PDA

View Full Version : the division 2 where to you buy your special ammo

Yankee_LT
03-31-2019, 09:25 AM
I have looked all over the place on how or where to purchase your "Special" Ammo for your Signature weapon and found nothing except going back to the base load up another weapon and then go back to the original and bob's your uncle. Is that the only way to restock that type of ammo??

Thank You.

teksuo1
03-31-2019, 09:31 AM
they drop randomly but you can help the rng.

sharpshooters need headhsot kills
demolitionists need eplosive kills
survivalists need status effect kills

and then there's a perk in your tree to allow the whole team to maybe get ammo when you get a kill with your signature weapon.

you can't "buy" them.

when you join another person's group or relog you lose em too.

Sylar2jz
03-31-2019, 11:36 AM
They really didn't think this process through very carefully. Sharpshooter is practically swimming in ammo. I'm leaving it where it drops because I can't carry any more. Demo is a fairly steady supply, but not excessive. Survival (the spec I'd like to be able to play) ammo for the crossbow is so rare I'm scared to ever use my crossbow. I got some gloves with Kneecapper, and that helps, but it's not enough.

This special ammo process needs an overhaul bad. A flat % to drop would be good. Or from specific sources, such as activity awards or from control point chests.

John_Wick117
03-31-2019, 11:39 AM
not had any issue getting ammo for any of the specs and survivalist use the incendiary grenade and drop enemies when they are effected by that and boom ammo.

Yankee_LT
03-31-2019, 06:28 PM
My biggest question here is why do we need that ammo to drop, to begin with. I restock my weapon's ammo at a cache why should it be different with this new ammo?? I knew buying this game in its first year was a mistake. It's following the same formula as Div. 1 had. No one learned from their mistakes. Go figure.

Ground-Hugg2018
03-31-2019, 06:37 PM
Massive made D1, Massive made D2. What made you think it would have better mechanics? In ways it's better but in other ways I believe it is worse. Worse we can't access buildings like in D2. Better as far as decent guns and equipment dropping. Of course there are a lot of other things that need improving but I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to happen. I think other then minor fixes needed the game is working just as Massive intended.