PDA

View Full Version : issues with dodging

Zombie.Face
04-05-2019, 02:31 AM
I've been having issues with dodging attacks and getting hit still by them at half way into the dodge already. anybody else have this issue? my latency is about 30 so i don't think its lag but maybe. its getting frustrating when I'm far enough into a dodge and the attack still hits me. anyone else noticed this is this just me?

Bloodwake1980
04-05-2019, 05:52 AM
Oh no I'm sorry to say your not the only one. And it doesn't matter what character you use your still getting hit. I don't know how or why but it seems as if warlord and the shamans dodge distance is barely a step to the side or backwards. And some magical way your opponent is able to track you and your hit. They could be almost half a lock distance away and hit you. But you try and close the gap between you two and boom your punished all day.

Sweaty_Sock
04-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Your are dodging too early or the wrong direction

Klingentaenz3r
04-05-2019, 08:44 AM
I've been having issues with dodging attacks and getting hit still by them at half way into the dodge already. anybody else have this issue? my latency is about 30 so i don't think its lag but maybe. its getting frustrating when I'm far enough into a dodge and the attack still hits me. anyone else noticed this is this just me?

It is intended behavior and a good one too. It encourages to actually dodge the attack thrown at you not preemptively react and just feel safe to phase through everything coming your way. There are plenty of I-Frames though on all dodges. However, if you time your lights (or basically any other attack) right and it's trajectory tracks over the in motion character it will register a hit.

I-Frames usually start 200 ms into the dodge and last until 400 ms. Recently however (a couple of months ago) it was discovered that i-frames were unintendently buffed and already start at 133 ms into the dodge. That happened at some point throughout last year. Which is why dodging bashes atm is much easier than before. This change however is subject to be reverted at some point as stated by the devs

Zombie.Face
04-14-2019, 02:34 AM
you don't understand what I'm saying then. I'm not preemptively dodging and complaining. I'm literally watching the attacks come and getting hit where i should clearly not be. I'm not complaining about dodge being too hard to do. its just reacting much differently than it used to. I'm really wondering if UBI did anything to change timings or accidentally mess up some of the characters i-frames.?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
04-14-2019, 10:04 AM
Is it all characters? I mean to say is it one character that is having the issue? Is it certain characters that you go against that cause this.
Some characters like centurion and shugoki and anticipate a dodge from you and prolong their heavies to catch the dodge attack

Zombie.Face
04-17-2019, 08:36 AM
well, i guess it seems to happen on any assassin i play mostly. but for sure happens lots on my valk too. not sure what changed. I've played for maybe 2 years now and it was fine months ago. also i feel a bit like faster attacks can't be parried consistently like they did before, example- i could always parry warden and orochi zone quite easily but now I'm too scared to even try because i feel it won't work right. it just feels like maybe there is an issue in the lag comp coding..? maybe I'm getting stuck against higher ping players? could this be it? i seem to get more lag vs them and it sux bad.

Siegfried-Z
04-17-2019, 02:36 PM
well, i guess it seems to happen on any assassin i play mostly. but for sure happens lots on my valk too. not sure what changed. I've played for maybe 2 years now and it was fine months ago. also i feel a bit like faster attacks can't be parried consistently like they did before, example- i could always parry warden and orochi zone quite easily but now I'm too scared to even try because i feel it won't work right. it just feels like maybe there is an issue in the lag comp coding..? maybe I'm getting stuck against higher ping players? could this be it? i seem to get more lag vs them and it sux bad.

It happen with all assassins you play ?
I think it depends on the Dodge attack. Some have far bigger dodge area.
For example i never got hit during my Dodge with Kensei, Shaman or Shinobi.

But it happen to me sometimes with Shaolin and at the end the heroe with who it happen to me the most is Valk.

Valk Dodge attack are really bad. Not as much as Nobu of course, but still you have to Dodge very late if you want to Dodge some attacks like Shaman jump attack etc because she is doing a short side step and even shorter if you input the light too early. You better delay it as most as possible with Valk ^^

Playing_Mantis
04-18-2019, 07:08 AM
it happens to me a good amount too/ :/ and yes, the Valks dodge is ****. poor valk players! HAHAA!!

Zombie.Face
04-18-2019, 07:10 AM
yea id have to maybe play more assassins to be sure since i mostly play valk. shaman has been ok. maybe its really just the valk that its happening to me. ill focus on when it happens who I'm playing. the valk dodge dose seem horrible, but why is it worse than others?