PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain the gear stats and modding please?

Kwoung
03-29-2019, 04:58 PM
I am very confused as the yellow, blue, red score is making no sense to me at all. As an example, I have Y5 B6, R5, I install a blue mod in a holster and it changed to Y6, B6, R5, why didn't it go to Y5, B7, R5? I also noticed that when trying to get the right armor to activate a skills, that say requires B7 or more and R5 or less, I put on a piece of gear that has no red and 2 blue attributes, blue doesn't raise, but red or yellow does?

Anyhow, is there some rhyme or reason to how this works or will I be stuck mixing and matching forever until I hit the right one to get the combo I need for my builds? Is there a guide or calculator for this somewhere?

OldGamer73
03-29-2019, 05:07 PM
Those colors have nothing to do with mods, but they are stats from your gear.

Here is an article:
https://guides.gamepressure.com/tom-clancys-the-division-2/guide.asp?ID=49179

Kwoung
03-29-2019, 05:15 PM
Those colors have nothing to do with mods, but they are stats from your gear.

Here is an article:
https://guides.gamepressure.com/tom-clancys-the-division-2/guide.asp?ID=49179

Thank you, but that article is not correct, I can most definitely also adjust the overall mix with mods. Also, it doesn't add up based on un-modded gear. my gear may have B6, R4, Y6, but it comes out B5, R5, Y6. This is what is confusing me. I would think that it was straight forward based simply on adding up how many of each attribute you have on your armor, but that is far from the case. It is further compounded by the mods, which putting a blue mod in one slot gives red a plus, but putting it in a different slot gives blue a plus.

Syncope-83
03-29-2019, 05:16 PM
It's all based around what can be collectively referred to as "modifiers" or i guess attributes.

Red (aiming reticule) = Offensive

Blue (shield icon) = Defensive

Yellow (battery icon) = Utility

For example, and just for talking sake, a holster may have additional crit chance - that's classed as +1 offensive modifier. As in, it will augment your damage output.

So with nothing else equipped you'd have 1 Red / 0 Blue / 0 yellow.

Now if you equipped a backpack that gave additional health (as a fixed amount) you'd now have +1 defensive modifier.

So now you'd have 1 Red / 1 Blue / 0 yellow.

Next up, a pair of gloves with 5% skill cooldown reduction... see where I'm going?

Then the modifiers tie in to gear "talents" i.e. in order for this gear talent to activate you must have 5/5 (or more) red modifiers.

Bearing in mind, for some talents to activate you need to have 4/4 or less of whichever modifier.

An example being the weapon talent Gunslinger - "Swapping to your sidearm within 3s of a kill refills the sidearm's magazine and grants +20% weapon damage for the entire magazine"

In order for Gunslinger to be available for activation, you'd need a total of 5 (or less) defensive modifiers, across all gear pieces combined. If you have more than that then swapping to your sidearm within 3s of a kill would do nothing.

The icons around your character level in the main menu allow you to, at a glance, see the total number of offensive, defensive and utility modifiers that are currently in play as a result of your equipped gear.

Hope that helps!

Syncope-83
03-29-2019, 05:26 PM
Also... can't say for certain but I'm 99% sure if you equip an offensive protocol mod, say, on a holster that has +6.0% optimal range it would count as +1 Red.

Kwoung
03-29-2019, 05:32 PM
The icons around your character level in the main menu allow you to, at a glance, see the total number of offensive, defensive and utility modifiers that are currently in play as a result of your equipped gear.

Hope that helps!

Actually it doesn't really... what you wrote was my understanding of how it worked as well, but it doesn't add up on my gear. Putting it as simply as possible, say I have a chest piece with one offensive (red) attribute on it and I replace it with a chest piece with one utility (blue) attribute on it.

You would think I would lose one red and gain one blue around my gear score, but that is not always the case, the stats may not change at all or I may get a blue but the red stays, or the red and blue lower and I get a yellow stat added. This is what is confusing me, are some gear pieces bugged maybe, mislabeled, have some hidden stat I cannot see maybe?

Raaksa
03-29-2019, 05:40 PM
I believe the 'type of the slot' -- not the actual Attributes on the mod (which is confusing) determine if you get a specific +1 or not.

Certainly isn't very clear, just yet.

It's possible that first the Attributes are added from what you have on guns and armor, and THEN you get +1 per Slot type. So Offensive = red, Defensive = blue, and Utility = yellow.

So in your first example, it would suggest you slotted something into the Utility, or something on the mod added +1 yellow in that slot.

Final-Wynn
03-29-2019, 05:51 PM
Its about the name of the Slot. Offensve Slots add a Red, Defensive slots Blue and Utility Slots add a Yellow. The mods themself sometimes can add a different color but it still will count as the armor mod slot type.

There are Mods called ,,Generic Mod type,, they can be sloted in every mod place.

Kwoung
03-29-2019, 06:07 PM
Its about the name of the Slot. Offensve Slots add a Red, Defensive slots Blue and Utility Slots add a Yellow. The mods themself sometimes can add a different color but it still will count as the armor mod slot type.

There are Mods called ,,Generic Mod type,, they can be sloted in every mod place.

Ok, but what about just the gear attributes, no mods in any slots, it doesn't add up for me. You would think, on un-modded gear, if you count the total number of each attribute the gear equipped has on them, the 3 icons around the gear score would equal that. But it doesn't sometimes and I cannot figure out why.

Omega_Ferret
03-29-2019, 06:11 PM
Yeah the numbers are off. It seems to only count those mods that have 3 of one stat to add one. Ill see if i can go over my gear to kinda show.

OldGamer73
Actually it doesn't really... what you wrote was my understanding of how it worked as well, but it doesn't add up on my gear. Putting it as simply as possible, say I have a chest piece with one offensive (red) attribute on it and I replace it with a chest piece with one utility (blue) attribute on it.

You would think I would lose one red and gain one blue around my gear score, but that is not always the case, the stats may not change at all or I may get a blue but the red stays, or the red and blue lower and I get a yellow stat added. This is what is confusing me, are some gear pieces bugged maybe, mislabeled, have some hidden stat I cannot see maybe?

I would say in this case that the calculation is based on percentages, and not just +1 or +2 on your gear. If the net percentage for that stat is over 0.5% perhaps they round up, so you keep that point. That would make the most sense to me.

Final-Wynn
For me it works fine so no idea maybe if you could like Pictures maybe i can see way?

Kwoung
03-29-2019, 06:15 PM
So based on what everyone said above, my current gear is now right. The most helpful was about putting generic utility mods in a offensive slot counting as offensive and not utility.

That said, I have still had times where un-modded gear doesn't add up correctly, it may be with the 3 same stat attributes as was mentioned above, I will have to check that.

Omega_Ferret
03-29-2019, 06:21 PM
Yeah i guess I wasnt understanding how the mods worked to well. Now all mine are on point.

Disneyadventure
05-13-2019, 05:04 PM
Nobody actually knows how they calculate it.

About the only thing you can do is keep adding junk to the attribute you want to increase and hope it goes up.

I just got a piece of gear with a 25% weapon damage increase when all skills are on cooldown but I needed 7 yellow to activate it.

So I changed some gear that had cooldown reduction as the lead attribute and I had no problem jumping up to 7.

I had to sacrifice a lot of DTE to get it but now my turret does way more damage and I pretty much always have a skill up, when I don't I have the 25% bump in damage to make up for it.

It's a different build, not ideal for grouping but its fun to play with and pretty powerful overall.