PDA

View Full Version : [AC3 R] Startup issues...

Zachx55
03-29-2019, 06:42 PM
When I open the game it infinitely does this flashing crap. It looks like it's minimizing and reponening super fast and it never stops. The first time I opened it, it only did it for about 10 seconds then got to the start screen. I changed the graphics to high and when it came to the apply/accept screen it started doing it again. Now I can't get the game to run at all because it does it as soon as I open it. Idk if my system specs matter but I have a 7700k and an RTX 2080.

HerrDesOlymp
03-29-2019, 07:12 PM
You're not alone, 8086k with Vega 56 here.
Yet good to see it happens with both nVidia and Amd-Cards. It even caused the lighting on my keyboard to stutter (that was when i knew something is fcked up).

Zachx55
03-29-2019, 08:14 PM
It did the same thing to my keyboard. I got it to work a bit ago after waiting through 30 seconds of the chaos. Made the mistake of alt-tabbing and it did the same thing again. I'd like to also add that Liberation does not have this issue BUT when exiting the game from the menu it closes but then when on the desktop gives the error that the .exe has stopped working and needs to be closed.

Zachx55
03-29-2019, 09:17 PM
I'd like to give sort of an update with some more information in hopes of getting this fixed. I got the game to launch which seems to just be luck. This is NOT a flickering issue. From what I can tell the game seems to be trying to infinitely resize itself no matter the resolution. When it does this like I stated before it looks like it's being tabbed out then reopened really super fast and you can see a small box with the game in the window and it shows up in the top left hand corner of the screen while it's freaking out and then it switches to the bottom right hand corner. The screen is black all around except for the small view of the screen in the corners and the screen as a whole does the flashing/resizing/opening and tabbing. It does this after exiting a menu in the game if you do get it to launch as well. I have the most recent video drivers. Every driver on my system is up to date including updates for windows. Hope this helps in finding a solution. Would like to hear from a Ubi support rep giving some kind of indication that this is being looked into. I know it's not a controller issue (for a pc LOL) which seems to be what's most important right now for some reason. I'll try to keep this updated and try to find a solution myself in the meantime.. -Thanks

-Update- I just noticed that this problem had also caused all the programs on my taskbar to crash including the Nvidia Control Panel and MSI Afterburner.