PDA

View Full Version : Buff Transmogrify

IlMonco1900
04-02-2019, 08:22 PM
It has probably been mentioned countless times before. But this card needs a serious buff. Upgrading it does virtually nothing since rats are worthless at ANY level.
So far it's worse than Cumbustion, which is a rare.

In order to make Transmogrify truly epic, it does not only have to cancel death wishes, it also has to prevent Pope from reviving the transmogrified unit.
GWC turns into a rat, it dies. So Pope should have to revive a rat and not GWC.

This will break a lot of people's strategies and you will piss people off, but that would actually finally fit within the logic of the card and game play.

So yeah. Think about that, because otherwise it's pathetic. Same with **** Magic. A **** dies, and not GWC.

Toller, Buck, tell the team. And tell me your own opinions, I'm curious.

Ubi-Toller
04-03-2019, 06:38 PM
Hey there!

Of course I'll tell the team. They always want to know what cards people would like to see adjusted, though this seems like it's a request to change how Pope Timmy works more than Transmogrify. I'll bring up both options.

I personally don't play with this card very often, though it can be very handy against larger enemies, especially those big enough to not have much of a knock-back zone. I'm more of a swarm girl when it comes to those units.

fanaticexpert
04-03-2019, 07:14 PM
How about changing to a rare. 1 copy of this card is all you need. A level 7 rat is as useless as a level 1 in this meta. Getting additional copies of this card is a waste. Find a way to make it worth while to upgrade.

AndrewWang42
04-04-2019, 03:13 AM
The only way to make it worth upgrading is a downgrade - say, allowing it to only transmogrify certain cards at level 1. But I have a hard time understanding anyway how a top 5 spell is considered to be underpowered. And oh, maybe you missed it in the Team Wars where both Kyle of the Drow Elves and a Dougie were together, but Transmogrify affects invulnerable units. I laughed every time I tranmogrified the invulnerable Dougie. Try doing that with Unholy Combustion.

I agree that the upgrades are stupid, but the card certainly does not need a buff, especially in the current meta.

lister_infiji
04-04-2019, 12:05 PM
The only way to make it worth upgrading is a downgrade - say, allowing it to only transmogrify certain cards at level 1. But I have a hard time understanding anyway how a top 5 spell is considered to be underpowered. And oh, maybe you missed it in the Team Wars where both Kyle of the Drow Elves and a Dougie were together, but Transmogrify affects invulnerable units. I laughed every time I tranmogrified the invulnerable Dougie. Try doing that with Unholy Combustion.

I agree that the upgrades are stupid, but the card certainly does not need a buff, especially in the current meta.

The shielded Dougie trick, although used a little in PVP, is not seen regularly enough to warrant calling transmog epic for that reason. I could equally point out that if you need a tiny amount of health from NK to win the game, you can use unholy combustion.. Try doing that with transmogrify.

Cloud_Heaney
04-09-2019, 10:10 AM
My suggestion for this card is simple. Change to rats that fight for you. Rats level dependant on the level of your card. Could make the card more useful.

AndrewWang42
04-24-2019, 09:49 PM
The shielded Dougie trick, although used a little in PVP, is not seen regularly enough to warrant calling transmog epic for that reason. I could equally point out that if you need a tiny amount of health from NK to win the game, you can use unholy combustion.. Try doing that with transmogrify.

Never called it categorically better, just said that it's not categorically worse than Unholy Combustion (which in my book is the best spell in the current meta). And plenty of people have caught on to the devestation that an invulnerable Dwarf Engineer can cause, so having a counter to that may save you two or even three phones.