PDA

View Full Version : autopilot modes

morgo
03-29-2005, 07:24 AM
Yup, I know autopilot is unrealistic, but sometimes I get a bit lazy on my way back to the carrier; sometimes I don't want the stress of a carrier landing

please can we have an autopilot mode that ignores enemy aircraft-many times, on approach, my aircraft has decided to go off and attack an AI enemy

please can we have selectable waypoints-many times, because i diverted from flightplan, my plane on autopilot has decided to fly back over the target to pass over waypoints that had not previously been covered

okay I'm being lazy by using autopilot, but it's a real immersion killer and sometimes we don't have the time

Morgo

morgo
03-29-2005, 07:24 AM
Yup, I know autopilot is unrealistic, but sometimes I get a bit lazy on my way back to the carrier; sometimes I don't want the stress of a carrier landing

please can we have an autopilot mode that ignores enemy aircraft-many times, on approach, my aircraft has decided to go off and attack an AI enemy

please can we have selectable waypoints-many times, because i diverted from flightplan, my plane on autopilot has decided to fly back over the target to pass over waypoints that had not previously been covered

okay I'm being lazy by using autopilot, but it's a real immersion killer and sometimes we don't have the time

Morgo

buz13
03-29-2005, 07:59 AM
I totally agree....we need selectable waypoints...."next waypoint" key. It would be great to change the flight plan once airborne as the situation changes. I would also like the "Anyone help me" to mean I need help even if there is not an enemy on my tail...like when my flight leader does not see or react to an enemy flight but just keeps following waypoints.
Also wing-leveler auto pilot for fighters (make it selectable for on-line and to avoid problems there - part of difficulty settings).

JunkoIfurita
03-29-2005, 06:54 PM
I thought the auto-leveller had been disabled in all the but large level bombers?

seems a pity, it was awfully useful in movie-makin'

----

kutyaxxon
03-29-2005, 06:57 PM
i never used that,but on long trips that could
be useful

atomicali
03-29-2005, 07:51 PM
For the missed waypoint problem turn off "no instant success" in the difficulty menu.