PDA

View Full Version : Grind

A.I.Hack
03-29-2019, 10:16 PM
At what point do people say that a grind is too much?

Merphee
03-29-2019, 10:20 PM
I say it when there is a bottleneck implemented on purpose. So far, I haven't run into one.

RushLoongHammer
03-29-2019, 10:32 PM
For me Its a combination of interesting content, kool reward, and gearing for an actual challenge.

I like Stolen Signal I Division 1 because it was a proper challenge but it lacked the rewards to make playing it worth it.
I liked farming for the showstopper in Survival, but as soon as Massive introduced exotic caches I got one immediately and was bummed.

The perfect example of good content and a great reward is the Whisper of the Worm quest in Destiny 2.
It was a different kind of content at the time, it was difficult and treated players like they played games before, and it rewarded by far the best boss killing weapon in the game.

KnightGhostbear
03-29-2019, 10:40 PM
At what point do people say that a grind is too much?

I say the grind is to much. ITs not worth making a build until we are at WT5, getting max GS items. Then we gotta get the right brands, right slots, right talents, has to have mod slots, has to have the correct number of mods, has to have the correct mod types, has to come with the right attributes and in the right amounts as well as the right types of proper attributes.

Given we have no way of rerolling perks on weapons, and the recalibration station is insanely limiting on what we can actually reroll, simply getting a single piece of gear that will fit within a build will be 1 in 100,000,000. Its to damn grindy to be sure.

zXCpt.PriceXz
03-29-2019, 11:32 PM
When time invested > useful rewards. Like grinding an exotic for 100 runs on missions and still not getting it.

Ubi-RealDude
03-30-2019, 12:30 AM
I like the question, for sure. Keep in mind though that you can grind for fun, grind for progress, or grind for optimization. (The best feeling is when all 3 align). What KnightGhostBear is describing, at least to me, reads like a grind to optimize. Which do you feel The Division 2 has the most of, if any? At what point does it it turn into a grind? What do you think it turns into a grind from?

Ground-Hugg2018
03-30-2019, 12:41 AM
I grind because it's there and am very surprised when I actually find something useful. Lets face it there is very little to find that will help us gain better equipment.

VLADA757
03-30-2019, 12:42 AM
I like the question, for sure. Keep in mind though that you can grind for fun, grind for progress, or grind for optimization. (The best feeling is when all 3 align). What KnightGhostBear is describing, at least to me, reads like a grind to optimize. Which do you feel The Division 2 has the most of, if any? At what point does it it turn into a grind? What do you think it turns into a grind from?
I just don't like when I open box with a key for example hyena or black task box,I need to wait 24h to open again that same box and if I dont wait then when I opened next tme its just empty. And I spend my key for nothing... This is just biggest problem for me and that's all. I wish that when you every time you reply the mission you can open the box without for you to waiting for 24h and just farming without stopping and getting angry for stupid box....

Ram3e
03-30-2019, 01:56 AM
For me there is no such thing as too much grind. Grind is why i buy games for, i enjoy putting time and effort into grinding, so the moment theres no reason for me to grind is where i stop the game and go on somewhere else. Grinding is what keeps the game going for me.

For example, been grinding the tusk of mannoroth for the past 6 years in WoW, its one of the few reason why i still play that game so far.

That is all my personal opinion tho, many people dont have the time or will to grind and i understand that.