PDA

View Full Version : Black prior complete nerf of entire moveset

The_DictatorYT
04-07-2019, 08:03 AM
He does 30 on a heavy that is faster than valkyries, i think theres enough videos on yt alone showing how safe vortiger is as well... fix it ubi, im asking because its unplayable

Tyrjo
04-07-2019, 08:29 AM
The only thing that needs tuning is the bash. It's too safe.

Afaik the speed on the heavies you talk about are both the same, 800ms.

Lone_Fighter-
04-07-2019, 08:43 AM
Delete combo what begins with shield bash.

Star.Princess
04-07-2019, 09:00 AM
Just make bash recovery the same as Conq/Warlord and then he will be ok

IAmOddGirl
04-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Black Prior actually gives people trouble? pfft For real? That character is like the safest thing to fight against..only thing I feel more safe to fight maybe is the Shaman. They are both dumpster fires.
Well maybe Black Prior could be tough for some of the roster I guess. So I'll give you that.

Star.Princess
04-08-2019, 03:32 PM
Black Prior actually gives people trouble? pfft For real? That character is like the safest thing to fight against..only thing I feel more safe to fight maybe is the Shaman. They are both dumpster fires.
Well maybe Black Prior could be tough for some of the roster I guess. So I'll give you that.

I don't know, play some ranked in grandmaster or try to find somebody who really know how to play him, I think top players put him in S-Tier #1 not because of his cool cosmetics.

LionsFang78
04-08-2019, 06:33 PM
They say he's S tier because his bash is safe, it's low risk with high reward against a majority of the cast. The rest of his kit is flawed and unreliable, change the bash to be punishable (which I believe it should be) and he'll need to be buffed in other areas to compensate

UbiInsulin
04-08-2019, 07:14 PM
I'm continuing to send the feedback on BP's bash (especially its being too safe + needing more recovery) to the team. Thanks all for your feedback!

Knight_Raime
04-08-2019, 10:09 PM
BP will be far less safe in season 10. And at that point imho he'll be weak and need buffing.

IAmOddGirl
04-11-2019, 01:00 PM
I do 1v1s in ranked and 1v1 at high tier. Sometimes I get a rep close to mine that clearly isn't taking the game too seriously. Other than that it's all pure sweaty staring contests. Not to mention wager 1v1s where I put $50 into paypal..you put $50 into paypal and the winner takes the pot. I've lost to a Black Prior before in duel with my Lawbringer, but the loss was also my fault 2-3 and I could've won had I not heavied after an OOS GB instead I should have thrown him onto the ground then did my full OOS punish.

Knight_Raime
04-11-2019, 09:09 PM
I do 1v1s in ranked and 1v1 at high tier. Sometimes I get a rep close to mine that clearly isn't taking the game too seriously. Other than that it's all pure sweaty staring contests. Not to mention wager 1v1s where I put $50 into paypal..you put $50 into paypal and the winner takes the pot. I've lost to a Black Prior before in duel with my Lawbringer, but the loss was also my fault 2-3 and I could've won had I not heavied after an OOS GB instead I should have thrown him onto the ground then did my full OOS punish.

Not to say you're bad at the game or anything. But ranked isn't an indicator of skill. Faraam is a well known YT for honor player who placed grandmaster rather easily and he's still not as good as most scrim regulars. Rep also doesn't mean anything related to skill. Espcially considering how easy it is to gain rep these days. Lawbringer is really good at stalling when you have health advantage which is the current employed tactic at the level i'm talking about.

However Black prior has plenty of unblockables that LB can't actually punish. And because they're unblockables and mostly bashes LB can't really stall him out via block shove or parry. Plus IIRC black prior can bullwark counter the light on reaction off of being shoved. (unless you can perfectly delay the light everytime.) Unless i'm missing something I don't see anything LB has in an advantage over BP other than a higher HP pool. But BP confirms a respectable amount of damage with his basic attacks anyway. So chipping away at LB isn't as hard for him as it would be for others. AFAIK BP only has two bad match ups. And LB isn't one of them.