PDA

View Full Version : Which skills are 'Must Haves' for general PvE & Endgame?

Vanch333
03-29-2019, 06:32 PM
I know that having a choice of which skills to use for certain occasions is usually good to have in a game, yet I can't seem to figure out which skills to use for the majority of my playtime in general PvE, as each skill seems to be useful in its own right.

Therefore I've been wondering, are there any specific 'Must Have' skills which are more useful than the others, if even slightly? I should say that I play mostly solo at the moment whilst levelling, if that's of any relevance.

I've been running Pulse so far since the beginning. How is that in terms of usefulness? Should I use a different skill instead of it? I've also been using Drone, although the damage seems to be almost non existent, which is a shame. I've been considering going with one offensive and one defensive, so in this case which two would be the best option to take?

Final-Wynn
03-29-2019, 06:35 PM
Revive Hive/Chem Launcher heal/ Flame Turret. Those 3 always seems to be the best choise for non Tech Builds.

Padds01
03-29-2019, 06:35 PM
i find the heal chem launcher to be invaluable. revive hive isnt a bad option or the open world often results in just getting downed twie but can help. other than that just find the skills a bit too clunky to use so have the repair drone or another fire and forget one

teksuo1
03-29-2019, 06:37 PM
in doubt just sport dual healing skills ;)

KataclyzmiK
03-29-2019, 06:40 PM
When playing with Random players, chem healer and revive hive. In a coordinated group, you should well, coordinate and have a good mixture.

Vastten
03-29-2019, 06:50 PM
For solo play I found using the standard turret to cover flank, some say it is worthless but I find that it suppresses a mob or two it does it's job> Flame turret is good also but it does not have the range . Then the healing chem, just double tap Q ( or E ) and you have a self heal that is fast ( not instant) heal for half your armor and it's a fast recharge time for each shot and you have 3 shots. I tried the healing drone for awhile. It's works early in the game but once you hit WT1 it gets shot down too fast.

Kwoung
03-29-2019, 07:01 PM
I am not T4 yet, but I like the assault turret, not because it actually does any damage, but mostly because it "might" get a mob to cover and it definitely highlights the mobs for me and alerts me to flankers I may have missed though. I basically use it as a weak Pulse that has a couple of side benefits... unfortunately actually doing damage is not one of the benefits. If it wasn't so hard to spot the mobs all the time, I would probably use a different skill.

Also, if you drop it on your cover, you will always have a shot at whatever it is targeting, which is generally the mob closest to you that you should kill.

RSDamo
03-29-2019, 07:05 PM
Healing hive
Chem launcher heal

Talents , patience , safeguard , rooted basically anything that buffs your HOTs

Anything with damage to elites is also nice to have

Suggest having a AR on your back bar no matter what ! In case you get into a dps race mechanic and your team doesn’t pick on it and you have to deal with it yourself

Just a few things to help

Kwoung
03-29-2019, 07:10 PM
Talents , patience , safeguard , rooted basically anything that buffs your HOTs

I love the Patience / Safeguard combo, pretty much haven't used an armor repair kit since.

Merphee
03-29-2019, 07:24 PM
Use what you like.

NORTHBOERN
03-29-2019, 07:26 PM
Ive been solo so far, up to the last stronghold, and ive been using anything i want because its a pretty easy game for the most part if you go after the stuff geared for it, so seeker mine and bullet drone. If i have a tough end guy ill use the drone to eat up armor. Seeker mine just because its fun. when it gets more difficult i might have to really think more about it.

sgtnogo
03-29-2019, 07:32 PM
I like one healing Skill and one Offensive skill. There have been some issues with the Revive Hive. May be user error and not a problem with the actual skill, IDK for sure.

Anim0L187
03-29-2019, 07:46 PM
when i am running my sharpshooter i use the recon drone and the chem heal. I find the revive hive is just to glitchy atm. sometimes it will work great others it will make the sound 4 and only shoot 3 and go on cooldown

Zengrath
03-29-2019, 07:49 PM
I've since start have soloed all content except main missions with assault turret and healing drone all game, same ones I used in betas but only cause too lazy to learn others yet. I will be experimenting soon. Oh and I am WT4. Control points and activities have gotten easy for me now. It's when playing hardychallenger missions that I sometimes struggle depending on the mission and random group in with, seems super random. Last hard and challenger one I did was easy as if I was on normal, guessing because people been min maxing their gear waiting for wt5

Scottoest
03-29-2019, 10:09 PM
I mostly use the survivalist heal ball and the flame turret. Flame turret is useful for crowd control in areas with natural choke points. Heal ball isn't as good as the drone, but gets taken out less since it's behind cover with you.

Revive hive can be good in groups of randoms, as an insurance policy, or to get people up after they got downed in a bad location.

I don't like the chem launcher. I find it clumsy to use, and the effectiveness of the armor-eating one has never seemed that great to me, but I know lots of people insist it's great.

Shield is terrible. Drone is a good healer, but I find the other variants mostly useless. Never even bothered with the Firefly, and the Pulse seems comically bad in this game.

Eshaede
03-29-2019, 10:13 PM
Patience, the "5% armour / sec once in cover for 3sec" is a life saver, literally, and you dont use armour kits really

frees up the main skills for "rez hive" + whatever u fancy, flame turret still best CC tbh

Vanch333
03-29-2019, 10:19 PM
Okay, so based on the recommendations here I unlocked the Chem healer, and so far I've not even had to bother using my self armour heals with my armour kits. The chem healer has 3 charges and recharges so quickly that I've not even had to use my armour kits. Almost seems like a waste to have the chem healer due to this really. Not sure if once I get to harder content I'll have to use the chem healer AND my armour kits, but at the moment my armour kits are just going unused.

KnightGhostbear
03-29-2019, 10:44 PM
I use Armor Chem Launcher and Machinegun Turret.

I could see extreme value in that Defender drone that stops incoming projectiles.

Honestly if your having trouble solo, use the Machinegun turret. That baby will do work for you if you deploy it on top of something with wide and long sight lines. I have had mine just shy of solo entire groups of enemies.

Akuhdemiks
03-29-2019, 10:48 PM
I've played around with almost a the skills a little bit from what i have noticed it would rank somthing like this;

Top teir - Heal Chem Launcher, Defender Drone, Assault/Flame Turret, and Deflection Shield.
Reviver Hive is a contender but I personaly haven't found it worth bringing for me.

Unless - Pulse, and Firefly.

Everything els is kinda just meh its neither great nor terrible. All this is likly to change heavily however once skills and skill stats are fixed properly.

Slug_Overdose
03-29-2019, 11:29 PM
in doubt just sport dual healing skills ;)

This. It's pretty much been the case since the first game. You can never go wrong with more healing, especially now that health regeneration is significantly reduced. As a general rule of thumb, EVERY agent should have at least 1 healing skill so they can take care of themselves without needing a dedicated healer. The other is really personal preference.

Ubi-RealDude
03-30-2019, 12:35 AM
Lots of really good advice here! Keep it up, everyone!

John_Wick117
03-30-2019, 12:35 AM
I use Patience on knee pads to avoid having to heal all the time, and have the talent 50% chance to not use the armor kit when applying it when s..t gets real.

Then i run the skills Revive hive and chem launcher with corrosive to tenderize targets to make them go down quicker for the team, since it does give enemies a nice not shown debuff to their armor and once they start shooting a target i had just used the corrosive on their armor flies off or rather melts off.

Have been considering some other skill since Revive hive can be a bit buggy at times, thought about cluster version of seeker mine since they also give you a good idea of enemy locations and amount of them left.

D-Y-N-4-M-O
03-30-2019, 12:41 AM
Shout out to the shield drone.

Allows you to pop up out of cover when engaging enemies and tank damage from multiple angles. Great for glass cannons. As the drone follows you around you need to be static for best results.

maskedweasel
03-30-2019, 12:48 AM
Revive hive is a must for me in a group and solo. My second is always the the chem launcher, oxidizer (or what I refer to as joker gas, because it's purple) because it flushes gold enemies out of cover, and purple and red enemies generally don't move out of the gas and die pretty quickly.

It also has a short cooldown and one shot will stop an enemy that's using a minigun. One more handy tool, even if I don't fire it, by just aiming the chem launcher against walls, you can see where enemies are, as the telegraph will turn red if it detects an enemy, even behind a wall. I primarily run this when I'm running survivalist, because the incendiary grenade will save you from rushers and heavily armored enemies. I also don't use a heal because I have gear that will refill my shield after being in cover for 3 seconds, so it makes me pretty tough to kill as it is.

When I'm running demolitionist, I'll use the chem launcher heal, because it procs really well with the demolitionists ammo refill when they lose their shield, and of course, you can bunker pretty good, dropping so many heals on you, and not being forced out of cover by explosives. My second for the demolitionist varies. Revive hive is good as mentioned before, but I'll usually slot the flame turret as crowd control.

If I had a choice on demolitionist, I would run the chem launcher heal and the chem launcher riot foam. Sometimes I'll slot riot foam if there are a lot of heavies in a mission and I need to slow them, or if I need to catch enemies outside of cover to burn them down quickly. I didn't think this would be the case, but the chem launcher is my favorite of all the skills right now.

PorcelainBeast
03-30-2019, 12:56 AM
9999sp bombardier drone and 8876sp stinger hive. 56%blast radius and 24% damage on bombardier and 32% charges 22% damage and 19% cd reduction on my hive. Works very well with some cooldown reduction talents. Usually only wait 30 seconds between deploys and they hit really hard. In combination with survivalist and assault rifle damage. Still hit 40-50k headshots. Only thing that's been an issue is ai rushing and pushing us out of the area. Doesn't matter what sort of builds the group has. Myself included. My hive is spectacular crowd control and the bombardier will clear out anything that isn't an elite running full on out of the arena but they just rush to much. I love that they hit hard and hide when they don't rush. But I think the relentless onslaught needs to be addressed.

Disneyadventure
03-30-2019, 12:57 AM
For most of my leveling I used the chem launcher to heal but now at end game I find that armor kits suffice just fine, if you get the extra ones with the perk.

So I run two offensive.

Turret is always a standard simply because it locks enemies down and especially because of the quick cooldown.

It's invaluable.

After that it's either the assault drone or the cluster seeker.

Cluster seeker is a great lead off to a fight but putting that drone and turret together gives you so much control of the engagement.

It's basically Division's version of crowd control and it does damage to boot, not a lot but it adds up.

I found the drones ability to pester snipers invaluable in many, many engagements.

My favorite is the firefly but that cooldown just doesn't make it worth it.

orrthehunter
03-30-2019, 01:17 AM
Flame turret will be useful to help stun enemies that are trying to go down a single path. It will prevent the enemy AI from rushing your position which they do a lot in Hard and Challenging difficulty no matter their enemy type.