PDA

View Full Version : Dismantling

xOutbreak87x
03-29-2019, 09:56 PM
I have a great suggestion. If your capped out on standard materials and break down a piece of gear, you get absolutely nothing/nada/zilch. Either make it when you dismantle an item with maxed standard materials,
1. Make it a random chance to get a rare material (carbon fiber/titanium/electronics
or
2. Make it a random chance to get skins or something cosmetic.

Because as of now the only thing to do with extra gear is to sell it.

Vastten
03-29-2019, 10:08 PM
I have a great suggestion. If your capped out on standard materials and break down a piece of gear, you get absolutely nothing/nada/zilch. Either make it when you dismantle an item with maxed standard materials,
1. Make it a random chance to get a rare material (carbon fiber/titanium/electronics
or
2. Make it a random chance to get skins or something cosmetic.

Because as of now the only thing to do with extra gear is to sell it.

or you can use the extra gear for projects.

Bambihunter1971
03-29-2019, 10:17 PM
I don't know if you are referring to TD1 or 2. In TD1, but since this is the TD1 forum, I'll assume 1. *edit* Did this just move forums because I wasn't in TD2 forums but after I posted I now am... Disregard if this really was in TD2 and I am just high on crack. LOL

I am full on Fabric 99% of the time. I have just consigned myself to that fact. If I am doing dailly's where I have to loot fabric, I just go craft something just to break it down or sell it.

You should never max out weapon or tools. You can use excess to craft the Exotic Damascus then deconstruct it for Div Tech. I was maxed out a while back so I recorded a macro of nothing except me doing the process of crafting, accepting, deconstructing, hitting esc, repeat. Anytime I get up to go make a sandwich, go to the bathroom if my character is in the base, etc I kick off that macro and it keeps the mats down a little bit plus gives me extra Div Tech. IIRC, 4k guns and 2k tools will net you ~750 Div Tech. Occasionally if I am bored, I'll kick off the macro creating gear items and deconstructing too. I think it is a 1:7 ratio turning it into Div Tech but the last few times I tried that I was getting nothing that way.