PDA

View Full Version : Starlink: Battle for Atlas - Production Update

Ubi-Alien
04-03-2019, 03:03 PM
Pilots of the Starlink Initiative,

Thank you so much for the warm response to the new Starlink content announced during the February Nintendo Direct.

With the announcement of new content arriving this April, we felt that it is important to provide an update on the topic of physical toys. Starlink: Battle for Atlas has been a passion project for us from the start, and we are incredibly proud of the modular Starship technology we have developed, and how well players have responded to it.

Despite the immense and continuous support from our players, the sales for Starlink: Battle for Atlas fell below expectations. Consequently, we recently made the decision to not release any additional physical toys for the Spring update and in the future.

As part of our effort to do right by our passionate and dedicated community we are currently hard at work on our biggest update to the game so far and are pleased to tell all of you that there will be new digital ships, pilots and weapons to collect.

Additionally, there will be a ton of free content to expand your games such as additional missions, challenges and new activities to engage in throughout Atlas, including content that was inspired by community suggestions, such as Outlaw Racing.

We're very grateful for the support we have received from players around the world and can't wait for everyone to get their hands on our next big update launching this April.

We'll see you in the stars,

Starlink Development Team

kokumaker
04-03-2019, 06:34 PM
Well, this is sad news, but I hate to admit not entirely unexpected, since the toys have been pretty consistently half-price at every major retailer since about a month after the game launched. I guess this is confirmation that I'm going to have to import Startail. I suppose it's too late to order stands for all of my ships? I have a complete collection of eight!

Frankie_Drums
04-05-2019, 01:47 PM
Will this last big update finally allow us to customize the controls?

Nathanpbutler
04-05-2019, 06:47 PM
Given that the physical ships will be discontinued, is there any chance of rewarding those who actually bought the now-defunct physical collection items with the ability to actually unlock their ships permanently, rather than having a time limit on those unlocks? It would seem that digital is going to be the way we're expected to play from here on out, and it would be ridiculous to expect those who paid significantly more to get all of the physical ships to now repurchse those ships digitally to be able to play without the physical items in a manner consistent with new incoming content.

Dahvoo.
04-05-2019, 07:51 PM
Given that the physical ships will be discontinued, is there any chance of rewarding those who actually bought the now-defunct physical collection items with the ability to actually unlock their ships permanently, rather than having a time limit on those unlocks? It would seem that digital is going to be the way we're expected to play from here on out, and it would be ridiculous to expect those who paid significantly more to get all of the physical ships to now repurchse those ships digitally to be able to play without the physical items in a manner consistent with new incoming content.

This needs to be addressed ASAP. Will the 7 day limit be removed, so people who scan their physical items will have permanent digital unlocks? There is no way to play a mix of physical and digital at the same time, so if all future content/DLC is digital only there has to be a way for physical users to have access. Otherwise that would mean connecting physical toy just to immediately remove them for a digital copy to use with future DLC each time they want to play every 7 days.

Skope99
04-05-2019, 08:19 PM
This game is unplayable without the ability to have a 'classic' control layout.

I have discussed this with my friends who own the game and we all haven't played it because the analog sticks are around the wrong way. It might be okay in land-based vehicles, however we wouldn't know, because we couldn't progress past the first level! I mean we physically cannot play the game. This is not a matter of preference. I asked my friends if it was just me that couldn't play the game with the sticks the wrong way round, they all said it's a game they physically couldn't play.

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY OTHER UPDATES! JUST FIX THE CONTROLS!

kokumaker
04-08-2019, 08:14 PM
Also, what is to become of retailer exclusives Cerberus and Scramble? There are no digital versions of these ships. Even after their toys are scanned, they don't appear anywhere in the in-game inventory. Are these going to be added digitally at some point?

Auld_Jack
04-11-2019, 01:43 PM
Also, what is to become of retailer exclusives Cerberus and Scramble? There are no digital versions of these ships.
Does it matter for digital? There are already three "performance class" ships in the digital pack: Pulse, Arwing, and Lance. As far as I can tell, all three are identical in behavior except for the lasers on the Arwing wings. I'm unsure how adding two more performance-class ships would make a difference to gameplay.

You can fabricate your own Cerberus (Lance with flipped Neptune wings) and Scramble (Pulse with Lance wings), except you won't have the custom paint jobs.

steffmills
04-16-2019, 12:45 PM
Will there be a way to permanently add digital versions of the ships / weapons / characters we own, as the whole "7 day" thing will be really frustrating when, going forward, additional content is purely digital?

For people like me who own it on multiple platforms the physical toys offered great value as I can use them on Switch / XB1. But I'd gladly only be allowed to add them to a single format, or maybe tie them to a Uplay account?

SudoQueen
04-26-2019, 06:24 PM
I love Starlink. I love playing with the physical ships. I bought EVERY physical item and even bought the PS4 starter kit just for the physical ship. I didn’t mind having to plug in items every 7 days because I was always using my ships.

I understand the cost and need to make money off the physical items to continue them. But for those of us who bought the physical items, we need a way to have digital unlocks of the items we have without having to buy a complete new copy of the game or setting a schedule to remind yourself to plug EVERYTHING in every few days just to continue to have the full experience of the game.

We are the ones who have loved and supported this game the most by digging further into our wallets to play the experience you initially envisioned. We would have continued to support the physical version of the game. When everyone said “buy digital, it’s cheaper” we ignored them and went for the full experience. Please send the love back to us by giving us a way to have permanent digital versions of our items, instead of having to buy everything over again or suffer the inconvenience of plugging things over and over again.

You’re one of the last few good game companies out there, Ubi. Do us right.