PDA

View Full Version : GB vulnerability

OhHowSheGoingEh
04-02-2019, 09:53 PM
Why is GB completely different for every single hero even? What I mean by this is, shaman cant be grabbed out of her dodge attacks, but gladiator and PK can be.
Raider cant be grabbed out of his top heavy even though hes completely open but lawbringer can? What?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
04-02-2019, 11:21 PM
Why can you back dodge a Highlander kick but not a centurions?

OhHowSheGoingEh
04-02-2019, 11:58 PM
Why can you back dodge a Highlander kick but not a centurions?

Because highlander plants his foot down and then kicks while centurion jumps forward and then kicks.

FlyinBeef
04-03-2019, 06:20 PM
Why is GB completely different for every single hero even? What I mean by this is, shaman cant be grabbed out of her dodge attacks, but gladiator and PK can be.
Raider cant be grabbed out of his top heavy even though hes completely open but lawbringer can? What?

Because all heroes are different?

Liduras
04-03-2019, 06:41 PM

Ubisoft: "All heroes are equal, but some heroes are more equal than others"

OhHowSheGoingEh
04-03-2019, 10:15 PM
Did you even read what i wrote? Why does it matter if they are different? Both heros take over a second to throw out a top heavy yet only raider gets GB immunity?

FlyinBeef
04-03-2019, 11:00 PM
Did you even read what i wrote? Why does it matter if they are different? Both heros take over a second to throw out a top heavy yet only raider gets GB immunity?

Why both heroes take over a second to throw out a top heavy yet only Raider and HL have 45dmg?

Knight_Raime
04-03-2019, 11:53 PM
Most attacks in the game follow the same GB vulnerability rules. There are very few attacks in the game that do not follow the rules. It has to do with the attacks speed:

if the attack is 700ms or faster it should have 100ms vulnerability.
if the attack is 800ms-1000ms it should have up to 400ms of vulnerability.
if the attack is 1100ms-1300ms it should have up to 600ms of vulnerability.
if the attack is 1400ms or higher it should have up to 800ms of vulnerability.

For frame of reference 400ms and below GB vulnerability wise is too fast to do a GB on reaction. Feint into GB is the only way you can get this to work.

There are a few exceptions that i'm aware of. Warden's top heavy unblockable finisher IIRC is 1100ms. Which means it should have 600ms of vulnerability. Which should mean you should be able to GB it on reaction. But you can't. Because it actually has 400ms of vulnerability. This is good because this means you can't reactionary beat the mix up. (but it also fails because someone can just side step since it has a poor late time tracking.)

Black prior's zone is 700ms. Meaning you shouldn't be able to GB this really at all. But it actually has around 400ms of vulnerability. Meaning you could actually GB this attack on start up with a good read. This is good and bad.

And finally Nobushi's kick has 0ms vulnerability. Meaning you can never GB this move out of start up. I'm sure there are others. But in general it's not a very common thing to break the rules. But i'd imagine the point of doing so would be to make sure a mix up of some kind is actually viable while not being OP (see warden's top heavy UB mix up.)

Maxime_Qc-
04-04-2019, 08:20 AM
Why does tiandi have such low recovery time after a missed kick so he can't be guardbreak punish !?!?!?!?

Sweaty_Sock
04-04-2019, 08:26 AM
Because each character is unique? Hi landers kick can be back dodged because you can softfeint it into a grab (that will catch that) and get you 40 damage. Cent will get a light. Each character is different. We could just turn them all into warden and it'd be 'fair'?

Klingentaenz3r
04-04-2019, 12:02 PM

You cannot gb glad and pk out of their dodge attack. You guardbreak them out of their dodge. Once they initiated the dodge attack they cannot be guardbroken. Shaman has just a very quick dodge attack initiation can even softfeint from her heavy into it which is why you will most likely catch her on her attack frames already whenever you go for your gb and not on her dodge. If you would read after an exchange her going for a dodge attack and go for a gb you can surely catch her when she is about to move her feet however due to the descripted reasons it does not happen very often. Also mind checking up the gb vulnerability windows and move timings on the CFH subreddit resources bar.

That should also answer your question if you couldn't derive it from the information that Raime already provided you. And no of course Raider's heavy is not gb immune - that's propably you messing up the timing and trying to do it on reaction as both have actually the same vulnerability window. If you feel sth has changed there however feel free to do some frame testing. Who knows - maybe you're on to something. However no immunity. That is absolutely certain.

Overall we have mostly some good standards and overseeable consistency but of course with a few exceptions that might be character related features or gimmicks to make certain moves more or less punishable for either better or worse offense (for instance specific recovery cancels)