PDA

View Full Version : Left Button Function revealed?

HorTyS
07-18-2007, 05:39 PM
well, we all know the majority of the controls, but the left and right buttons (or L1/ R1 if your on playstation) have remained a mystery. (or i'm a little slow and missed when their functions were discovered) anyways, i think i found out what the left button does. i noticed it in the new e3 presentation videos. at about 1:37 in this video (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21762.html) it says "LB for action view" right under the health/ confidence bar. just something i noticed & thought i'd share, sorry if this is old news, be gentle...

chewie1890
07-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Nice catch! I hadn't seen that but it definitely makes sense.

Do you guys remember when they were talking about going through the game and there would be parts where if you pressed a button you might get a special view of the area, or see something you wouldn't normally see? That could be what this 'action view' is.

Wanted_David
07-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Hum... Since we don't really know if the person that was playing the demo really pressed LB, we might just throw some guesses around and see the one that would be the most appropriate one.
My guess is LB does that "looking down over the edge" camera angle that happens right after the situation hortys_99 mentioned, but it's just a guess http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif.

bosnianguy
07-18-2007, 06:30 PM
That is a good idea. I hadnt thought of that one, but the looking over the edge could also be where you just use the right analog stick (on a playstation) to look around.

Mulle_DK13
07-18-2007, 06:31 PM
LB = Left button on the directional pad, maybe. I don't know.

KnightTemplar45
07-18-2007, 06:33 PM
I noticed the action view thing too. I thought it was just a different camera angle or something. Like after it appears Altair looks over the ledge of the building to see the body of the guard on the floor and the other guards surrounding it. Who knows what it does.

bosnianguy
07-18-2007, 06:37 PM
After watching the video a couple more times, i am pretty sure that it is the thing that caused him to look at the fallen body. It is because when it sayd to press the button their is a white flash and he looks down.

Lordgrunty11
07-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by bosnianguy:
After watching the video a couple more times, i am pretty sure that it is the thing that caused him to look at the fallen body. It is because when it sayd to press the button their is a white flash and he looks down.
if you go to 1:18 then he does than look over the edge again and there is no LB notification.

And I thought that "Eagle Vision" was the action for different camera angles and I think that thing for the intuition is some word that starts with an s (if you go to 8:29 in this video (http://www.gamespot.com/video/930278/6174521/assassins-creed-stage-demo-1) it says it for the Y button) So does anyone know, cuz I'm confused now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

AngryMob
07-19-2007, 02:15 AM
i see it again in this (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21972.html) at 2:30 all the way until he assassinates him. maybe all it does is give you a cooler view of whats happening. like when he pushes the guard off maybe the camera will follow him down or something. after all it does say action view not boring view..

as for the white flash i doubt that was a result of him pressing LB, because i've seen it before whithout the action view appearing. also right after the flash it gives the "reinitializing" message on the left of the screen.
i think it's the pickpocket video that shows the flash and everything really well as altair gets up from the bench.

lastly the eagle vision if you have watched the new interview about futuristic elements and abilities or somethin jade says that is altairs assassin vision that lets him see people of interest like guards or civilians to keep away from more clearly and she might have said it points out places too but i dont remember.

EDIT: i just checked some stuff in the long stage demo from gamespot at 8:29 like lordgrunty said the y highlights and it says synchronize(sp?) not eagle vision so the map update thing doesnt have anything to do with eagle vision its synchronize instead?

also i noticed when jade is talkin about the knives at 8:06 you have to select your shortsword to throw it is what it looks like so the number should be how many you have left 10 in this case except they are infinite in the demo. i was wondering if you run out than no more shortsword or do you always have at least one.

Kinkoman1337
07-19-2007, 02:20 AM
Nice hopefully we figure out soon

HorTyS
07-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Angrymob:
i see it again in this (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21972.html) at 2:30 all the way until he assassinates him. maybe all it does is give you a cooler view of whats happening. like when he pushes the guard off maybe the camera will follow him down or something. after all it does say action view not boring view..

as for the white flash i doubt that was a result of him pressing LB, because i've seen it before whithout the action view appearing. also right after the flash it gives the "reinitializing" message on the left of the screen.
i think it's the pickpocket video that shows the flash and everything really well as altair gets up from the bench.

lastly the eagle vision if you have watched the new interview about futuristic elements and abilities or somethin jade says that is altairs assassin vision that lets him see people of interest like guards or civilians to keep away from more clearly and she might have said it points out places too but i dont remember.

EDIT: i just checked some stuff in the long stage demo from gamespot at 8:29 like lordgrunty said the y highlights and it says synchronize(sp?) not eagle vision so the map update thing doesnt have anything to do with eagle vision its synchronize instead?

also i noticed when jade is talkin about the knives at 8:06 you have to select your shortsword to throw it is what it looks like so the number should be how many you have left 10 in this case except they are infinite in the demo. i was wondering if you run out than no more shortsword or do you always have at least one.

yeah, i think 'eagle vision' is just to see/ spot enemies in the crowds and such, and to 'synchronize' is when like Jade said when you climb up onto a high building then it will update your mini map with signifigant locations & such...

but i don't think the LB = Action View is just looking over the edge of the building, i think thats just when you slowly approach the edge and move the camera, i think the action view will show a cinematic view of specific actions, which is why it only appears in certain instances....(& not everytime he approaches an edge)

KnightTemplar45
07-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Yea there's something like that in the 20 minute demo for gametrailers. He knocks down a guard as he runs by and then it goes into slo-mo and the camera swings around to see the guard falling to the ground. I didn't notice the action button prompt appear but who knows.

AngryMob
07-19-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by KnightTemplar45:
Yea there's something like that in the 20 minute demo for gametrailers. He knocks down a guard as he runs by and then it goes into slo-mo and the camera swings around to see the guard falling to the ground. I didn't notice the action button prompt appear but who knows.

if you have ever played need for speed: most wanted i think that the slo-mo and such was like catching a cops attention in that game its just a more direct way to tell you that the guards are now aware that you are their target

StealthShottz
07-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Hmm, are you sure he was playing on playstation? On 360 there is an LB button as well. Either way they probably both do the same thing which is probably looking over the edge. BTW why would we need a button to look over the edge when we can just angle the camera to look down?

AngryMob
07-20-2007, 12:09 AM
we already established its not to make you look over the edge otherwise it probably wouldnt be labeled action view anyway...

happypandaface
07-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Omg, I know exactly what LB does, I've seen him use it before.
LB is left bumper for the 360
It appears after you have done something to a Character, when you press it the game slows down and you can look and see what is happening to them.
He uses in the last part (pt. 3) of this demo. But its hard to see what happened, and you can tell is that the game slowed down.

a-secret-threat
07-20-2007, 03:19 PM
y does everyone call it the left/right button.. it deosnt say that anywhere.. everywhere i look (manuals, in-game controler setup etc.) all say left/right bumper.. ytf is it called a bumper..

bowchickawahwah