PDA

View Full Version : No more toys, will physical users get permanent digital unlocks to use w/ future DLC?

Dahvoo.
04-05-2019, 07:59 PM
Now that it's been announced there will be no more physical toys released for future content, will the 7 day limit when scanning physical toys to use digital versions be removed? This would allow people who scan their physical items will have permanent digital unlocks.

There is no way to play a mix of physical and digital at the same time, so if all future content/DLC (pilots, starships, weapons) are digital only there has to be a way for physical users to have access. Otherwise that would mean connecting physical toy just to immediately remove them for a digital copy to use with future DLC each time they want to play every 7 days.

Please address this ASAP as those of us who spent potentially hundreds of dollars to support physical Starlink content may just have been locked out of using their collection with future content, with only method being required to scan and remove every 7 days but not actually use your physical toys beyond that.

jdwagner75
04-26-2019, 07:49 PM
I have all 8 ships, 10 pilots, and all weapons to date in physical form. I play about 2-3 days every 2-3 weeks. It annoys the crap out of me to have to keep connecting my Switch joy-cons to the ship dock and sit there popping each item on and off until I have them all linked again. I've never understood why the link isn't permanent given no one is buying the physical items used. I paid a lot to have these, and not to have to keep linking them.

UbiMorning
04-30-2019, 10:29 PM
Hi guys! Thanks for reaching out. We do not have any information on that at this time, but do appreciate the suggestion. We will pass this on to the Starlink team for review. Thank you again!

Nathanpbutler
04-30-2019, 11:24 PM
I'll add my voice to the chorus on this one. We've been asking about this on Facebook and on these forums for a while now, never receiving even an answer as non-responsive as the one just posted. (Don't misunderstand me: I do appreciate finally getting some kind of response, even if it's "no news at this time, but we'll pass it along," as that's at least not complete radio silence anymore.)

Today, the new digital content was released for purchase, and it has basically screwed over players who spent nearly double per item for the physical ships, pilots, and weapons.

There are now three options for players with physical ships who want to play the game:

1. Play with your physical ships . . . but not with ANY of the new pilots or weapons (or ships, but that was a given) because you can't attach digital-only weapons or pilots onto a physical ship. You are limited to only what you have physically in your collection.

2. Play digitally with your physical collection, which means having to plug every physical item in every week, only to then immediately unplug whatever you have plugged in so that you can then play digitally with your ships under the 7-day unlock that currently exists. You can now play with all of your stuff, including new digital releases, as long as you plug in your physical items every week and then remove them before play. (Keeping them plugged in AT ALL limits you to option #1.)

3. Purchase ALL of your physical items AGAIN digitally so that you can continue playing with a mixture of new and old items without having to plug in your physical items every week.

If the goal is a strong community that keeps playing and/or a process that doesn't actively screw over those who spent the most on your product per unit, this needs to be addressed. Options #1 and #3 ("You don't get to use any new stuff" or "buy it all again!") are unacceptable from a PR and customer relations standpoint, and #2 (plug everything in each week for no reason other than an arbitrary time limit for activation) turns the game into a royal pain for any physical item players to the point where many will give up on the game entirely.

It's time to step up. The fact that after all these weeks and months of asking about this that somehow this wasn't addressed at all in the current patch alongside the new content is absolutely ridiculous. It suggests a tone-deafness that doesn't bode well for the future of the game.

PaladinV3
06-06-2019, 11:13 PM
I agree with everyone here, we need to get rid of the need to keep re-linking our physical items in order to play with them digitally. While I do prefer to play physically because of how much fun it is in my opinion, thereís the fact that the collection 2 content is digital only. This means that Iím forced to play digitally if I want to use anything from it and makes the constant physical re-linking tedious and unnecessary (not that it was really all that necessary in the first place, but I can see why it was done). Seeing as how many people are talking about this, we need it done and soon. I did notice that there was a reply from Ubisoft but itís been little more than a month. Not sure how long it usually is before they take action but is there any way to speed this along?

UbiMorning
07-20-2019, 06:35 PM
Thanks for sharing peterclark2019!