PDA

View Full Version : Write special characters in search / Replay : free camera impossible

MrEchoDreams
03-31-2019, 01:12 PM
Hi,

Couldn't find if following problems had already been reported, so I'm creating this topic. Sorry if they'd already been, couldn't manage to find them if so.

1. Writing special characters in search
Having a French keyboard (French - France), when searching a track in the Track Central, it's only possible to write with keyboard (shouldn't you be able to write with your controller as on Xbox and so on ?) and special characters such as [ or ] don't match my keyboard characters. For example, to write an [ in the game, I have to use the key with )] on my keyboard. Doesn't fit to my keyboard so.

Suppose the game doesn't detect my keyboard as a French one but as an English one ?

2. Replay : free camera impossible
When replaying a track, the free camera is impossible to move with my Xbox360 controller. There's absolutely no command that's working to move the camera.
With the mouse, you can only zoom out and in and move the angle of the camera. It's impossible to navigate with the arrow keys for example, making the free camera useless.

Hope they'll fix these bugs soon.

Thanks !

(Playing Trials Rising on Uplay. Windows 10, desktop, Xbox360 controller with cable)

Ubi-Wusky
04-03-2019, 11:07 PM
Hiya MrEchoDreams, sorry about the delay in getting back to you!

Do you have any video footage of the 2nd issue, as it allows us to understand a bit more about the issue itself if possible :)

As for the keyboard, while using a controller in the PC version of the game is supported for the gameplay side I imagine the game would default to the normal PC controls during the menus (such as keyboard input etc) but I understand that while you may use a PC, a console controller may be the preferred method of play, I can forward this as feedback to the dev team though!

MrEchoDreams
04-03-2019, 11:19 PM
Hi,

No problem for the delay. Seems like the dev team has a lot of work for the launch of the game, so I totally understand if there's some delay to answer to players and fix the bugs.

Main problem about the keyboard is that mine isn't detected as a French one, so that'd be fine to be fixed. Being able to write with the controller would be fine, but shouldn't be a priority in my opinion.

As for the free camera, I'll try to record the problem tomorrow or Friday, with some explanation during the recording. Will probably be easier, to understand which buttons I'm trying to use and so on.

Thanks for the help ! Hope these few problems will be fixed at some point, because I totally love Trials Rising !

MrEchoDreams
04-04-2019, 08:21 PM
Here's a video showing the problem with the free camera and some audio commentary, to understand which commands don't work and which do :

https://youtu.be/2zynAE1XDN0