PDA

View Full Version : Skill Game Scoring Help

KagTus
04-07-2019, 12:32 AM
So I watched all the (fusion) tutorials regarding track building but when it got to the actual skill game building, I got confused as to how the scoring was done as I feel it was just explained as "this goes to this and then this" but not explaining what settings and how it was affected so kind of feel lost, I basically want to set up an A-B run, no checkpoints and score on distance, could some please explain which game filters and operations etc. I need to have the scoring done on distance (I can do the game settings, just not sure which triggers etc.)

I thought I had it figured out, in testing it was working by distance but when I shared it, it became a trials track, not a skill game, done by time, not distance, not sure if I missed something but I'm quite stuck now.

fleskeknoke
04-07-2019, 07:08 PM
I thought I had it figured out, in testing it was working by distance but when I shared it, it became a trials track, not a skill game, done by time, not distance, not sure if I missed something but I'm quite stuck now.

it reminds of the bug that keep "transforming" hard and extreme tracks to Easy or medium when published to TC
Maybe you should try the same workaround and see if it work for this problem as well

: only have the Mantis as available/allowed bike.
: set the Mantis also as recommended bike.

it doesnt make any sense but this solve the difficultylevel-bug.
Mayby some of the lower bikes are tied up in some way to the publishing process? idk, give it a try....

JolanXBL
04-08-2019, 10:13 PM
Simply way:
Use a distance operator. Set target 1 to the start and 2 to the bike. Link score to the operator. If you go back down your track, the score will decrease using this method.

Advanced way:
- Interval trigger to Generic Filter, 1 tick interval.

- Empty Variable Data Source to be the score

- Generic Filter
Slider: Greater than
Target 1: Distance operator
Target 2: Variable Data Source
If True: Set Value Event

- Set Value Event
Slider: Set
Value: (Distance Operator)
Target: Variable Data Source

If your distance from the start is greater than the current score value, your current score will be changed to the current distance.