather stay near a cliff and just w8 for him to trow me off of it...

StrykE95
04-13-2019, 11:22 AM
and how im able to determine if that person is better then me? tbh time wise- it could take more than 4 min of waiting and get killed in less than 3... skill- thats a joke, i mean, i face so often players that are better than me i was considering quitting this game... and geographic thats the most important think that the MM considers from my point of view, the highest ping i saw was 130 for my enemy and im almost every time under 70, and getting and average ping of 30, maybe even 19 sometimes

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
04-13-2019, 11:53 AM
Matchmaking should use kda per min over anything else except geo of course. A person who is a Rep 25 who has a Kd of 3 is obviously better than one with a .51. Matchmaking should have come for that in objective modes. Win loss just balances your gaming experience rather than the teams

I suggest the banner idea to help mitigate bad engagements on the battlefield