PDA

View Full Version : Foo fighters

Spartan_GR
03-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Did you know that there were UFO sightings by pilots in ww2? ( their existence is questionable of course ). They had given them a name also: "foo fighters" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I dont generally believe such things of course :P ( i believe that "there is something out there" but i need to see hard proof in order to believe it )

Spartan_GR
03-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Did you know that there were UFO sightings by pilots in ww2? ( their existence is questionable of course ). They had given them a name also: "foo fighters" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I dont generally believe such things of course :P ( i believe that "there is something out there" but i need to see hard proof in order to believe it )

VW-IceFire
03-19-2005, 09:37 AM
Yep....infact I think during WWII was when the numbers of UFO sightings started to skyrocket. I thought I read that somewhere.

Not sure if its because of the leap of technology made seeing strange atmospheric disturbances more of a reality or what.

I have no idea what they were but I know that some of them have been recently identified as belonging to a number of more recently discovered natural occurances. Usually they are related to thunderstorm and electrical activity in the upper atmosphere (blue streamers, sprites, unconfirmed ball lighting theories and upper atmosphere lightning which reach out into space).

Spartan_GR
03-19-2005, 09:44 AM
Yes, as i have read somewere, even a flock of birds can be mistaken as a UFO ( in certain conditions of light, humidity etc ). UFO enthusiasts of course say that even if in 1000 reports of UFO's 999 are wrong and only 1 is true, then again this proves that UFO's exists.

Surely the leap in technology made in ww2 was so big that many things were sighted by men for the first time ... This can explain the "foo fighters" very easily.

p1ngu666
03-19-2005, 09:48 AM
yeah
btw, its more likely aliens exist, than they dont http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bet someone will say spitfire in this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ytareh
03-19-2005, 11:29 AM
If you are even remotely interested in Foo Fighters/Conspiracy Theories/Cover Ups/Area 51/Nazi Secret Weapons/Stealth/SR71A successor(yep... its called "Aurora"-hence the Alienware PC model)Flying Saucers/AntiGravity etc etc then I seriously suggest you read"The Hunt for Zero Point" by Nick Cook-aerospace consultant -Janes Defence Weekly(Arrow).Its easily the best book Ive read in years.Another of the book's topics which '70s kids like myself will recall :"The Philadelphia Experiment" which was a film about an alleged US project to make ships invisible to radar(sound familiar!?)or maybe even just plain invisible.The story goes that a destroyer was made invisible then it 'transmuted' briefly from Philadelphia to Norfolk,Virginia.When it 'returned' many of the crew had disappeared ,were physically and mentally affected,or "...weirdest of all five of the crew were found fused into the metallic structure of the ship,which had materially transmuted to accomodate them"(yeah I know sounds like an ATI graphics glitch...)
So 'they' say these FooFighters were experimental Nazi flying saucers powered by an anti gravity propulsion system which as well massively reducing the need for an 'engine' as we know it(to keep the thing 'up')also meant that the pilots didnt feel any negative effects of massive g force turns.
Anyone else read the book?Sceptical?!

Spartan_GR
03-19-2005, 11:46 AM
I havent read the book you say, but i know the story of the philadelphia expirament very well - since the destroyer involved in it ( the "Eldrigde" ) was in service with the Greek navy until 1988 ( the ship was Named "Leon" in Greek service ). Ive heard stories from people that served in the navy at the same period telling that "Leon" had many strange cables in its corridors that they leaded nowhere. Also some claim that it had a different ( more powerfull ) engine than the other ships of its class.

Today the ship still exists in a dockyard for old ships at the island of Crete ( decommisioned of course ). Some jurnalists from a magazine about strange things had visited it some time ago ( i have a copy of this magazine ) and took pictures from inside. Some doors inside the ship are closed with cement ...

This ship is really weird!

-HH- Beebop
03-19-2005, 12:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:
bet someone will say spitfire in this <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There were UFO's that, according to the reports, would spit fire.

(just couldn't let you down p1ngu)

ytareh
03-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Yes Spartan it seems the ship was crammed full of electronic,electrical and electromagnetic equipment with miles of wires and cables.I suppose a lot of stealth and masking/jamming involves this area of physics.And visible light after all is a part of the same electromagnetic spectrum as radar waves-and is sent to the brain as an electric signal... etc.So the science behind it (being invisible) MAY be possible....Sometimes fact really is stranger than fiction.Scary to think about all the science stuff we're not supposed to know about.The idea that 'free (cheap) energy '(zero point) might be achievable is throughout the book...now who mightnt want us to know about that!!!???

MEGILE
03-19-2005, 01:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:

bet someone will say spitfire in this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Such a cynic, p1ngu.

Jagdklinger
03-19-2005, 02:16 PM
I thought the British had UFOs based out of Biggen Hill during BoB.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ......Some jurnalists from a magazine about strange things had visited it some time ago ( i have a copy of this magazine ) and took pictures from inside. Some doors inside the ship are closed with cement .... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Full of hi-tech revolutionary stuff - so THAT's why the US sold the destroyer and all its technology to its Greece...
...which as we all know is HQ to MJ-12. After all, the Greeks nuked Atlantis using stolen UFO anti-matter technology (see Plato's treatise "They Walk Among Us: Greys, MJ-12 and the Freemasons in the Mediterranean").

Btw, anti-grav technology WAS developed by British in WWII ('cough' Spitfire 'cough') which is why they pioneered VTOL research. The current AV-8 Harrier is actually anti-grav. (The jets are actually flamethrowers used to disguise its true means of propulsion...)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> that "Leon" had many strange cables in its corridors that they leaded nowhere. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like my lawnmower. Every time I repair it I have leftover parts - yet it still works... yep, it's made in USA...

It fascinates me that some hav touching faith in the ability of the government to manipulate minds and hide technology for decades... ..the same govt that can't deliver a parcel to the correct address, manage water resources properly or resist 'leaking' gossip to the press...

I did learn something new: I previously thought Foo Fighters were merely a cr@p band....

Lav69
03-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Dave Grohl

gates123
03-19-2005, 04:17 PM
444th BG WWII "Foo Fighter" (UFO) sightings from official records:

1944.11.10 - daylight, Coast of Formosa just west of Okayama at 25,000 feet
B-29(?), black dot seen to hang in the air without movement or explosion. It was smaller than a flak burst, and looked like an object rather than a cloud of smoke. (Weekly Intelligence Summary #11, 10 Nov 44, HQ, Eastern Air Command, South East Asia)

1945.04.03 - Night, Japan
B-29 formation, two orange balls of fire. One near IP and the other over the target appeared to come from the ground and then move even wtiht he B-29s along the flight paths. No explosions. (Report of Operation 3-4 April 1945, HQ 21st Bomber Command)

1945.04.03, - 1813Z, Tokyo Bay area flying across the peninsula at land's end
B-29, heading 115 degs., 8000 feet, light observed following and closing on B-29 while gaining altitude. Ball of fire followed aircraft despite evasive maneuvers. Picked up on radar. Followed aircraft to about 25 to 30 miles beyond the coast over the ocean. (Report of Operation 3-4 April 1945, HQ 21st Bomber Command)

1945.04.03, 1814Z - Tokyo Bay area.
B-29 heading 120 degs., 7000 feet ball of fire observed at 4 o'clock position following aircraft. Evasive action through clouds 3 time could not loose the object which had a phosphorescent glow. Stayed with B-29 for 5 minutes across Tokyo Bay after that it disappeared. (Report of Operation 3-4 April 1945, HQ 21st Bomber Command)

1945.05.15 - Night, Nogoya, Japan.
B-29, 444th Bomb Group, "The first sighting of a ball of fire' was made on this mission. (444th Bombardment Gourp history)

1945.05.23 - Night, Tokyo, Japan.
B-29, 444th Bomb Group, "Three balls of fire' reported. (444th Bombardment Group history.)

1945.07.12/13 - Night Japan.
B-29, Orange light paralleling the path of enemy aircraft. Unable to determine if it was part of aircraft. (Report on Attack of 4 Cities, 12/13 July 1945, HQ 21st Bomber Command)

1945.07.16/17 - Night near Numazu, Japan.
B-29, 58th Wing, Mission #271, ball of fire at 10,000 feet followed aircraft. Disappeared into smoke to the right of the B-29.(Mission 271-274 16/17 July 1945, HQ 21st Bomber Command)

1945.07.16/17 - Night, near Numazu, Japan.
B-29, 58th Wing, 58th Wings, Mission #271 one light seen at 10,800 feet about 500 feet above B-29 and gaining. When within 500 feet of the B-29, the light turned right, went off and disappeared. (Intel Officer: sharp maneuvers do not support Baka theory.) (Mission 271-274 16/17 July 1945, HQ 21st Bomber Command

1945.07.16/17 - Night, Numazu, Japan.
B-29, 58th Wings, Mission #271, a red light at the 6 o'clock position. The light passed to the right of aircraft making sharp turns. B-29 crew received flak from the ground at this time. (Mission 271-274 16/17 July 1945, HQ 21st Bomber Command

August 10, 1944
Palembang, Sumatra

Captain Alvah M. Reida of the 486th Bomb Group, 792nd Squadron, 20th Bomber Command, based at Kharagapur, India was on a mission from Ceylon to bomb Palembang, Sumatra, flying a B-29 Bomber at an altitude of 14,000 feet and an indicated airspeed of 210 mph. The right gunner and copilot reported a bright red or orange spherical object pacing the plane about 500 yards off the starboard wing. It was about 5 or 6 feet in diameter and seemed to vibrate constantly.
Captain Reida attempted evasive action, but the object followed every maneuver for about eight minutes, then suddenly made an abrupt 90 degree turn and accelerated away rapidly.

Various explanations were given for Foo Fighters. The official explanation was that they were the effect of electrostatic or electromagnetic fields created across the wings of aircraft. But why none of these effects are present on modern aircraft and why the objects were not always observed in contact with the wings and were often seen far away from aircraft has never been explained.

Unusual aircraft and lights in the sky were seen from the ground and from ships, as well.

August 12,1942
Tulagi, Solomon Islands

Sergeant Stephen J. Brickner of the 1st Paratroop Brigade, 1st Marine Division, U.S. Marine Corps, reported that air raid sirens went off, and he observed over 150 objects fly over in straight lines of 10 or 12 objects, one behind the other. No wings or tails were visible to Sergeant Brickner, and the objects seemed to "wobble" slightly as they flew over at a speed that was "a little faster than Jap planes." Sergeant Brickner said that their appearance was that of highly polished silver that shimmered brightly in the sun. He said, "All in all, it was the most awe-inspiring and yet frightening spectacle I have seen in my life."

September, 1941
Indian Ocean

In September, 1941, two sailors on board the British troop ship S.S. Pulaski watched a strange greenish glowing globe follow the ship for an hour.

In reality, no one knew what foo fighters really were. Hitler thought they were a U.S. secret weapon, and is said to have had them investigated. The British thought they were German and allegedly set up a group called the Massey Project to study them. The U.S. 8th Army also scrutinized them, but once it was determined that they were not of German or Japanese origin, the studies were dropped. The Foo Fighters themselves didn't go away until the war ended, and possibly not even then. After the war, new names for unidentified aerial phenomenon came into use, such as flying saucer.

About eight or 10 bright orange lights startled the crew of an American aircraft connected with the 415th Night Fighter Squadron as the plane cruised the Rhine River area north of Strasbourg one November night. Curiously, the lights, which were moving across the sky at tremendous speed, did not show up on either ground or aircraft radar. The pilot, Lt. Ed Schlueter, banked into them expecting a dogfight, but much to his astonishment the objects completely disappeared, only to reappear seconds later. After five minutes the lights were gone.

According to Maj. William D. Leet, "My B-17 crew and I were kept company by a 'foo fighter,' a small amber disc, all the way from Klagenfurt, Austria, to the Adriatic Sea. This occurred on a 'lone wolf' mission at night, as I recall, in December 1944 in the 15th Air Force, 5th Wing, 2nd Bomb Group. The intelligence officer who debriefed us stated that it was a new German fighter but could not explain why it did not fire at us or, if it was reporting our heading, altitude, and airspeed, why we did not receive antiaircraft fire."

Some time in late 1944, a P-47 pilot west of Neustadt, Germany, saw "a gold-colored ball with a metallic finish" moving slowly through the air. The sun was low in the sky so the observer could not tell if the sun was reflecting off the object or if the object had its own light source. A "phosphorescent golden sphere" three to five feet in diameter was seen by another P-47 pilot in the area.

On December 22nd a pilot with the 415 Night Fighter Squadron encountered two "large orange glows" which climbed rapidly toward him as he flew over Hagenau, Germany, at six a.m. The radar operator also saw the strange objects.

"Upon reaching our altitude," the pilot said, they "leveled off and stayed on my tail." He execauted a steep dive, a sharp bank, and other intricate maneuvers but the objects matched them all. "After staying with the plane for two minutes," he said, "they peeled off and turned away, flying under perfect control, and then went out."

Foo fighters continued to plague the 415th all through January 1945. Usually the lights, colored orange, red, or white, would tail the aircraft for a few moments before streaking away. The ghostly objects never showed up on radar, but the veteran crews discounted theories that the glowing globes were reflections, St. Elmo's fire, or flares, all of which they had observed many and would have easily recognized. One pilot even insisted that he had felt prop wash as the foos zipped passed him.

Theres more evidence regarding the reality of this phenomenon then there ever was for Hitler escaping to Argintina or the Nazi's testing nukes or even the JFK magic bullet theory ect ect..

Intelligence won the war especially from pilot accounts. No one denied pilot reports when they saw the first 190's appear over The Channel. Not too mention these Foo fighter reports were taken from all theaters.

Say what you want but these pilots were trained well. If they saw something that doesn't fit with conventional aeronautical wisdom , then you can't disregard FIRST HAND information because it doesn't fit one's religous or scientific beliefs. Be sure.

skabbe
03-19-2005, 05:24 PM
i like to believe, but i cant, its to stupid. though i think that documentry about ufo during the coold war, when crazy america and crazy russia was listening to each other with BIG ears. alot of strange things was picked up then. still silly...

darkhorizon11
03-19-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm half skeptical on this issue. After taking human factors classes I can tell you that after flying for hours over a featureless terrain and ocean the mind is capable of some suprising things. Even group hallucinations are possible. Also, B-29s are older reciprocating aircraft compared to modern props. Vibrations are much higher and vibration can really do a lot to ruin and distort things. Its does a real number on perception and concentration. It is possible to "see" things in the enviroment at these high altitudes. Although the B-29s over Japan were pressurized other bombers like the B-17 and 24 weren't, they did have supplimental oxygen naturally, but there were sometimes leaks in masks that can cause an incidious onset of hypoxia, which once again can cause visual illusions and distortions. Trust me, I know I've experienced it myself.

On the other hand, I keep an open mind and anything is possible. Obviously the fact that some of these objects were also seen from the ground and picked up on radar makes the possibilities endless.

Aaron_GT
03-19-2005, 06:26 PM
It is very easy to misinterpret the distance of a light at night. I've done itself and lights that have been inside a vehicle I have assumed were outside until something happened outside which made the presumption that it was outside impossible when the perception resolves itself instantly and the object can appear to disappear. Or the conditions that led to the light that appeared to be outside might just go away.

Glass and perspex can act like a mirror, and it is no accident that magicians often use smoke and mirrors. The human perceptual system is truly remarkable, however it does have flaws and can be fooled, and even very experienced people can be fooled due to the anomalous way perception works. when you add in fear, long transit times, and sometimes stimulants to keep people awake even more things are possible. I can't blame the crews - I've seen things that turned out not to be there myself.

Some of the instances above are from single viewpoints at night and might be due to functions of the way human perception works, especially ones in which the object remained in the same position relative to the aircraft throught maneouvers.

If a phenomenon is seen from multiple view points, inside and outside aircraft, and/or is visible on radar then that's a different matter.

flockzap
03-19-2005, 06:38 PM
http://abovetopsecret.com/forum/19/pg1/srtpages

Well... I like to think this way... if there were conditions to create life on planet Earth why not in any other solar system?? I´m not saying that they exist... but I´m not saying also that they can´t exist.

Flockzap

Von_Rat
03-19-2005, 06:39 PM
i think aliens exist, but not ufo's. i once read a articale called ,,,you can't get there from here,,, it explained that unless faster than light travel is possiable, einstein says no, then there won't be any ufo's, at least in this little outa way corner of gaxlaxy. even though aliens could very well exist, getting here in any kind of vehicale that doesn't violate the laws of physic's, as we understand them, is impossiable.

of course physics change every 20 years or so, so who knows.

oh almost forgot, ALIENS DO EXIST, AND THEY FLY SPITFIRES. there are you happy pingu666. lol.

LW_lcarp
03-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Yep and Oleg was kind enough to put some Foo Fighters in his game to

gates123
03-19-2005, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Von_Rat:
you can't get there from here,,, it explained that unless faster than light travel is possiable, einstein says no, then there won't be any ufo's, at least in this little outa way corner of gaxlaxy. even though aliens could very well exist, getting here in any kind of vehicale that doesn't violate the laws of physic's, as we understand them, is impossiable.

Yes Physics do change every 20 years, this new theory was just completed a few months ago and comes from the work of "mainstream scientists". Very facinating read, be sure.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/news/article204.htm

Wseivelod
03-19-2005, 09:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lav69:
Dave Grohl <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

nate mendal.
taylor hawkins.
chris shiflet.
william goldsmith.
pat smear.
franz stahl.

life forever changed.

dugong
03-19-2005, 09:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Physics don't change - just our perception and explanations. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

skabbe
03-20-2005, 05:02 AM
hmm dugong, that was just what he said.

anyways, why would they be ailens? if you want to travel 40 million lightyears you need somthing that can manipulate time, so it could even be humans from the future. and that would explain why they dont want to show, to not change the future to much. if i were an alien finding earh i would land immediately and say hello...

EURO_Snoopy
03-20-2005, 06:39 AM
http://airwarfare.com/AWX/images/temp/asgtitle.gif
Member of the Spitfre Flight model testing team

dugong
03-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Check this out. This is the ultimate in wierd. If you go to the homepage you will find a bevy of wierdness. Makes your spine tingle.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page529.html

Von_Rat
03-20-2005, 04:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dugong:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Physics don't change - just our perception and explanations. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes i should of said its paradigiam changes every 20 years or so.

Lewicide
03-20-2005, 05:51 PM
The Eldridge was involved in Degaussing,
which meant that large cables were laid around and perhaps through the ship, and massive currents were passed through them creating a strong electromagnetic field.
The purpose of this was to stifle and alter the ships magnetic signature making it less vulnerable to mines triggered by the ships magnetic signature.
Crews were not supposed to be aboard during degaussing due to the poorly understood effects of these extremely powerfull fields on human phyisiology. Anyone subjected to these fields for long enough, could have been effected in a number of nasty ways including the possibility of mental disturbance.

Thats why there are reasons apart from access that you are not allowed to build too close to high tension power lines. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Cheers

PBNA-Boosher
03-20-2005, 11:58 PM
and I quote from the movie: Contact

"If there weren't aliens? Well, then the universe must be one giant waste of space."

civildog
03-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Let's not forget the secret Nazi underground bases in Antarctica that U-boats were supplying as early as 1942. Admiral Byrd attempted to retake NeuSchwabenland in Project HighJump but failed when he was repelled by the cyborg pilots of the Nazi saucers.

Now they forage far and wide for research subjects to expand their knowledge of mind control and cyborg design. That explains cattle mutilations. The underground war with the Reptoids that is being fought be Illuminati slave armies of mind-controlled missing children led by Wackenhut commandos controlled by Nazi buttchips explains all those faces on milkcartons. I have it on good authority that the undergound airport at Denver, you know - the one they built by "mistake" and then covered over to make a new one, is a central clearing facility for this ongoing war for ultimate rule over the Earth.

Soon we'll all either be fed to the Reptoids or mind slave cyborgs for the Fourth Reich. As for me, I'm going to cut out my buttchip and join the resistance which is led by the decendants of the Knights Templar. The Rosicrucians tried to lead the charge, but got caught up in the Vatican Bank Scandal along with the Mafia so became easy meat for the Reptoids when they lost funding for Zero-point energy weapons. It was awful.

TheVoodooPriest
03-21-2005, 01:58 AM
Hey CivilDog, i think you played DeusEx too much. Great game btw, but the story is almost as weird as yours http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Spartan_GR
03-21-2005, 08:24 AM
This story is great - that is if you want to write a science fiction novel http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gates123
03-21-2005, 09:52 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif

In the late summer of 1947, when the Air Force had become an independent branch of the military, Air Intelligence at the Pentagon requested a report from Air Materiel Command regarding what was known about "flying disks". The Commander of the Air Materiel Command at Wright-Patterson, Lt. General Nathan F. Twining, held a conference with persons from the Air Institute of Technology, Intelligence T-2, the Office of Chief Engineering Division, and the the Aircraft, Power Plant, and Propeller Laborotories of Engineering Division T-3. As a result of this conference, on September 23, 1947, Twining sent a secret memorandum to Brig. General George Schulgen, Chief of the Air Intelligence Requirements Division that concluded:

a. The phenomenon reported is something real and not visionary or fictitious.

b. There are objects probably approximating the shape of a disk, of such appreciable size as to appear to be as large as man-made aircraft.

c. There is a possibility that some of the incidents may be caused by natural phenomena,such as meteors.

d. The reported operating characteristics such as extreme rates of climb, maneuverability, and actions which must be considered evasive when sighted or contacted by friendly aircraft and radar, lend belief to the possibility that some of the objects are controlled either manually, automatically, or remotely.

e. The apparent common description of the objects is as follows:

(1) Metallic or light reflecting.

(2) Absence of trail, except in a few instances when the object apparently was operating under high performance conditions

(3) Circular or elliptical in shape, flat on bottom and domed on top.

(4) Several reports of well kept formation flights varying from three to nine objects.

(5) Normally no associated sound, except in three instances a substantial rumbling roar was noted.

(6) Level flight speeds normally above 300 knots are estimated.

f. It is possible within the present U.S. knowledge - provided extensive detailed development is undertaken - to construct a piloted aircraft which has the general description of the object in subparagraph (e) above which would be capable of anapproximate range of 7,000 miles at subsonic speeds.

g. Any development in this country along the lines indicated would be extremely expensive, time consuming, and at the considerable expense of current projects and therefore, if directed, should be set up independently of existing projects.

h. Due consideration must be given to the following:

(1) The possibility that these objects are of domestic origin - the product of some high security project not known to AC/AS-2 or this Command.

(2) The lack of physical evidence in the shape of crash recovered exhibits which would undeniably prove the existence of these objects.

(3) The possibility that some foreign nation has a form of propulsion, possibly nuclear, which is outside of our domestic knowledge.

The Air Materiel Command concluded by requesting that the Air Force issue a directive assigning a permanent project to study the phenomenon.

From this report, since declassified, one can make some interesting inferences:

1. The Air Force Air Materiel Command, presumably with access to all of the available information about UFOs that was in existence at the time, had come to the conclusion that they were real, and not all were explainable as natural phenomena or illusions.

2. Although this was almost three months after Roswell, and Twining was at Wright-Patterson, where the Roswell debris was supposed to have been sent, he states that there is a ...lack of physical evidence in the shape of crash recovered exhibits...

By this time, U. S. intelligence had completed its analysis of German projects that were in existence during the War, and had found nothing that could account for UFO sightings, even with post-war continued development in the Soviet Union.

At the same time, the Air Force determined that there was no aircraft construction material in existence at that time that could withstand the stresses resulting from the high speeds and the reported maneuvers of UFOs. In addition, even if the material could be found, the human body could not withstand the g-forces involved.

Top US brass took it seriously why can't some of you? These were the conclusion after the end of WW2. Its much easier to deny or ridicule the subject then it is to actually have an open mind about it, or even better a constructive conversation.

If some of these objects are from another world then you have to take into account that they might be a million to a billion years ahead of us. There's nothing conventional about that and comparing it to anything we have flying is just flat out alien. All foo-fighter sightings that were observed during the war were seen before terms like "flying saucer" or "UFO" were ever coined. So don't blame this on mass public hysteria and sci-fi movies getting into the consciousness of the general public. These were highly trained combat pilots seeing them during the day and night.

gates123
03-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Classic daylight foo-fighter sighting right out of the US national archives:

HEADQUARTERS VII Bomber Command
APO #244

MISSION REPORT NO. 11-327

DATE: 2 MAY 1945 (GCT).

OBSERVATIONS: The crew of plane #616 over FALA ISLAND, TRUK ATOLL, at 021802Z observed 2 airborne objects at their 11,000 foot altitude changing from a cherry red to an orange, and to a white light which would die out and then become cherry red again. These objects were out on either wing and not within range of caliber .50 machine guns. Both followed the B-24 through all types of evasive action. A B-24 took a course for GUAM and one of the pursuers dropped off at 021900Z after accompanying the B-24 for an hour. The other continued to follow, never approaching closer than 1000 yards and speeding up when the B-24 went thru the clouds to emerge on the other side ahead of the B-24. In daylight it was seen to be bright silver in color. As the B-24 let down at GUAM, the pursuer took a course of 330 degrees at 15, 000 feet to 20,000 feet altitude at 022130Z. ONe B-24 encountered eight intense flames light green in color, one of which burst and hung at 5,000 feet at 021013Z. There was no trail or warning until the actual burst. A B-24 reported 9 to 10 red tracer type trails of fire up to 5,000 feet. They came in pairs and one pair came within 50 to 100 yards of the tail of the B-24 at 021010Z. Source of each pair was at a different location.

{[} Source: Seventh Bomber Command Mission Reports, 742.332 - 8 February-
16 May 1945 {]}

Jasko76
03-21-2005, 02:04 PM
I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Life must exist elsewehere, but wether we will ever make contact with other civilizations is debatable. Then again, what do we know? We have barely taken our first steps into space. Perhaps other, more advanced civilizations can alter space and time fabric, which would make interstellar trips feasible.

Spartan_GR
03-21-2005, 03:54 PM
There is one question ( that cannot be answered of course, but is a serious one ). If Aliens do exist, and they have visited Earth with their crafts, why are they hiding? I mean, why we haven't seen a UFO land in the center of a major city for instance? Do they fear us? Propably not, because since they have the technology to make such travels ( assuming that they exist of course ) our weapons must be like water-pistols for them.

I believe that they do not fear us as a threat to them. They fear the consequenses of their appearance to our society.

We are not ready yet ( as a race ) to meet other life from other planets... We are still a danger to "us". Humanity is still at puberty i believe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gates123
03-21-2005, 04:06 PM
From an interview with Astronaut Gordon Cooper on 14 Jan. 1997:

"I know other astronauts share my feelings," declared Cooper, 69, who went into space aboard a Mercury craft in 1963 and on a Gemini craft two years later. "And we know the government is sitting on hard evidence of UFOs !" Cooper said he first encountered UFOs as a military pilot in Germany in the early 1950s, when unidentified craft were spotted over an air base.
"We thought they could have been Russian * we regularly had MiG-15s overflying our base. We scrambled our Sabre jets to intercept and got to our ceiling of 45,000 feet . . . and they were still way above us traveling faster than we were. These vehicles were in formation like a fighter group, but they were metallic silver and saucer-shaped. Believe me, they weren't like any MiGs I'd seen before ! They had to be UFOs."
In 1957, Cooper was one of an elite band of test pilots at Edwards Air Force Base in California, in charge of several advanced projects, including the installation of a precision landing system.
"I had a camera crew filming the installation when they spotted a saucer. They filmed it as it flew overhead, then hovered, extended three legs as landing gear, and slowly came down to land on a dry lake bed ! These guys were all pro cameramen, so the picture quality was very good. The camera crew managed to get within 20 or 30 yards of it, filming all the time. It was a classic saucer, shiny silver and smooth, about 30 feet across. It was pretty clear it was an alien craft. As they approached closer it took off."
When his camera crew handed over the film, Cooper followed standard procedure and contacted Washington to report the UFO * and "all heck broke loose," he said. "After a while a high-ranking officer said when the film was developed I was to put it in a pouch and send it to Washington. He didn't say anything about me not looking at the film. That's what I did when it came back from the lab * and it was all there just like the camera crew reported."
When the Air Force later started Operation Blue Book to collate UFO evidence and reports, Cooper says he mentioned the film evidence. "But the film was never found * supposedly. Blue Book was strictly a cover-up anyway." Cooper revealed he's convinced an alien craft crashed at Roswell, N. Mex., in 1947 and aliens were discovered in the wreckage. "I had a good friend at Roswell, a fellow officer. He had to be careful about what he said. But it sure wasn't a weather balloon, like the Air Force cover story. He made it clear to me what crashed was a craft of alien origin, and members of the crew were recovered."
Why has the government kept its UFO secrets for so many years ? "It started in World War 2, when the government didn't want people to know about UFO reports in case they panicked," said Cooper. "They would have been fearful it was superior enemy technology that we had no defense against. Then it got worse in the Cold War for the same reason. So they told one untruth, they had to tell another to cover that one, then another, then another . . . it just snowballed. And right now I'm convinced a lot of very embarrassed government officials are sitting there in Washington trying to figure a way to bring the truth out. They know it's got to come out one day, and I'm sure it will.

-Donald Slayton, Mercury astronaut, in a 1951 interview

I was testing a P-51 fighter in Minneapolis when I spotted this object. I was at about 10,000 feet on a nice, bright, sunny afternoon. I thought the object was a kite, then I realized that no kite is gonna fly that high. As I got closer it looked like a weather balloon, gray and about three feet in diameter. But as soon as I got behind the darn thing it didn't look like a balloon anymore. It looked like a saucer, a disk. About the same time, I realized that it was suddenly going way from me-and there I was, running at about 300 miles per hour. I tracked it for a little way, and then all of a sudden the **** thing just took off. It pulled about a 45 degree climbing turn and accelerated and just flat disappeared.

These interviews prove that not only ww2 pilots but astronauts have seen them too, and also goes to prove that they are seen by credible witnesses who have extensive aeronautical and engineering backgrounds.

Insuber
03-21-2005, 04:15 PM
I know a WWII flying saucers witness - my mother. Shortly after the WWII end, she saw a tidy formation of 9 "rectangular shining silver objects", without wings or tails, flying silently in the sky of Milan, above the crowd crying "the flying disks!".

My mother firmly believes that the objects were not common aircrafts, at least not of the types she knew during the war. Even now, she believes that the rectangular objects were UFOs.

Regards,
Insuber

civildog
03-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Ok, I got the buttchip out...how much do you think I could get for it on eBay?

It started beeping louder and faster when I finally dug it out, I wonder what that means.....?

blakduk
03-21-2005, 08:21 PM
Of course there are UFO's- they are literally 'unidentified flying objects'. People often look to the sky and see something they cant identify- it doesnt mean its aliens however.
My opinion is that UFO's are like genuine miracles- it would be great if they existed, but they dont.
The more we see of what is all around us, the more fascinating it seems to be.
BTW- i come from the ministry of misinformation on planet Zog. We are among you but must never let you know the truth.....

ClnlSandersLite
03-21-2005, 10:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>btw, its more likely aliens exist, than they dont <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone who has read a certain piece by Douglas Adams knows this isn't true. His reasoning:

The universe is infinite
Divide the number of sentients by infinity to derive a ratio.
Any number divided by infinity is 0 excepting infinity which is 1.

So, Adams aside, mathmatically there is either 1 sentient species (finite number of species sentient and nonsentient) per universe, or no sentient speci(?) per universe (finite number of species sentient and nonsentient).

Given what I've seen of the human race, I'm inclined to believe the latter. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jasko76
03-22-2005, 03:28 AM
According to Islam, there are seven "worlds". If we assume that three of them are earth, heaven and hell, there are still four other worlds... Intriguing!

Besides, the Universe is such a big and complex space that it would be a real waste of everything if only Earth harbored life!

B16Enk
03-22-2005, 05:02 AM
I personally have experienced a UFO sighting.

It was in the sixties (and no I was too young to truly 'experience' the sixties being born in 1960 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif) whilst I, my mother, two brothers, ten to fifteen other mother/child combinations and two RAF Police men stood near the gates to RAF Bassingbourne (it was one of the side gates near the married quarters) waiting for the school bus to ferry us into Royston.

It would have been around 08:30 and was a clear, bright day. I'm not too sure what time of the year it was, but it light so post spring/pre winter.

We all saw and marvelled at three bright 'triangular' objects that put on a breathtaking aerobatics display, that included instantaneous stops, starts and 90 degree direction changes, as the three shapes diverged and converged.

The display ended abruptly with the 'UFOs' first stopping and hanging, then rapidly shooting away out of site upwards, not towards the horizon.

The two duty Policemen 'phoned the control tower (it was a flying base back then) and reported to us that what we had experienced had been seen by the control tower, but not picked up by radar.

A few years later, 1970 ish, I experienced another UFO whilst waiting for a school bus.
This one was observed to collide with a car and head directly to the assembled children, mere feet in front of said children the object made a dramatic change in course in the vertical plane, and passed directly overhead at a height of some 7 foot.

UFO was quickly identified as a motorcycle and sidecar when it came to rest in the field behind, and below, us!

Capt.England
03-22-2005, 02:17 PM
They exist, be sure! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

woofiedog
03-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Proof... The Allies Secret Weapon being chased by the Luftwaffe. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/woofiedog/Vril_7.jpg

woofiedog
03-22-2005, 02:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/woofiedog/afdbhead.jpg
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Save Your Brain Cells Now... So you can go out Drinking Later!</span>

NorrisMcWhirter
03-22-2005, 03:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jasko76:
According to Islam, there are seven "worlds". If we assume that three of them are earth, heaven and hell, there are still four other worlds... Intriguing!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know where there is another...Oleg's World.

That just leaves the three now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Norris

gates123
03-23-2005, 12:29 PM
Newsweek magazine December 1944

"The Silver Sphere Puzzle

...Dispatches heavily censored by Supreme Headquarters revealed that American pilots have encountered a new phenomenon over Germany: silver-colored spheres resembling huge, glittering Christmas-tree ornaments. Sometimes translucent, floating singly or in clusters, the balls are presumably a new form of aerial interference."

Associated Press, 1 January 1945

"Balls of Fire Stalk U.S. Fighters in Night Assaults Over Germany
American Night Fighter Base, France, Jan. 1 --

The Germans have thrown something new into the night skies over Germany -- the weird, mysterious "foo-fighter," balls of fire that race alongside the wings of American Beaufighters flying intruder missions over the Reich.

American pilots have been encountering the eerie "foo-fighter" for more than a month in their night flights. No one apparently knows exactly what this sky weapon is.

The balls of fire appear suddenly and accompany the planes for miles. They appear to be radio-controlled from the ground and keep up with planes flying 300 miles an hour, official intelligence reports reveal.

"There are three kinds of these lights we call 'foo-fighters,'" Lieut. Donald Meiers of Chicago said. "One is red balls of fire which appear off our wing tips and fly along with us; the second is a vertical row of three balls of fire which fly in front of us, and the third is a group of about fifteen lights which appear off in the distance--like a Christmas tree up in the air--and flicker on and off."

The pilots of this night-fighter squadron--in operation since September, 1943--find these fiery balls the weirdest thing that they have yet encountered. They are convinced that the "foo-fighter" is designed to be a psychological as well as a military weapon, although it is not the nature of the fire-balls to attack planes.

"A 'foo-fighter' picked me up recently at 700 feet and chased me twenty miles down the Rhine Valley," Lt. Meirs said. "I turned to starboard and two balls of fire turned with me. I turned to the port side and they turned with me. We were going 260 miles an hour and the balls were keeping right up with us."

"On another occasion when a 'foo-fighter' picked us up, I dove at 360 miles per hour. It kept right off our wing tips for awhile and then zoomed up into the sky. "When I first saw the things off my wing tips, I had the horrible thought that a German on the ground was ready to press a button and explode them. But they don't explode or attack us.

Associated Press, Paris, 13 December 1945

"...Pilots ... reported that they had seen these objects, both individually and in clusters, during forays over Germany. Lt. Wallace Gould of Silver Creek, NY said that the lights had followed his wing tips for a while and then, in a few seconds, zoomed 20,000 feet into the air out of sight. Lt. Edward Schlater of Oshkosh, Wisconsin, said that he had seen the "foo-fighter" on two occasions and it "looked like shooting stars." In his first experience with them, Lt. Gould said, "I thought it was some new form of jet-propulsion plane after us. But we were very close to them and none of us saw any structure on the fire balls."

SUPREME HEADQUARTERS Dec. 13 (Reuter)

- The Germans have produced a "secret" weapon in keeping with the Christmas season.

The new device, apparently an air defense weapon resembles the huge glass balls that adorn Christmas trees. There was no information available as to whatholds them up like stars in the sky, what is in them or what their purpose is supposed to be.

Isn't it interesting that those who deride the UFO/Foo-fighter issue are also those who make no efforts to understand it? Its easy to say there is no convincing evidence for the UFO issue if you refuse to investigate the evidence.

In order to accept any of the above explanations, one would have to discount the observational skills of scores of veteran combat pilots and their crew members whose very survival depended on their ability to instantly identify and react to any potential threat.

Enforcer572005
03-23-2005, 11:56 PM
At the risk of being thought nuts, I've studied this for 37 yrs, after I saw some stuff as a kid coming from a flying family at Ft Rucker ALA where my dad was an instructor (in the 60s). Both my parents are pilots, and I think that when people familiar with military technology and aviation (like most of us here) see stuff, it's much more credible than joe public.

I was a member of MUFON for many yrs, even got used as an incident investigator (i was all that was availible around here-I think they still have a web site) and in my former position as a 911 dispatcher taking calls on such, I was able to check out some pretty X-filish stuff....unfortunately I had no hot looking chick like Scully with me.

The best one was when someone had "something" fly over their house in a suburb one morning making a hissing sound, and pulling a metal storage building off its foundation and flinging it onto a chain link fence. The lawnmower got pulled through a bunch of mason jars and clay pots and wound up against the fence with the fuel tank pulled from its mount, and a metal wheel burrow was picked up and dropped into the inverted building.

what makes this kinda wierd is that nothing non-metallic was disturbed, in this yard or any of the others (community of Lindale Ga. USA). another nieghbor also heard it, but nobody saw anything when they went outside. A few miles away I found a guy that had the same thing happen and had some metal tools strewn several dozen yards from his yard.

I checked with Dobbins AFB and they told me that such low level flying would be forbidden in the populated area (they had F-15s, Navy A-7Es, and Marine A-6Es,but they never flew around here). It was just a hiss, not rotors or jets, according to the two witnesses in Lindale and the old guy a few miles away.

THis metal storage shed had survived countless storms over 14 yrs right in the middle of what locals call "tornado alley".

A County police officer was dispatched to make a report on it, and I got a copy of that to.(the other dispatchers called me at home as a result of sending him).Weather was clear, no wind.

2 nights earlier, we (911) got alot of calls about a large silent object with a light blue trail flying low over the same area and same direction as this was (I have no idea what that would mean-just additional info). one guy who saw it had military experience and said it appeared to him to be about the size of a C-130 but wasnt sure of his perspective, and it was totally silent. It made a turn in the vicintiy of the bashed building, but this was a couple of days earlier-whatever that means.

THe yard at the residence that had the building thrown across the yard had all sorts of stuff laying around that wasnt metal...clothers, toys, the neatly stacked rows of jars and pots in the building (some were busted by the lawn mower rolling through them) that were untouched. They were not even going to make an insurance claim on this.

This may seem a bit insignificant in itself, but the disturbance of metal objects while nothing else non-metal is moved in the vicinity of a "ufo" sighting is pretty common. It's basically like a giant magnet has flown overhead and dragged stuff a ways with it. A similiar incident happened in a Place called Sand Mountain across the state line in Alabama;
The state chairman of MUFON wrote that up, complete with photos....a "big bright thing" hovered silently over his property in the middle of the night then flew over his house...promptly pulling up some of the sheet metal roof, and scattering a bunch of metal tools, buckets etc for several score yards in the direction it left.

I wont even get into the weird goings on I sat and watched nightly on a couple of trips I made in the ninteties to Gulf Breeze Fla. I got some photos somewhere of some of those wierd light thingies, but they aren't very spectacular.

in any event, I know enough about availible military technology to know we don't have aircraft that go from 0 to about 1000 knts in a second (there's alot of good daylight video of that), and that can make sharp 90 degree turns zigzaging without losing energy, then hover motionless before darting away in an instant-Ive seen this stuff, and If you see it, and are familiar with aircraft, you will have a bit of an open mind about it from then on (as I did after I saw that cigar shaped thing puking out disks from one end over Ft. Rucker with my mother on the way to elementary school). I could ID every military plane in existance when I was 10, and it wasn't one of them.

I discovered shortly afterward that such was a common sighting for many years-the technology (or whatever) seems to change over yrs.

I dunno what they are, but I know what they aren't , and the explanaitions some have don;t cut it.

Having said that (and outing myself as a UFO "hobbiest"), I have also concluded that about 90% of what's published is absolute garbage. There is some reliable material, but you have to do alot of sifting.

I'm much too curious to just dismiss this, and like most complicated subjects (ie military aviation and war) when one does some serious research, one learns there is much more to it than what Peter Jennings puts on ABC in a really lousy documentary.

I've gone on much too long here.....thanks for tolerating the newbie.

gates123
03-24-2005, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Enforcer572005:
I have also concluded that about 90% of what's published is absolute garbage. There is some reliable material, but you have to do alot of sifting.

You hit it on the head. Its the 5-10% of the material that still goes unaswered. Problem is people get gullible, hoaxed and spoon fed disinformation on the rest of it. Thats why they would rather laugh and talk about butt implants then take the time to dig for the real facts, first hand testimony and evidence. Guess it just shows how gullible and naive they really are....

If I was in charge of a country's airforce that came across technology that was at least 50,000 years ahead of anything man-made, I'd want to keep that under wraps at all cost. To understand it would take decades.

canucksledge
03-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Saying there's no life on any other planet in the universe than ours is as naive and foolish as the belief that an entire field sowed with corn will sprout but a single seedling.

Dunno who said it, I'm just parroting foolishly...could have been me for all I know.

My question is...what have the little green runts done for me lately?

Enforcer572005
03-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Yup, I knew a couple of chicks once that had a problem with butt implants, but I digress...
(did I spell that right?)

Most of the time I went out on "investigations" I found that they had an explanation, one especially surprised me as it involved stuff I wasnt familiar with (if it deosn't fly, shoot, take pictures, or wage war, I don't know much about it).The star Sirius got called in alot while I was at work.

A woman in the sticks called 911 to report that something had landed in her yard and left physical evidence....they woke me up (I worked the graveyard shift) and I kinda perked up when they told me that, and informed me that the county cop said it looked like something round had "done something" to the lawn. I got there in a hurry, envisioning the Air Force or Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones showing up first (though this was in 95 before the movie).

I found what looked like a big black bullseye in her yard......I took pics and samples, and saw that it looked like real fine black powder in several circles like a roundel.

I found nothing in the documentation regarding natural conditions etc, but when talking to a another dispatcher who owned a farm, he told me that was a form of mold that spores out from a central plant and throws the stuff out in that manner. New one on me.

that still doesnt explain incidents of impressions, radiation, grass not growing for years etc, but I never found anything like that.

darkhorizon11
03-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Although I essentially debunked this in an earlier post.
I would like to jump on the other side of this for a second.

Remember many of these lights and objects were seen by people on the ground with a different POV on the object far away. This dispatches the idea of some strange atmospheric light refraction. Also many were picked up on radar confirming that some were tangible objects.

I believe just after Pearl Harbor a massive object was seen over Los Angeles or maybe San Francisco at about 3AM. Believe it was a Japanese craft of some sort AAA and aircraft attacked it for a good 20 minutes. Finally the craft moved out to sea and disappeared. Over 10,000 people confirmed this seeing this object.

Some of this stuff I don't think science will ever be able to explain.

diomedes33
03-25-2005, 12:45 AM
I do think that there is other Intelligent life in the Universe other than us. Like Boosher's Quote, it would be an aweful waste of space.

However there are other explanations for these sitings other than little green men. One of my favorites is Ball Lightning. From what I've read its a ball of electricity that behaves like a solid object, bouncing around and breaking stuff.

I read an account once on a professor that was able to generate it in his lab. The energy ball pretty much destroyed the entire lab.

Doesn't get wierder than a ball of energy that takes on a life of its own.

Here's an article I found that has a lot of info

Ball Lighning (http://web.ukonline.co.uk/Members/ad.johnson/text/bl.htm)

You can do a google search on Ball Lightning too.

gates123
03-25-2005, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by diomedes33:
However there are other explanations for these sitings other than little green men. One of my favorites is Ball Lightning. From what I've read its a ball of electricity that behaves like a solid object, bouncing around and breaking stuff.

Ball lighting falls into the 90-95% of explainable ufo sightings. It doesnt however explain the 5-10% of numerous sightings that have taken place in clear daylight skies that are often simultaneously observed by pilot, ground observers and radar operators.

Capt.England
03-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Ball lighting is something that I have seen for myself. When I was in school in the early 80's, there was a bad storm. I was in class and all of a sudden a ball came into the classroom from the southern facing window, passed by and just missed the teacher, and then went straight out of the eastern window. I would love to of seen what would of happened if it hit the teacher (she was a right hard nut who no-one liked http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ).

Leicester and Leicestershire does suffer from what is known as Earthquake lights. I live very close to an area that has had a lot of sightings of these lights before we get small tremors. Before the Earthquake that hit off the coast in the Far East, Pravda's English web site was reporting on lights and (what they thought!) sonic booms about three weeks before that terrible disaster. From what is known about Earthquake lights, they are thought to be caused by the magnetic stress buildup of the underground earth moving. If this could be proved 100%, then maybe a early warning system that can measure magnetic stress levels could help save lives. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Another interesting thing that I have seen around here was two suns setting last summer on the way to the local pub in Groby. That was a mirage and I only wish that I had a camera phone on me that I could of used to take a very cool picture! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Aaron_GT
03-25-2005, 01:24 PM
"Leicester and Leicestershire does suffer from what is known as Earthquake lights."

Wales too, along fault lines.

We don't get much of that in God's County (Yorkshire). Just whippets and flat caps. I get the impression that a true Yorkshireman would be unimpressed by an alien landing, although now the rules on Yorkshire's team have changed if they could toss a ball well the Yorkshireman might perk up a bit.