PDA

View Full Version : Missing Chests - Boston?

JohnMarston4339
03-31-2019, 09:26 AM
I have a question.

Were some of the chests DELETED from the game?

Whenever I go to get some of the chest in the SAME places they were in original Assassin's Creed III, they are NOT there.

Like they are literally MISSING FROM THE WORLD, even though I'm 100% sure I'm in the exact same spot because I'm looking at map/screen shots from AC3 original.

This is preventing me from getting 100% COMPLETION.

I'll try un and re-installing, but please tell me if 100% completion is impossible now, as that would save me a lot of time.

Thanks. A reply ASAP would be appreciated.

Anykeyer
03-31-2019, 09:38 PM
What sequence are you in?
Im still in 5 and 8 chests is Boston are missing. I was thinking they would appear later, even tho in original every chest was available since seq 5, and 4 of them lootable as Haytham since seq 2.

joshuakooy2011
04-02-2019, 04:43 PM
I am also missing some chests in Boston and in new York, does anyone have a fix for this?

Ubi-Swaggins
04-03-2019, 02:48 PM
Hey folks,

Does anyone have any images of the locations for the specific missing chests?

JCar4327
04-08-2019, 09:36 AM
Hey folks,

Does anyone have any images of the locations for the specific missing chests?

I don't know how to post photos to the forum. I know how to get the screenshots on to my computer, but not into a forum post. As far as locations I have discovered missing chests; both chests in North Boston are missing. A single chest in central Boston, the location is on the east side of the map between the fort on that side of the map and the shoreline; there is a thick stone wall and the chest is in a small alcove. There are two chest in South Boston, one is the farthest chest to the south, which is beneath the area where you kill Silas as Haythem. I have not figured out which of the other three south chests is the missing one.

JCar4327
04-09-2019, 07:02 PM
So I restarted and while playing as Haythem none of the chests that should spawn during that time spawned, I cleared the entire map and there was not a single chest. The only collectibles I noticed were almanac pages. I believe the chests that are missing after becoming Connor are the same chests that you should be able to pick up as Haythem.

Anykeyer
04-10-2019, 07:13 AM
Its a feature. not a bug. And useless change that no one asked for. You'll now have to progress through main story to unlock additional chests.

JCar4327
04-10-2019, 09:59 AM
Its a feature. not a bug. And useless change that no one asked for. You'll now have to progress through main story to unlock additional chests.

You would think that support would know that and advised us of this from the first post. I had a feeling that was what happened. I was about to stop playing because of this. Don't want to waste time trying to get 100% if it can't be done. Thanks for the heads up.