PDA

View Full Version : [AC3 R] R2 button doesn't work

Giangix86
03-31-2019, 02:06 PM
The R2 button does not work: i can't break the door lock in the Opera (first sequence) and i can't proceed to assassinate Haytham's target. Basically, i'm literally stuck. Hope this will be fixed soon

Dtheawesome9010
03-31-2019, 02:28 PM
When you said R2 button wasn't working I thought u were having trouble running lol. Lock picking in that game has always been bad

Giangix86
03-31-2019, 02:40 PM
When you said R2 button wasn't working I thought u were having trouble running lol. Lock picking in that game has always been bad

Yeah, characters run really slow too..

gimmepizzaslow
03-31-2019, 04:06 PM
I am having the same problem here. Canít complete certain missions like the river run mission because Connor doesnít run fast enough

Dtheawesome9010
03-31-2019, 06:53 PM
You guys hold the button tight right? Thats how I solved it but yea I agree with you guys on this if it wasn't our fault

Giangix86
03-31-2019, 08:34 PM
You guys hold the button tight right? Thats how I solved it but yea I agree with you guys on this if it wasn't our fault

Yes i did, but still nothing happened. I thought it could've been my controller, but the button worked on other games without any problem

Dtheawesome9010
03-31-2019, 08:44 PM
Yes i did, but still nothing happened. I thought it could've been my controller, but the button worked on other games without any problem

Yea I noticed as well today i tested again and it cleared up now I'm confused as hell if I did hold the button tight or not like legit I feel weird because of it Edit: yea it's the game i know full damn well I'm holding the button and to sprint I have to hold TIGHT on that button last thing I need is a friggin finger hurting or broken due to how tight i gotta hold it

Ronjonthobi742
03-31-2019, 09:36 PM
I have tried updating it says itsv1.01which I assume is the day one patch...I have downloaded it again and installed it but I get the same problem I can run and enter high profile but not break the lock at the opera I have replaced the contact and held the button down tapped the r2 any ideas what else to do

UbiCosmos
04-01-2019, 12:09 AM
Hey there everyone,

I'm going to move this to the Support forum, so our Support team can look into this more.

Ronjonthobi742
04-02-2019, 05:06 PM
Is there any more news about a fix for this because at the moment I still canít play the game and itís increadably I fustrating as this is one of my favourite ones in the franchise and was excited for it my controller does work its just very confusing because other games I have donít have this issue with the right 2 trigger is there any news about any updates coming for the game to help as I canít even get past this scene since the game launched

Dtheawesome9010
04-02-2019, 05:41 PM
Hey use my thread it was 1st made "Anyone else notice how you run?" I asked Cawa to add a link in my thread to these threads so all info is put into my thread.I didnt ask him to include links for this and the others since they were not mine to say just use my thread since it helps keep spam off as much as possible

jacky_wills
04-11-2019, 07:55 AM
The R2 button does not work: i can't break the door lock in the Opera (first sequence) and i can't proceed to assassinate Haytham's target. Basically, i'm literally stuck. Hope this will be fixed soon

Having the same issue, stuck at the door and canít open the lock when the R2 option comes up

gonsnakexx
04-11-2019, 10:43 AM
Same problem here. R2 works very bad and is very difficult to sprint. This does not happen in the original Ac3

Ubi-Keo
04-15-2019, 05:01 PM
This has been reported to the dev team, however they have been unable to reproduce this.

The R2 button has two actions, slightly pressing it makes your character jog, fully pressing it will make them sprint. For those who haven't already tried, please try another controller to rule out if its an issue with the controller. Can you also confirm the following:

. Can you confirm which PS4 Dual Shock controller you are using? (Original version with no light bar on touch pad) (New Pro version with light bar on touch pad)
. Do you have a PS4 or PS4 Pro?
. Do you have a digital or disc version of the game?

Dtheawesome9010
04-15-2019, 05:40 PM
All info that we have is on my thread called "Anyone else notice how you run?" please check there for more info. Jesus that sounded so scripted dammit I'm turning into a script lol

KMAN3181999
10-29-2019, 02:55 PM
Yea I noticed as well today i tested again and it cleared up now I'm confused as hell if I did hold the button tight or not like legit I feel weird because of it Edit: yea it's the game i know full damn well I'm holding the button and to sprint I have to hold TIGHT on that button last thing I need is a friggin finger hurting or broken due to how tight i gotta hold it

YES ur right ****in holding it does nothing but as soon as it just gave it a hard press it worked so buggy was stuck here for 10 minutes havenít even played the actual game yet

deggsym61
01-01-2020, 10:09 PM
Omg I canít even get 10 mins into the game ,Stuck on the 1st Sequence in the theatre lock picking the door r2 button on PS4 will not work . This was reported when the game first came out 8 years ago , so why on earth wasnít this issue of lock picking sorted out .
Plenty of people are having the same issue why don't you sort this crap out am fuming I canít play the game .
Even Xbox players are having the same lock picking problem ,so itís a glitch in the game fix the damn thing out please

Mionvee
01-01-2020, 10:29 PM
Omg I canít even get 10 mins into the game ,Stuck on the 1st Sequence in the theatre lock picking the door r2 button on PS4 will not work . This was reported when the game first came out 8 years ago , so why on earth wasnít this issue of lock picking sorted out .
Plenty of people are having the same issue why don't you sort this crap out am fuming I canít play the game .
Even Xbox players are having the same lock picking problem ,so itís a glitch in the game fix the damn thing out please

Game itís literally unplayable...thanks for nothing Ubisoft..