PDA

View Full Version : [AC3 R] R2 button not working on ps4

Ronjonthobi742
03-31-2019, 09:43 PM
Has anyone had the issue at the opera house where when try to pick the lock it says press r2 and when you do nothing happens any ideas what to do

Dtheawesome9010
04-01-2019, 01:32 PM
no but I've had running issues I know I'm pressing the button on my controller but it jogs me instead of running then I tried it on another controller and it works fine which is weird since 2 other people mentioned they have this issue and their controller works fine i know my controller works but maybe it's the age on our controllers but who knows?

Ronjonthobi742
04-01-2019, 01:40 PM
I donít think sooo as the r2 button works with all my other games like red dead 2 where I use that button for movingly this around...and have no movement problems with any of my games..I am hoping itís just a bug and will get patched said it was going to a support forum for the to look at the issue hopefully it gets pTched or something would like to play the game

Dtheawesome9010
04-01-2019, 02:34 PM
I don’t think sooo as the r2 button works with all my other games like red dead 2 where I use that button for movingly this around...and have no movement problems with any of my games..I am hoping it’s just a bug and will get patched said it was going to a support forum for the to look at the issue hopefully it gets pTched or something would like to play the game

yeah but I have a 4 year old controller and a 2 year old give or take so yeah maybe thats a factor but yes I agree with you if this isnt our fault my button works on my other games but this 1 is weird for 1 of 2 controllers and that was the only variable I have changed which is all the data I have

Ubi-Swaggins
04-03-2019, 12:38 PM
Hey Ronjonthobi742,

Are you still having issues at the Opera House?

Ronjonthobi742
04-10-2019, 01:56 PM
Yes I am

Dtheawesome9010
04-10-2019, 02:20 PM
You still having issues running? Probably let's be honest here there hasn't been any updates

Ronjonthobi742
04-10-2019, 02:48 PM
I know thatís the most fustrating part it would be nice to get some sort of news about any progress is being made as at the moment the game is pretty much unplayable and itís been near 2 weeks since launch and no official news from the devs about what is happening

N7Eisbaer
04-10-2019, 04:11 PM
The beancounters are most likely still debating whether any more work put into this game is fiscally sound.

Dtheawesome9010
04-10-2019, 05:04 PM
You're right 2 weeks and no ETA that's why I made my thread on general section what is taking so long? How many bugs are they fixing? Are they testing something as we speak? We need answers I dont know computers very well

gonsnakexx
04-10-2019, 08:53 PM
Same problem. I am using a DS4 on pc and the R2 sensitivity is very low. I tried the original AC3 and is much more responsive. so the problem comes from the remaster. They have to do something hopefully

Ronjonthobi742
04-10-2019, 08:59 PM
From all these threads seems like a lot really dropped the ball on this....it did make me laugh I think it was a week after the game launched an article was put out saying the games that should be remastered next lol....would just be nice to get and insight into what going on....rather than our devs are gonna investigate the problem or itís been moved to the support thread for our support team to look out....just some sort of acknowledgement would be nice and as you said and eta on a patch as other wise I might as well just delete the game of my ps4...sooo I can put on a game that actually does work

Nucl3ar_Snake
04-10-2019, 10:17 PM
Right? I was so excited to play on PS4 but Iím definitely going back to my PS3 copy if all the issues arenít resolved (or even acknowledged for now)

Dtheawesome9010
04-10-2019, 10:31 PM
Agreed I suggest going to my ETA thread on general section if we have enough players support on that thread we could maybe get something out of them

jacky_wills
04-11-2019, 01:20 PM
Having the same issue with R2 bumper not working on lock pick at the opera house door. Closed the game and played 4 others that all require the use of the R2 bumper and no issue at all. And thereís no option in the settings of the game to change the controls to another button to see if the controller is faulty either. But a lot of people seem to be having this issue

Dtheawesome9010
04-11-2019, 01:24 PM
Having the same issue with R2 bumper not working on lock pick at the opera house door. Closed the game and played 4 others that all require the use of the R2 bumper and no issue at all. And there’s no option in the settings of the game to change the controls to another button to see if the controller is faulty either. But a lot of people seem to be having this issue

Yea man this proves just how little they tested it

jacky_wills
04-11-2019, 01:28 PM
Iíve had one of the ubi guys reply to me in another thread about this issue saying itís not a known issue can you try another controller and make sure you press the button all the way down...

Dtheawesome9010
04-11-2019, 01:59 PM
I’ve had one of the ubi guys reply to me in another thread about this issue saying it’s not a known issue can you try another controller and make sure you press the button all the way down...

Yea go look on the thread "Anyone else notice how you run?" here in community section theres more info there

Ubi-Keo
04-15-2019, 05:01 PM
This has been reported to the dev team, however they have been unable to reproduce this.

The R2 button has two actions, slightly pressing it makes your character jog, fully pressing it will make them sprint. For those who haven't already tried, please try another controller to rule out if its an issue with the controller. Can you also confirm the following:

. Can you confirm which PS4 Dual Shock controller you are using? (Original version with no light bar on touch pad) (New Pro version with light bar on touch pad)
. Do you have a PS4 or PS4 Pro?
. Do you have a digital or disc version of the game?

AnimusLover
04-15-2019, 09:34 PM
@ Ubi-Keo the issue that has been reported is that when people fully press R2 they cannot sprint so they literally have to push it HARD, harder than what is reasonable.
In other words the force with which one has to press R2 to sprint is way too taxing on the index finger.
There is a sensitivity imbalance.

Ronjonthobi742
04-16-2019, 12:06 AM
I have been playing the digital version with the light bar on the touchpad on a ps4 pro

Brownie5262
10-22-2019, 10:40 AM
Good to see this got resolved... decided to pick up a physical copy of the game and currently am having troubles with using R2, using the PS4 pro controller with the light bar. I'm currently on the Braddock Expedition mission and the horse wont gallop unless I put my index finger through the controller.