PDA

View Full Version : Division 2 SOLO: True way to play

Proffesional
03-30-2019, 12:07 AM
As someone who has over 70 hours into the game and just reached TIER 4 I have to say I never enjoyed a solo game more than I am Division 2.
The game is so much more rewarding, challenging, much longer and a lot more of a grind solo than it ever can be for duo, a friend, a clan, or random pubing.

I feel a little bit mad and sad for anyone who does activities or missions in a group when they were clearly designed with a solo elite player in mind.
Reasons for why I feel this way are below:

1) You get better at a game playing solo - When playing on a team you get carried away by chatting about random things, losing focus by distractions, rushing ahead feeling invincible due to the numerical advantage, relying on partners to know the map and where to go, relying on team to focus fire, relying on team for ressing, relying on team for kyting.

As you can see a solo player has to deal with a lot more at any given moment in any given activity in The Division 2. There is simply no excuse to play team unless you are casually playing a level you already completed SOLO. Unless you can finish the game and hardest content SOLO you will never be considered good or recognized by anyone as someone to party with.

2) Takes way longer to gear up solo - - Without a clan to get weekly rewards from, without people helping you clear hard missions or events, without people dropping unwanted gear they dont need for you, without people helping boost your levels, without people helping boost your specialization points, without any guidance of where to go or how to complete a mission it is way way longer to gear up than if you were teaming with a group.

Solo players have to grind for gear and hope to get good loot over time, doing everything by your self is way harder and thus longer. You dont have the option to rely on others for help or for gear, that my friends is the true nature of this game. There is simply no way to cheat the system other than to spend hours and hours looking for gear, no wonder this game was designed for 70+ hours to get to WT4 if you want to do everything by your self.

I have absolute respect for anyone who plays SOLO and have no respect for people who decide to group.

3) There is nothing like a solo experience in the DZ - If you truly want t experience this game at its finest, solo game play is the way to go. To be able to be confident and skilled enough to venture into DZ farm there and learn to not only dodge but eliminate and suppress rogue teams of 2-4 people that is the way legends are made in the division 2.

Nothing speaks louder than individual achievements, never team achievements. It takes a particular player to be able to solo the dz, solo fight pvp, solo content without any aid in pvp or pve. I cant begin to tell you how amazing it is to be a solo player.

--------------

I feel sorry for anyone who has a clan full of people to play with, 450+ gear score, got all the exotic components, all exotics, all the hunters etc when the people who are playing SOLO just got to WT4 after 70 hours in because they are playing the game the right way, grinding, fighting for every piece, struggling to learn everything alone.

That is the reality and that is the pride of the SOLO WOLF!

Gamer5170
03-30-2019, 12:23 AM
I do agree with what you said about it making you a better player at it - since you're the only one they're shooting at, you have to learn how to counter and move. If in a group, they may not always be shooting at you, making themselves a distraction and opening you up for an easy opportunity to kill them.

I've learned loads from playing solo. And I think I'm better for it. Will consider group play in the future though, something tells me it's about to get super impossible without.

Oh, and I'd also like to add another benefit playing solo: You can move at your own pace. Take it all in. Look around. Might even find a loot box rather than trying to catch up to a group. :)

Ground-Hugg2018
03-30-2019, 12:24 AM
Actually I find gearing up faster solo then in groups, the game is easier in solo than with group.

D-Y-N-4-M-O
03-30-2019, 12:26 AM
As someone who has over 70 hours into the game and just reached TIER 4 I have to say I never enjoyed a solo game more than I am Division 2.
The game is so much more rewarding, challenging, much longer and a lot more of a grind solo than it ever can be for duo, a friend, a clan, or random pubing.

I feel a little bit mad and sad for anyone who does activities or missions in a group when they were clearly designed with a solo elite player in mind.
Reasons for why I feel this way are below:

1) You get better at a game playing solo - When playing on a team you get carried away by chatting about random things, losing focus by distractions, rushing ahead feeling invincible due to the numerical advantage, relying on partners to know the map and where to go, relying on team to focus fire, relying on team for ressing, relying on team for kyting.

As you can see a solo player has to deal with a lot more at any given moment in any given activity in The Division 2. There is simply no excuse to play team unless you are casually playing a level you already completed SOLO. Unless you can finish the game and hardest content SOLO you will never be considered good or recognized by anyone as someone to party with.

2) Takes way longer to gear up solo - - Without a clan to get weekly rewards from, without people helping you clear hard missions or events, without people dropping unwanted gear they dont need for you, without people helping boost your levels, without people helping boost your specialization points, without any guidance of where to go or how to complete a mission it is way way longer to gear up than if you were teaming with a group.

Solo players have to grind for gear and hope to get good loot over time, doing everything by your self is way harder and thus longer. You dont have the option to rely on others for help or for gear, that my friends is the true nature of this game. There is simply no way to cheat the system other than to spend hours and hours looking for gear, no wonder this game was designed for 70+ hours to get to WT4 if you want to do everything by your self.

I have absolute respect for anyone who plays SOLO and have no respect for people who decide to group.

3) There is nothing like a solo experience in the DZ - If you truly want t experience this game at its finest, solo game play is the way to go. To be able to be confident and skilled enough to venture into DZ farm there and learn to not only dodge but eliminate and suppress rogue teams of 2-4 people that is the way legends are made in the division 2.

Nothing speaks louder than individual achievements, never team achievements. It takes a particular player to be able to solo the dz, solo fight pvp, solo content without any aid in pvp or pve. I cant begin to tell you how amazing it is to be a solo player.

--------------

I feel sorry for anyone who has a clan full of people to play with, 450+ gear score, got all the exotic components, all exotics, all the hunters etc when the people who are playing SOLO just got to WT4 after 70 hours in because they are playing the game the right way, grinding, fighting for every piece, struggling to learn everything alone.

That is the reality and that is the pride of the SOLO WOLF!

Good post but the bolded part is a bit harsh. I'm pretty sure us solo's will need to group for the raids don't forget. It's coming whether it's your preference or not.

Jerzykid21
03-31-2019, 09:25 PM
I agree playing solo is amazing, this is really the only game I ever played solo and never had a problem with it I find it more fun solo makes it feel more engaging in the actually environment like a survival game.

Anubis-Solitus
03-31-2019, 09:32 PM
I've enjoyed the game a lot and did solo all the way to T4. They really should have achievements for solo accomplishments, not always easy, takes time but worth it when succeeded.

JohnWickHitman8
03-31-2019, 09:45 PM
I'm currently solo'ing my way up. Just turned 23....Now if the skills would just quit acting up, not working, or the, be fighting a territory control point and a 'card" boss spawns on my *** killing me....I'd be happy.....

Ubi-RealDude
03-31-2019, 11:31 PM
What has been the easiest and hardest piece of content to play solo? To anyone who has played in a group, myself included, same question - easiest and hardest?

Sparhawk122
03-31-2019, 11:33 PM
Actually I find gearing up faster solo then in groups, the game is easier in solo than with group.

?

It's the opposite. Much easier in a group now. Group play in all games is easier then solo.

pharmakotriftis
04-01-2019, 12:02 AM
What has been the easiest and hardest piece of content to play solo? To anyone who has played in a group, myself included, same question - easiest and hardest?
I don't know about easiest, most normal activities look equal in terms of challenge.
The hardest solo activity that i have played has been a bounty on challenge difficulty level. I actually couldn't beat this one by myself and was forced to send a call for help. A fellow agend answered and together we did it. (It was a pair of bosses in a basement area, dont remember their names)

D-Y-N-4-M-O
04-01-2019, 12:28 AM

The bounty for the Roosevelt Platoon trio (Heroic) - Sgt Sowell and his cronies. OMG! Rage quit a few times trying to kill that freak of nature!

Level 4 control points are a picnic in the park compared with those 3.

The easiest mission has to be the G. Phillips protocol. I was kind of expecting a blood bath.

tcarlisle2012
04-01-2019, 12:57 AM
I agree with your points. When I watch videos of co-op play of missions I've done, which I guess now that would be all of them,I see lots of errors being made. You just can't make errors playing solo. The game seems way too hard at first, but if you resist the temptation to throw in the towel, it will make you a better gamer. Then, you won't feel it is too hard anymore. It really is that simple.

Disneyadventure
04-01-2019, 01:05 AM

Since he hasn't experienced WT4 yet he will find that things like control points are ten times easier solo than in a group.

lol

This thread is funny.

The OP's problem though is that he hasn't learned how to play as a group which means when raiding starts his performance will be so poor and getting the raid wiped that he will probably get booted from every raid group he joins.