PDA

View Full Version : Read this patchmakers!

Otto-Kretschmer
04-12-2005, 08:05 AM
I think that the multiplayer in SH3 is below all critics because; 1) There is no main chat outside the created gamerooms. 2) You can only make the settings Easy - Normal - Hard or Realistic. In singelplayer you can instead set the difficulty in percent (for example 72% realism). As it is now the host cant adjust his settings as he wish. Normal mod is all to easy and Hard mod have pretty boring settings. There should be a possibility for more personal settings just like in singelplayer. 3) In multiplayer there is no option for help or no help by the weapons officer). That is in my meaning the worst of all because with Hard and Realistic difficulty you allways have to use manual targeting. In fact it is more realistic with help from the weapons officer than without. Why else should I have him aboard in the first place? I also think its much funnier to play in cooperation with him. 4) There should be an option for seeing the names of the other players at the map (not when you actually look at them in the periscope or from the bridge). This would among other things make it much easier to see who are left in the game or who are not. I write this because in every multiplayergame I have played this far there have been at least 1-2 quitters. When syncronizing a wolf-attack I consider it as pretty important to know who of the players are in south, north, west or east. If I shall continue to play this lovely game online there must be some good multiplayer-changes with the next patch.

Sincerely/ Kristofer

Otto-Kretschmer
04-12-2005, 08:05 AM
I think that the multiplayer in SH3 is below all critics because; 1) There is no main chat outside the created gamerooms. 2) You can only make the settings Easy - Normal - Hard or Realistic. In singelplayer you can instead set the difficulty in percent (for example 72% realism). As it is now the host cant adjust his settings as he wish. Normal mod is all to easy and Hard mod have pretty boring settings. There should be a possibility for more personal settings just like in singelplayer. 3) In multiplayer there is no option for help or no help by the weapons officer). That is in my meaning the worst of all because with Hard and Realistic difficulty you allways have to use manual targeting. In fact it is more realistic with help from the weapons officer than without. Why else should I have him aboard in the first place? I also think its much funnier to play in cooperation with him. 4) There should be an option for seeing the names of the other players at the map (not when you actually look at them in the periscope or from the bridge). This would among other things make it much easier to see who are left in the game or who are not. I write this because in every multiplayergame I have played this far there have been at least 1-2 quitters. When syncronizing a wolf-attack I consider it as pretty important to know who of the players are in south, north, west or east. If I shall continue to play this lovely game online there must be some good multiplayer-changes with the next patch.

Sincerely/ Kristofer

Pentallion
04-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Totally agree! The host should be able to customize his realism settings to what he wants them to be.

Also, the Ubi.com servers aren't very user friendly. Let SH3 be compatible with Hyperlobby or else take some time to make the Ubi servers better.

Finally, allow us to connect via direct IP. That's the biggest BS of the multiplayer options after the realism settings. Having to go through the Ubi server.

Indianer.
04-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Agreed on all counts.

dagamecat
04-12-2005, 11:40 AM
good post, agreed! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I wouldn't mind using the ubi.com gameservice, its better than what we've got at the moment (ie, nothing). I've been going there for years, I know its buggy as hell, but it'd be a good laugh.