PDA

View Full Version : Teleportation from a mission starting point, how does it work ?

Fritzoune
03-29-2019, 05:54 PM
Hello,
Most of the times, when I move to a mission location, I choose to play within a group. so I hit the F key to start grouping.
And often, when I get to join a group,there is a long loading screen and I get teleported to some group member location.
Why and how to prevent this ? what is the point of going to the mission location and clicking the group key if I get moved ?
How can I just at least stay in place while joing the group and waiting for the group member to move ?

Also sometime when I am looking for a group in a different area from the mission, I am not always teleported.. but then, there is the little question that asks me if I want to be teleported to the group location, and when I chose yes, well, nothing happens and I must to on my own to the location.
What am I doing wrong ?

Same when leaving a group after a mission, why do I get teleported ? Can't I just stay in place an keep on exploring the area ??

Thx for your answers.

The matchmaking option is not really user friendly to my mind.

Final-Wynn
03-29-2019, 06:02 PM
Its becouse every Character has his own Session. If you join a Player you join His Session, His World and the easiest thing to do is to throuw you at the location of a Group Member/Host. As for leaving well you are Leaving the Host Session and returning to your own this does end in a loading screen. Its like Jumping from Instance to Instance, makes only sense that you have to load the other Instance.

lImaRobotl
03-29-2019, 06:08 PM
Hello,
Most of the times, when I move to a mission location, I choose to play within a group. so I hit the F key to start grouping.
And often, when I get to join a group,there is a long loading screen and I get teleported to some group member location.
Why and how to prevent this ? what is the point of going to the mission location and clicking the group key if I get moved ?
How can I just at least stay in place while joing the group and waiting for the group member to move ?
You can't prevent this. It's loading you into their world, because you're joining their world. This is how any game works when you join someones game.You are not the host in this instance, so it transfers you to their world.

Also sometime when I am looking for a group in a different area from the mission, I am not always teleported.. but then, there is the little question that asks me if I want to be teleported to the group location, and when I chose yes, well, nothing happens and I must to on my own to the location.
What am I doing wrong ?
What you're doing wrong is misunderstanding what is going on. In this case, you are the host, so there's no need to load you into someone elses world. Upon someone joining your world, it'll ask if you want to fast travel to the actual mission, or you can just walk there yourself. The thing with this is that the fast-travel to mission doesn't work right and seems to be bugged half the time.

Same when leaving a group after a mission, why do I get teleported ? Can't I just stay in place an keep on exploring the area ??
That's happening because you're leaving their game-world, one that is different than your game world depending on what they've done and what missions have been completed on their own.

The matchmaking option is not really user friendly to my mind.
It's really pretty straight-forward to be honest. This is how most open world games work, and really doesn't function too different compared to games that aren't open-world.

Ground-Hugg2018
03-29-2019, 06:11 PM
That's strange as when I leave my friends group i stay in the same place as him. I'm lvl 22 and my friend is lvl 15 and has done no where near as much as I have.

Fritzoune
03-29-2019, 06:16 PM
Thx for the answers.
I thought people joing group were on the same server (like the people you meet in some area).

So if I go the mission starting point, I should start a group, not join one, so the other people will join my instance and I won't be teleported in the void ?
But if join a mission from anywhere in the map, because I use the matchmaking system in the map menu, / answering to some help, meaning I am not near the mission location (and doin't care being teleported), I can join another group ?

Final-Wynn
03-29-2019, 06:19 PM
Well if you want to explore a finished mission i guess its the smartest thing to be the opener, otherwise a small loeading screen is not deadly :D.