PDA

View Full Version : Game invites not getting through

Tyrjo
04-06-2019, 06:47 PM
For quite a while now, I and my friends have had problems inviting each other to games on the PC platform. I remember having the exact same issue on PS4 when I used to play on console. Has anyone else had this? It's extremely frustrating and we can't seem to find a solution to it. Restarting the game, Uplay or rebooting does nothing. :nonchalance:

Vakris_One
04-06-2019, 07:01 PM
Yeah I've had this same issue from time to time. It's usually solved by logging out and in a couple times but today when it happened nothing solved it. We logged in and out dozens of times. PC reboots and all and still the invite function doesn't do anything.

I think the Uplay launcher is the culprit here though. I can't even start a text chat with anyone in my Uplay friends list.

UbiInsulin
04-06-2019, 07:28 PM
I can't even start a text chat with anyone in my Uplay friends list.

This issue is being looked into, at least (has been ongoing since this morning). It may be related to what Tyrjo is experiencing but I'm not 100% sure.

Vakris_One
04-06-2019, 07:49 PM
This issue is being looked into, at least (has been ongoing since this morning). It may be related to what Tyrjo is experiencing but I'm not 100% sure.
Thanks for the reply.

I'd wager it is since game invites are either handled directly by the Uplay app or at the very least use Uplay to let players create and join in-game groups. Far as I know For Honor doesn't manage the group creation function by itself, it needs the Uplay app to do it.

UbiInsulin
04-06-2019, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I'd wager it is since game invites are either handled directly by the Uplay app or at the very least use Uplay to let players create and join in-game groups. Far as I know For Honor doesn't manage the group creation function by itself, it needs the Uplay app to do it.

What I was seeing internally mentioned the chat service, but we did actually confirm it's the social aspects of Uplay-PC: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2032914-April-5th-2019-Degradation-Uplay . Including invites.

Vakris_One
04-06-2019, 09:15 PM
I only have one further question. Do I get a cookie for guessing the issue correctly? :)

SpaceJim12
04-07-2019, 11:23 AM
Hello everyone!

Same problem on PC platform. Can't play for the last 24 hours. Me and my friends check FH time to time, but issue is still there. Hope this issue will be solved soon.

Tyrjo
04-07-2019, 04:16 PM
It's funny what Stéphane Cardin said on the Playing Hard docu that a game where you can't play with your friends online is a ****ty game. :D

P.S. Not that I think FH is a ****ty game.

Alustar.exe
04-07-2019, 04:19 PM
This happened part weekend, how is this not fixed already...

rottmeister
04-07-2019, 05:16 PM
Is this the issue where two friends can't join each other because ... reasons? We usually resolved this by joining the person who's unaffected (and could join both friends without problems), but that only works if you're with 3 or 4 of course. I'm still experiencing this every once in a while. Restarting your game also should do the trick (if it doesn't... I don't know :/ ).

P.S. PS4 btw

Alustar.exe
04-07-2019, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I remember that. We've all restarted and done the whole song and dance. Ubisoft, themselves, confirmed it's a problem on their end.

UbiInsulin
04-08-2019, 07:40 PM
The issue was resolved as of yesterday: https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/1114941068011765766 .