PDA

View Full Version : [AC3 R] Glad Ubisfot went open world RPG from original AC recepie, t'was horrible & limited!

aurelian86ubi
04-01-2019, 10:02 AM
Hi guys,

Not a regular AC player. Started with Origins, disliked it but was total hooked but Odyssey which is my new favorite RPG. Tried AC 3 remastered and boy, did I delete it with joy after some hours. Why?

Well on short, it's too scripted and story driven. eavesdropping is a ******ed and frustrating concept. Fighting with wolves is uber scripting. Press that key while in air????!!
WTF people? Who designed that ****? Awkward parkour, oh yes and now for the fanboys of old ac combat: kids combat: you basically spam counter and break counter and attack and...everything dies....that easy, no skill, no nothing.

Yes so it was a horrible experience, please Ubisoft do not return to that limiting awful game style.... Player should be free to attack anything in his own style, to explore, to choose, etc. not forced to pick only 1 way in everything.

DerHowl
04-01-2019, 12:37 PM
Get out.

UbiCosmos
04-02-2019, 02:29 AM
Hello aurelian86ubi,

First off, welcome to the forums! :) Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Odyssey and AC 3 are definitely very different from each other, and each have their own charm and personality. I understand if AC 3 Remastered isn't exactly your cup of tea. We all have our own personal tastes and opinions!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us as we continue to expand upon the future of the AC series!

WeeForce
04-02-2019, 12:13 PM
Obviously two totally different style of games. I had never played AC 3 before either. I gotta say while it is very different, I still enjoy the story and while the graphics are not even close to modern day games, it is still very nice environment.
I think though if compared to Odyssey which is not a fair comparison to begin with since AC3 is from 2012, the playability is limited because of the reasons you mention.

Fret
04-04-2019, 02:15 AM
Well, I guess I would be considered a "Fanboy" since Assassin's Creed 3 is one of my Favorite games of all time. (not just as an Assassins' Creed game, but of all games I've ever played)

Why? Because of the combat animations and the variety of ways one could fight / approach a combat situation.

The combat in older Assassin's Creed games was visceral. Meaning the animations you see in Combat are matched with the appropriate amount of damage, matched with an appropriate response. Like a sword actually behaves like a sword. Hit someone with it and they react appropriately, impale them with it, and they are dead. Period. Just like you would expect in real life.

Another Unique thing about older Assassins' Creed games was the control you had during combat. Here's an example: Start off with the long sword and kill guy A, go empty-handed and take guy B's weapon (a rifle) and use his own weapon against him, then use that same rifle to shoot guy C in the head, switch to rope-dart to pull guy D down to the ground and curb stomp him dead, then stand there over everyone's dead body looking around acting like, "who's next"; all in one fluid, powerful, visceral sequence.

That combination made those games very "
Immersive." And the best part of older Assassin's Creed games was that it was so unique. No other game shared that combat scheme, that level of flexibility.

Now, in level based RPG's, like Odysseys, Skyrim, etc.. If you are leveled too low, you can literally smash and slash someone with a sword all day long and it will do nothing to the enemy. You can even run a sword completely through someone, impale them, and they will just stand there like they just got bit by a mosquito. Then you find yourself rolling
around on the ground like a tumbleweed in a tornado trying to get better spacing because you just bashed a guy for the 10th time "WITH A SWORD" and he's still standing there like you just hit him 10 times with a child's plastic baseball bat. Then of coarse if you are leveled too high and you look like a Wizard, wielding a flaming Sword and shooting flaming Arrows like fireballs.

Sure, level based point deductions RPGs can be great fun; but they don't have that realistic feel like Assassin's Creed 3 did for example.

Now, many here love the new direction of Assassin's Creed because it is an RPG now. The problem with that: Assassin's Creed now competes with Elder Scrolls. And when the next Elders Scrolls comes out, who's going to play Assassin's Creed? What about the next God of War or Witcher? Good luck with that.

Assassin's Creed's combat scheme used to be unique; it was in it's own class. And it could have been so much more by now.

Instead, it is now a me too RPG. Good for now, bad when the next Elder Scrolls is released.

cs2maor
04-06-2019, 10:48 PM
funny enough
i have been a huge fan of the series since the very beginning ( ac1 was my first xbox360 game)
and actually both ac3 and ac odessy are two of my least favorite games in the series

just finished the remastered today and BOY it was a slog, missions are basically walk next to this charecters for a 5 minutes then maybe kill this guy

connor was unfortunatly a very weak charecter on his own merit and even more by comperhesion to ezio or bayek

combat was dull and repetetive

and honestly the colonial era and cities are just way less interesting then most other ac eras

now odessy was just a mess

combat was just swinging at annoying damege sponges ,

stealth was non existent since there are no 1 hit kills for stronger enemies ( even at your level ) so basically some enemy will eventaully start to fight you even if you have played perfect

story was a mess and did nothing to progress the overall story
and every objective boiled down to " go there, fight people

was basically a shallow witcher 3 clone

not trying to bring anyone down if you loved those games that's really cool

i just think its awesome even within the ac frenchise tastes are so diverse

Nucl3ar_Snake
04-06-2019, 11:18 PM
Iím team classic formula. Origins map was way too big in my opinion and I HATED having to level up to play through the story. I prefer the old combat mechanics too. On Origins I always avoided fights if I could help it. In AC3 Iíll just pick fights because I love the combat and animations.