PDA

View Full Version : [AC3 R] I really suspect Ubisoft directly adapt AC3 from PS3 to PS4 without testing.

summeryanxi
04-03-2019, 11:32 AM
Okay, maybe you already knew the black screen bug.

I found a new bug yesterday in the end of Sequence 7. When you air assassinate Pitcairn from the flag pole, the nearby enemies' alert level is increasing. In AC3, that does not matter and you still satisfy the condition. However, I tried at least 7 or 8 times yesterday for that. The tick of the constraint was never triggered. I am just wondering whether this is my problem or not!

Dtheawesome9010
04-03-2019, 12:56 PM
Yup pretty much I made a thread about that it was moved to support it's called "Words of advice for Ubisoft"

Corey8920
04-07-2019, 12:58 AM
Is it just me but has the assassins creed 3 AI been changed because I feel like I'm getting discovered quicker and the enemies seem to be able to catch me a lot easier in a chase and it doesn't help that you run a lot slower

AnimusLover
04-07-2019, 03:53 AM
I'm starting to think the same.
In fact, I may even go as far as to say the only reason why they decided to include it in the Odyssey season pass is because they knew it was a buggy mess and therefore not worth the purchase on its own. People are less angry about free content.

N7Eisbaer
04-07-2019, 04:01 AM
I'm starting to think the same.
In fact, I may even go as far as to say the only reason why they decided to include it in the Odyssey season pass is because they knew it was a buggy mess and therefore not worth the purchase on its own. People are less angry about free content.

But, we all know it's not free, as we all paid money for it (think back on how much you spent on at least the Gold Edition to get the Season Pass, here it was 99.99€). But you are right that psychologically it seems as if it were.

They really, really effed this game up (even worse that the original was removed from the shop, it gives newcomers a wrong view on the quality of a game that already had a weird standing).

AnimusLover
04-07-2019, 04:42 AM
But, we all know it's not free, as we all paid money for it (think back on how much you spent on at least the Gold Edition to get the Season Pass, here it was 99.99€). But you are right that psychologically it seems as if it were.

They really, really effed this game up (even worse that the original was removed from the shop, it gives newcomers a wrong view on the quality of a game that already had a weird standing).

You are right, technically it's not free but from a marketing perspective an absolute bargain of a deal. I mean, 2 full games and their DLCs with another game's season pass content.
If only we knew then it was too good to be true.

AdamZ270
04-07-2019, 03:55 PM
Okay, maybe you already knew the black screen bug.

I found a new bug yesterday in the end of Sequence 7. When you air assassinate Pitcairn from the flag pole, the nearby enemies' alert level is increasing. In AC3, that does not matter and you still satisfy the condition. However, I tried at least 7 or 8 times yesterday for that. The tick of the constraint was never triggered. I am just wondering whether this is my problem or not!

No blood in snow while and after the fight. This is really important fix this Ubisoft

kdnl29_8
04-11-2019, 04:57 PM
Totally agree. Looked through the support thread, agreed with the bug complaints, added my own for sequence 3 - destroy carts as my gun had so many issues not firing, firing sound, not registering hits on the cart standing right by them. Remasters are worthless if you keep the same bugs or add new ones like the snow bug.

Dtheawesome9010
04-11-2019, 05:11 PM
Yeah I had a thread about Seq 3 final mission op obj bug friggin BS how they added that when it was never ther 1st time around for me

N7Eisbaer
04-11-2019, 05:23 PM
Yeah I had a thread about Seq 3 final mission op obj bug friggin BS how they added that when it was never ther 1st time around for me

The powder cart issue? Yeah, I have a feeling that that fell victim to a massive misunderstanding, and was confused with the powder kegs in front of the fort. So the powder cart problem has probably not even been reported to the devs. :(

Dtheawesome9010
04-11-2019, 05:35 PM
The powder cart issue? Yeah, I have a feeling that that fell victim to a massive misunderstanding, and was confused with the powder kegs in front of the fort. So the powder cart problem has probably not even been reported to the devs. :(

Honestly how was it not clear enough? All the info was there even the title should've made them realize it was carts

N7Eisbaer
04-11-2019, 05:38 PM
Honestly how was it not clear enough? All the info was there even the title should've made them realize it was carts

Exactly, but somebody kept on going on about how "You should just stand still and free-aim." and such things which was agreed to by one of the Ubi-prefix people... So I personally would not put my money on this being known.

Dtheawesome9010
04-11-2019, 05:41 PM
Exactly, but somebody kept on going on about how "You should just stand still and free-aim." and such things which was agreed to by one of the Ubi-prefix people... So I personally would not put my money on this being known.

Total BS honestly i made it very clear and dumb MFs still did that I even wrote chase in there CHASE HOW DO I STOP MID CHASE TO FREE AIM WITHOUT LOOSING?

N7Eisbaer
04-11-2019, 05:46 PM
Total BS honestly i made it very clear and dumb MFs still did that I even wrote chase in there CHASE HOW DO I STOP MID CHASE TO FREE AIM WITHOUT LOOSING?

just as a reminder (did go looking for it) this was the "official" response:

Hello,

Do you have the HUD disabled? Could you please try the troubleshooting here?
While playing the mission "Johnson's Errand", I am unable to shoot the powder kegs and enter the fort. What should I do? (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000017058)

If you still need help, please let us know.

Thanks

That should underline why I do not believe this issue has been reported; and they still keep asking for screenshots and videos of issues, just once more handing out proof that nobody tested this game and they are too fvcking lazy to just boot up the game and look at it themselves. The TU that's supposedly in the works right now will probably just address "stability issues" (as in nobody knows what it actually does)

Dtheawesome9010
04-11-2019, 05:53 PM
Yea total bull

Darth Trethon
04-11-2019, 07:17 PM
The AC III main game is quite well polished....aside from some minor bugs which do happen occasionally but nothing serious. The only thing that looks like they just didn't have the time to test was the Tyranny of King Washington DLC which has serious problems. Beyond that AC Liberation is stunningly well polished...half way through the story now and it has been flawless....not even a hint of a minor bug in there. So all things considered I'd say they did a very good job....one or two patches and the game will be flawless.

Dtheawesome9010
04-11-2019, 08:05 PM
The AC III main game is quite well polished....aside from some minor bugs which do happen occasionally but nothing serious. The only thing that looks like they just didn't have the time to test was the Tyranny of King Washington DLC which has serious problems. Beyond that AC Liberation is stunningly well polished...half way through the story now and it has been flawless....not even a hint of a minor bug in there. So all things considered I'd say they did a very good job....one or two patches and the game will be flawless.
Ik I have a serious running issue and a counter icon issue which when swarmed it's hard to do much I just rope dart and yank them down easy kill still a serious issue however but thats mine and others XP

N7Eisbaer
04-11-2019, 08:16 PM
just because:

flawless
adjective
uk ​ /ˈflɔː.ləs/ us ​ /ˈflɑː.ləs/

perfect or without mistakes

does that really fit here?

https://i.imgur.com/SxzJKGG.png

Darth Trethon
04-12-2019, 12:39 AM
Ik I have a serious running issue and a counter icon issue which when swarmed it's hard to do much I just rope dart and yank them down easy kill still a serious issue however but thats mine and others XP
The attack icons are not a serious problem...at all...Connor is made of about a billion hit-points and every enemy attack is telegraphed half an hour beforehand. Even in large enemy packs it's not an issue. Even if you get desynchronized once there is no good reason to ever struggle with any combat scenario on more than two attempts. This game is one of the easiest in existence. That and the missing attack icons aren't a very common occurrence.

Dtheawesome9010
04-12-2019, 01:27 AM
The attack icons are not a serious problem...at all...Connor is made of about a billion hit-points and every enemy attack is telegraphed half an hour beforehand. Even in large enemy packs it's not an issue. Even if you get desynchronized once there is no good reason to ever struggle with any combat scenario on more than two attempts. This game is one of the easiest in existence. That and the missing attack icons aren't a very common occurrence.

Well for me I get focused on the icons anf ik in TOKW i had a crap ton of enemies and I lost lol thats when it happened more for me in TOKW I just started using rope dart after that sometimes it's a pain in the arse and I don't like desynching also those axes are a death machine 1 swing and like 1/3rd health is gone and during a mission it's extremely frustrating to deal with that kind of crap

AnimusLover
04-12-2019, 10:55 PM
@ Darth Trethon Even if the combat is arguably easy the fact is it's not working as intended which IS a problem.
Any bug in a the game is a problem especially in a game that is compeltely broken overall.

Darth Trethon
04-12-2019, 11:28 PM
@ Darth Trethon Even if the combat is arguably easy the fact is it's not working as intended which IS a problem.
Any bug in a the game is a problem especially in a game that is compeltely broken overall.
I didn't say it wasn't a problem...I said it was a very minor problem rather than a major problem. And no the game isn't "completely broken overall".....the game is overall just fine....suffers from a bunch of minor bugs and has a serious problem in the DLC but the game itself is overall just fine....very much playable and completable. I think you guys don't understand what the words major or broken mean....minor annoyances aren't major problems....major or game breaking problems are problems that cause loss of progression or render you unable to continue. Those are major....the game has no game breaking bugs. Stuff like a few missing combat icons are not a major problem. Stuff like you getting launched into the air one time and desynchronizing is not a major problem.

Dtheawesome9010
04-13-2019, 12:57 AM
I didn't say it wasn't a problem...I said it was a very minor problem rather than a major problem. And no the game isn't "completely broken overall".....the game is overall just fine....suffers from a bunch of minor bugs and has a serious problem in the DLC but the game itself is overall just fine....very much playable and completable. I think you guys don't understand what the words major or broken mean....minor annoyances aren't major problems....major or game breaking problems are problems that cause loss of progression or render you unable to continue. Those are major....the game has no game breaking bugs. Stuff like a few missing combat icons are not a major problem. Stuff like you getting launched into the air one time and desynchronizing is not a major problem.
People are reporting crashes ,voices not being heard, my running issue these are major bugs and are no way "minor" and getting launched into the air and dying ( never encountered that 1) if that happens on more than 1 occasion even during missions (which is an annoyance of a problem) is a game breaking bug

Darth Trethon
04-13-2019, 01:19 AM
People are reporting crashes ,voices not being heard, my running issue these are major bugs and are no way "minor" and getting launched into the air and dying ( never encountered that 1) if that happens on more than 1 occasion even during missions (which is an annoyance of a problem) is a game breaking bug
I think you don't understand the meaning of serious or breaking....you keep using those words....they don't mean what you think they mean. Even my problem with losing progress in the DLC isn't game breaking....it's relatively serious but not DLC breaking....it doesn't break the DLC as it's still playable and I can still progress and finish it and I can even still earn all the trophies....though it costs me time to the tune of a few lost hours....but it doesn't break the DLC.

Dtheawesome9010
04-13-2019, 01:24 AM
I think you don't understand the meaning of serious or breaking....you keep using those words....they don't mean what you think they mean. Even my problem with losing progress in the DLC isn't game breaking....it's relatively serious but not DLC breaking....it doesn't break the DLC as it's still playable and I can still progress and finish it and I can even still earn all the trophies....though it costs me time to the tune of a few lost hours....but it doesn't break the DLC.

I said major bugs for the 1st 3 bugs I listed the getting launched into the air on more than 1 occasion is a game breaking bug even crashes are game breaking Jesus dont twist my words and the running issue prevents timers to be completed and causes mission failure sounds like a major bug to me not game breaking just major the crashing issue is a major bug it's prevents you from playing the game

Darth Trethon
04-13-2019, 01:29 AM
I said major bugs for the 1st 3 bugs I listed the getting launched into the air on more than 1 occasion is a game breaking bug even crashes are game breaking Jesus dont twist my words and the running issue prevents timers to be completed and causes mission failure sounds like a major bug to me not game breaking just major the crashing issue is a major bug it's prevents you from playing the game
Again with the words you don't know the meaning of....buy a dictionary, go to school....something.

Dtheawesome9010
04-13-2019, 01:36 AM
Again with the words you don't know the meaning of....buy a dictionary, go to school....something.

If something prevents a mission from being completed and/or prevents you from even playing the game those are examples of major bugs not minor if something like getting a stutter as you fall and it goes away and doesn't return that is minor

Darth Trethon
04-13-2019, 01:42 AM
If something prevents a mission from being completed and/or prevents you from even playing the game those are examples of major bugs not minor if something like getting a stutter as you fall and it goes away and doesn't return that is minor
Right....but none of what you said does any of that...a crash does no prevent you from playing the game or a mission....it might set you back a couple of minutes at most but rare one-off crashes are not game breaking nor major. There's no real penalty to rare crashes other than needing a minute to get back into the game and maybe two more minutes to get back where you were from the last mission checkpoint.

Dtheawesome9010
04-13-2019, 01:48 AM
Right....but none of what you said does any of that...a crash does no prevent you from playing the game or a mission....it might set you back a couple of minutes at most but rare one-off crashes are not game breaking nor major. There's no real penalty to rare crashes other than needing a minute to get back into the game and maybe two more minutes to get back where you were from the last mission checkpoint.

My (and others) running issue prevents us from completing CHASING Lee mission which is a problem that's not minor and having many crashes that happen evertime you boot up the game before you take control is a game breaking bug it prevents us from playing

AnimusLover
04-13-2019, 10:47 AM

No, rather you seem to think that "minor" problems apply to everyone else and "major" problems only apply when YOU are experiencing it which is rather self-centred.
People literally cannot RUN in this game lol. That is a problem in a game that will desynchronise you in certain mssions if you don't keep up.

Whether major or minor when it keeps happening over and over it ruins the overall gameplay experience and makes it incredibly unnerving as you don't know if the next bug is going to be the one that finally stops progression. In one such case in TOKW I had to identfy a messenger as part of a main quest but the messenger wouldn't spawn even after I restarted the game a few times. I had to do it over and over to get it. Not good.

Another case nearly ruined my platinum when one of the assassination contracts was stuck in the house - and this is an OLD bug. And yes, a bug that destroys a platinum playthrough is a big deal especially in US when folks get discounts as a result of trophies.

Darth Trethon
04-13-2019, 02:55 PM
No, rather you seem to think that "minor" problems apply to everyone else and "major" problems only apply when YOU are experiencing it which is rather self-centred.

Wrong...I've experienced a few crashes and a few other odd issues I just don't feel deserve mentioning. The only issue I reported was one that resulted in hours of lost progress....most of what you reported cost you about nothing more than a few more seconds on a load screen....there is actually a major difference there. I reported a bug that is actually a problem....losing hours of progress is hell of a lot more substantial than little stuff with no real effect on the game.

You're rather sad in your attempts to attack me....your constant complaining about the severity of minor bugs are hilarious....like watching someone who scraped their knee scream that they're dying.

Now your running issue is serious if real....except I'm not convinced it is...because it's coming from you and the other guy....who have been screaming bloody murder over rare missing combat icons in attacks telegraphed half an hour in advance....and some some people in that thread say they fixed it....by holding down the R2 button....ummmm....yeah....that's how running works....R2 is the input button for running...you're not running if you don't press it.

Dtheawesome9010
04-13-2019, 03:18 PM
Wrong...I've experienced a few crashes and a few other odd issues I just don't feel deserve mentioning. The only issue I reported was one that resulted in hours of lost progress....most of what you reported cost you about nothing more than a few more seconds on a load screen....there is actually a major difference there. I reported a bug that is actually a problem....losing hours of progress is hell of a lot more substantial than little stuff with no real effect on the game.

You're rather sad in your attempts to attack me....your constant complaining about the severity of minor bugs are hilarious....like watching someone who scraped their knee scream that they're dying.

Now your running issue is serious if real....except I'm not convinced it is...because it's coming from you and the other guy....who have been screaming bloody murder over rare missing combat icons in attacks telegraphed half an hour in advance....and some some people in that thread say they fixed it....by holding down the R2 button....ummmm....yeah....that's how running works....R2 is the input button for running...you're not running if you don't press it.

You clearly haven't read my thread and saw that there are more than 2 people reporting this issue

aedrynn
04-14-2019, 07:37 AM
yeah it took me something like 3-4 time to succeed, you have to jump and hope nobody is looking lol