PDA

View Full Version : Centurion

The_Wanderer_I
04-07-2019, 12:17 AM
We all know he needs a buff. Iím just curious on how you guys would buff or rework him.

Star.Princess
04-07-2019, 07:46 AM
As I know they will give him feintable unblockables like Shugoki have, that is all I know.

Siegfried-Z
04-07-2019, 10:16 AM
Centurion needs obvious buff :
-feintable UB
-feintable zone
-cancel timing like others
-less recovery on his punch

But if this happen, i think he needs a nerf too and his UB should not stab you and guaranteed the charged punch.
Because if he can feint his UB, the stab and knock down for another jump heavy as it does now would be too strong.
Or at least dmg should get a big nerf.

It would reduce his insane punish on a successfull UB and wallsplat but improve his mix up potential.

He could still knock down with the charged heavy.
This is just like Shugo DE. A buff/nerf which end in a more viable moove.

About the others point, to me Cent is punished too hard (GB) for a bash which is so easy to Dodge (punch). Too much recovery on that.

Feintable zone is just a normal buff and changing his cancel timing would makes him a less Parry/Deflect/CC bait vulnerable heroe.

Sneakly20
04-07-2019, 07:49 PM
-feintable UB
-feintable zone

But if this happen, i think he needs a nerf too and his UB should not stab you and guaranteed the charged punch.
Because if he can feint his UB, the stab and knock down for another jump heavy as it does now would be too strong.
Or at least dmg should get a big nerf.

It would reduce his insane punish on a successfull UB and wallsplat but improve his mix up potential.

He could still knock down with the charged heavy.
This is just like Shugo DE. A buff/nerf which end in a more viable moove.

About the others point, to me Cent is punished too hard (GB) for a bash which is so easy to Dodge (punch). Too much recovery on that.

Feintable zone is just a normal buff and changing his cancel timing would makes him a less Parry/Deflect/CC bait vulnerable heroe.

I would make my own paragraph but you already did so Iím gonna pick it apart so I can input my own two cents, Iím not arguing.

Iím pretty much for these ideas but thereís a catch for a few.

The zone. Itís needs to be able to be feinted I agree but how itís feinted is the what the big deal here is. If you can feint after the first part of the zone then the kick will be much more dangerous IF the kick is buffed because the first part of zone is guaranteed by kick.

Punch should increase in tracking but it also depends on which. Either the light punch needs heavy tracking or the heavy punch to catch people who dodge early. To me the heavy punch is only something to access from a charged heavy but thatís another part of cents kit that needs to be looked at. Right now light punch is almost useless. Itís needs to be faster and I believe should have much better tracking so it can reliably used across tiers of play.

Another part of his kit is free flow into GB from a light. Lights arnt used much because you are generally much better off with using the heavy. I would like to see this changed or the grab changed to light punch after light attack.

Now Siegfried, If we went with your changes, I think the charged heavy needs to do more damage with the follow up eagles talon damage lowered. Or remove that combo and give him new tricks.

Me personally I feel cent and musha in the same bowl. They both have excellent moves that really canít be used in its current state.

Cent needs to sped up and brought up to par to other heroes. And musha has plenty of great moves that are locked behind a full block. But thatís a story for another time.

Renewey6394
04-08-2019, 05:59 AM
Reaper I think could use a rework. Everything about his kit is slow and it gets him killed. I’d like to see his cooldowns get replaced with abilities that make him quicker upsers portal (https://www.upsers.online/).

Sweaty_Sock
04-08-2019, 09:07 AM
-feintable UB
-feintable zone

I like these, the rest not so big on. I think they need to turn wall splat into something that is followed by eagles talon (changed to hit them into the wall rather than floor) rather than the full combo (i.e treat wallsplat as a knockdown or make a combo to force this as the heavy) - catching someone flat footed with cent, punching them & leaping on them is pretty much my primary joy with the guy and primary focus of how I play. Wallsplat needs a nerf.

This turns wall splat into everyone elses top heavy style attack but leaves the danger of letting a charged stab through

Jonnyquick415
04-08-2019, 03:44 PM
My thoughts for a Centurion rework below:

CENTURION REWORK

Buffs

Charged Basic Heavy Is Unblockable
- Every hero needs viable options to start the action and open up an opponent. Sure, I could increase his kick to 500ms, but that would simply be giving into the bash-meta. Now, the Centurion has this in addition to his 500ms lights and 600ms kick to open up an opponent and start the action.

Charged Heavies Are Feintable 200ms After Gaining Unblockable Property
- Charged heavies are not a very effective mixup if they cannot be feinted while unblockable because otherwise all a person has to do is block the heavy and parry the unblockable. With this change, it will make it more difficult to react correctly.

Charged Jab Has Better Tracking
- Specifically, his charged jab now tracks an opponent with the same mechanics as the Wardenís fully charged shoulder bash.
- Letís be honest, the centurionsí jab in a 1v1, whether charged or uncharged, after a heavy was a terrible idea (unless it was after a pin, obviously). This gives the centurion an actual mixup and allows him to keep the pressure on.

Basic Top Heavy Damage Increased to 30
- The Centurionsí damage off a light parry is embarrassingly low. This buff helps fix that.

Third Attack of Zone Is Feintable
- This buff barely needs much explanation. Other than finishing off your opponent, the zone had no real utility in a 1v1 unlike many other characters. This makes his zone somewhat viable in a 1v1, but still not really that great.

Reduce Uncharged Jab Recovery Time
- Reduce the recovery time enough so that a whiffed uncharged jab cannot be punished with GB, but instead it can only be punished with a standard dodge attack.
- Note: the charged jab is still punishable by GB

Nerfs

Charged Basic Heavies Are Increased to 1200ms
- Since I made them unblockable, I am matching the speed to the unblockable chained charged heavy. This also accounts for the enhanced feintability added above because this gives the opponent more time to react and decide whether itís a feint.

Basic Top Heavy Speed Increased to 700ms
- The increased speed is simply there to offset the damage increase I made above.

Landing a Charged Heavy Guarantees Only An Uncharged Jab
- Easily the single most hated thing about the Centurion is the fact that you are guaranteed to sustain massive damage for making one mistake, whether that be getting guard broken by a wall or you made the mistake of trying to parry at regular light or heavy timing and got hit with a charged heavy. This fixes that problem and allows the opponent to not feel a sense of hopelessness for the excessively long period of time the Centurion otherwise would be treating you like a worthless ragdoll. Plus, this reduces the total damage so that it is still high but not too high for making one mistake.
- Plus, I significantly buffed the Centurionsí arsenal, so he no longer needs to excessively rely on this overpowered tactic.
- Note: the new tracking on the charged heavy will still allow the Centurion to pull off his iconic move: Eagleís Talon.

UbiInsulin
04-08-2019, 07:37 PM
Thanks all for the suggestions! Cent seems to be a hero that's getting brought up more frequently these days.