PDA

View Full Version : Unviable weapons and extended magazines

suitbody
03-30-2019, 04:15 PM
The first point I'm going to make is that ARs that don't have extended magazines and LMGs with lower round counts have significantly disadvantaged usefulness.

This is a very solid rule determination that I doubt anyone will dispute. Magazine size is by far the most important mod on weapons. LMGs that have 100 rounds are favored drastically over those with 50 rounds, regardless of RPM.

It doesn't have to stay this way. A little weapon mod balance could go a long way. Everyone gushes non-stop about TD2 being more than considerate to a variety of playstyles. Opening up more options for weapon mods keeps this alive.

I have yet to take .762 ARs beyond the firing range because I don't have the extended clip. Its a shame, because maybe I would consider pairing my 72 round 5.56 WITH my 30 round .762 for alternate talents/RPMs/optimal ranges if I felt like my 30 rounder wasn't entirely outclassed.

On a side note - the Survivalist Infantry AR mag is a cruel joke. Its bad even among bad weapon mods. A flat optimal range buff of 20% would be a fair replacement

Solution - readjust base weapons and buff the magazine mods that don't increase magazine size.

Other unviable weapons
Paratrooper SVD. A marksman rifle that does 20% of the damage of other marksman rifles
Rifles (single shot) that have much lower damage in exchange for RPM when its disadvantageous, if not impossible to fire rounds accurately in such rapid succession. (LVOA-C isn't the fastest one, but its damage is still much lower than other rifles)

SKurj67
03-30-2019, 04:23 PM
There is an extended mag for 762, its a BP that can drop from lvl 3 CP's i think...

Ground-Hugg2018
03-30-2019, 04:26 PM
I wish I could have an MG42!

Nazwyn
03-30-2019, 04:32 PM
I wish I could have an MG42!

Me too. :)

TG24915193
03-30-2019, 04:51 PM
I have no problem with real world size magazines. Learn ammo discpline and aim your shots instead of playing spray and pray,

Boon-Dock_Saint
03-30-2019, 04:56 PM
https://images.baklol.com/12-Best-Skeptical-Third-World-Kid-M428809491515144674.jpg

...not every single weapon in the game is as good as every other?

Freudian-Slips
03-30-2019, 05:02 PM
There are extended mags for

5.56 AR's utpo 60 rounds plus a perk that takes them to 72 rounds
7.62 AR's same as above
LMG's that takes your mag upto 175 rounds
SMG's 9mm and ACP 45 have extended mags
There are extended mags for pistols/sidearms

As for the rifle class the MK17 and Sig716 and 716 CQB are really good with a decent ROF and are very accurate both can 2 tap a red mop to the body and one tap for the most part to the head.

As for mods that don't increase mag size most are usable for what they are needed for.

Nennee
03-30-2019, 05:40 PM

7.62 AR's same as above

As for the rifle class the MK17 and Sig716 and 716 CQB are really good with a decent ROF and are very accurate both can 2 tap a red mop to the body and one tap for the most part to the head.

As for mods that don't increase mag size most are usable for what they are needed for.

Can you maybe put some links down to where to find this mags please.
I would love to have the extended mag for LMG.

I 2phast I
03-30-2019, 06:40 PM
I believe the OP is referring to weapons that don't have the option of adding a extended magazine (e.g. Famas & MP7). In the Beta the MP7 had only a base magazine size of 20 rounds, totally useless. At least the dev's recognized this as too small and increased the base magazine size to 40 or 48 if you run with the +20% magazine size talent. No joy for the FAMA's though.

Freudian-Slips
03-30-2019, 07:03 PM

The LMG mag i think i got from a level 3 checkpoint(its a blue print )

X-RYZEN-X
03-30-2019, 07:14 PM
I personally do not use the Extended mags for AR's or for the Ak's as i think they just look rediculas and make the gun look rediculas and ive never had much issue taking either model of weapon out into the field and killing stuff with them dispite thier 30Rnd mag sizes.

LubzinNJ
03-30-2019, 07:49 PM
There is an extended mag for 762, its a BP that can drop from lvl 3 CP's i think...

Yup. And guess what...you have to work to get it. Guess OP doesn't want to work to earn his rewards just wants it given to him..

Kwoung
03-30-2019, 07:56 PM
Yup. And guess what...you have to work to get it. Guess OP doesn't want to work to earn his rewards just wants it given to him..

Actually, it sounded more like he didn't know it existed. I agree with him though, that out of every class of weapon there are great ones, okay ones and the ones no one will ever use.

Initialdoa
03-30-2019, 11:00 PM
I have been exploring this forum only a couple days but still a little surprised at the nasty undertone that has become standard. The ingame community is quite nice outside of central chat. Its all good as long as we are communicating effectively and not going off into random personal attacks. ;)

I know there is an extended ma for .762 and I'm working on getting it. I explained myself poorly, but the whole problem is the fact that I shouldn't have to have that magazine if the other magazine mods were remotely competitive with it.

I have no problem with real world size magazines. Learn ammo discpline and aim your shots instead of playing spray and pray,
Hahaha. I suppose when you expert video game gun man sir unload the 30th round into a named elite's head while you're blindfolded and aroused by your own proficiency, that the enemy drops dead regardless of the fact that typical DPS would require hundreds of shots. /SARCASM

I personally do not use the Extended mags for AR's or for the Ak's as i think they just look rediculas and make the gun look rediculas and ive never had much issue taking either model of weapon out into the field and killing stuff with them dispite thier 30Rnd mag sizes.
What's "rediculas" is a mod giving {for example}15% stability is supposed to be competitive with having to reload half as often, effectively multiplying potential dps and saving the player's life on many occasion.

I'm waiting for someone to tell me that the LMGs with 45 rounds are superior to the ones with 100 rounds.

I don't know why the only sensible reply disappeard (Sensible-Jack). Yet you are hard pressed to convince me you are taking a small optimal range buff versus doubling your magazine size. This is my problem. We NEED decent options besides doubling magazine size. Every other mod slot is a hard choice what to place, and many times the best choice is nothing at all. I'm pointing out a gaping hole of balance in an otherwise magnificent system that encourages players to play their own way.

suitbody
04-05-2019, 11:23 AM
If it looks like I'm ressurecting this is because I sort of am.

I could plainly see this whole system was unfun and needed fixing. I didn't let a few heavy forum posters tell me otherwise. Call me insane because I see a broken system, huh? Thank the devs for picking up on valid critiques and not hive mind.

John_Wick117
04-05-2019, 11:25 AM
Got the 7.62 mag yesterday and it is a nice added amount of bullets to the mk17 so i end up with 50 in the magazine.

However i am also not a fan of how much better it is then all other rifles there is no other choice atm then mk17 and the variants of it police military and i think tactical.

suitbody
04-05-2019, 11:44 AM
I didn't realize the fuss about the mk17 until 2 hours before the server went down. I then saw some old notes and loadouts and noticed every rifle build I've had was a variant of it.

I hope they learned what makes a bolt action good was a simple formula. (Steady shots or rapid fire viable, heavy/moderate damage) Rifles that are near the formula will have to have situational trade offs (Slower, and weaker, but 3 shots per trigger)

Lens00140
04-05-2019, 12:11 PM

Where did you get this quote from as I cannot find where the original was

Originally Posted by Sensible-Jack

7.62 AR's same as above

Has anyone got the 175 clip for the LMG cause I cannot find any info in game or online about it :confused:

Any info would be much appreciated cause I love the LMG and have one with 120 rounds and 175 would be awesome!

BaronO1
04-05-2019, 12:14 PM
I'm a big fan of FAMAS. It's burst damage is amazing, it is very stable and accurate weapon. It has higher skill ceiling than other slower RPM ARs as you need to be very careful with your aim. If you miss your brst, you might waste too much ammo to kill NPC before reloading. FAMAS suffers in sustained DPS at challenging difficulty. Sharpshooter specialization makes FAMAS more viable due to increase in reload speed. It is still only minor remedy for missing the magazine slot.

Lens00140
04-05-2019, 12:59 PM
Well the F2000 with extended clip, my most prized weapon seems to have had it's knob chopped off and gone from a 72 to a 48 in size, nice work, really great stuff right there!

sgtnogo
04-05-2019, 01:16 PM
Agreed, the MG5 has great ROF, slow reload, and only 50 rounds. If you make the reload faster, you lose 15rounds. Or did, I won't see the weapon mod changes until tonight after work. Sounds like they still made them useless based on other comments.

Diedel443
04-05-2019, 01:35 PM
Agreed, the MG5 has great ROF, slow reload, and only 50 rounds. If you make the reload faster, you lose 15rounds. Or did, I won't see the weapon mod changes until tonight after work. Sounds like they still made them useless based on other comments.

I hope we get the notes soon, this patch seems like a giant mess.

I am also not really sure if i consider the MG5 buffed. A regular MG5 has 10% more dps than a military M60 E4, but it still has 5.5 sec reload for 50 rounds.

sgtnogo
04-05-2019, 01:38 PM
The change fixed big belt LMGs but hurt ARs. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

IKAIYOO
04-05-2019, 02:20 PM
The first point I'm going to make is that ARs that don't have extended magazines and LMGs with lower round counts have significantly disadvantaged usefulness.

This is a very solid rule determination that I doubt anyone will dispute. Magazine size is by far the most important mod on weapons. LMGs that have 100 rounds are favored drastically over those with 50 rounds, regardless of RPM.

It doesn't have to stay this way. A little weapon mod balance could go a long way. Everyone gushes non-stop about TD2 being more than considerate to a variety of playstyles. Opening up more options for weapon mods keeps this alive.

I have yet to take .762 ARs beyond the firing range because I don't have the extended clip. Its a shame, because maybe I would consider pairing my 72 round 5.56 WITH my 30 round .762 for alternate talents/RPMs/optimal ranges if I felt like my 30 rounder wasn't entirely outclassed.

Well do I have some good news. they took your post in account and lowered the amount of rounds you can have in your AR and removed any penalties to the LMG. So you can pack that god roll P416 away next to your god roll FAL and they will keep each other company.

sgtnogo
04-05-2019, 02:26 PM
I hope we get the notes soon, this patch seems like a giant mess.

I am also not really sure if i consider the MG5 buffed. A regular MG5 has 10% more dps than a military M60 E4, but it still has 5.5 sec reload for 50 rounds.

Yeah that's what I was saying, the MG5 was always going to be hadincapped by a faster ROF, with smaller mag, and no extended mag. They really only helped the M60 and M249.

NORgrunt
04-05-2019, 02:32 PM
Im done with the game, this is just a sign on how they will handle the rest of the year. Weapon mods do nothing now with the new patch, before they were at least unique. Not to mention the gear sets which to me just seems like a quick afterthought and not even close to being "end game" gear like it was in Div1.
They nerfed weapons that didnt even need one, chem launcher was a unique tool to get enemies out of cover but its now useless because of the lack of radius. To me everything is getting more and more spongy as well to prolong gametime i guess since because of the gear nerfs my damage almost went back to WT3.

aaronf44
04-05-2019, 02:33 PM
Zero reason to run AR anymore, the extended mag has now been completely gimped. LMG all the way.

Diedel443
04-05-2019, 03:59 PM
Yeah that's what I was saying, the MG5 was always going to be hadincapped by a faster ROF, with smaller mag, and no extended mag. They really only helped the M60 and M249.

They in general need to figure something out with the high ROF weapons. They have about the same DPS, which is fine, but only do half damage per shot (for a simple thing like 500 to 1000 ROF). The problem is that you just halved the potential damage of the ammo you can carry. I was running a L86 with the 35% ROF on reload from empty, man does that thing suck ammo away.

sgtnogo
04-05-2019, 04:25 PM
They in general need to figure something out with the high ROF weapons. They have about the same DPS, which is fine, but only do half damage per shot (for a simple thing like 500 to 1000 ROF). The problem is that you just halved the potential damage of the ammo you can carry. I was running a L86 with the 35% ROF on reload from empty, man does that thing suck ammo away.

I won't run L86, an LMG with a 30 round mag is just crazy in a RPG/Looter Shooter. I wouldn't run it in Div 1 either. It just wasn't worth it. But at least the reload time is way shorter than the MG5.