PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Solo game difficulty

sgtnogo
03-29-2019, 03:13 PM
Okay, time to get a compendium of opinions on Solo game play, and exactly what people think is wrong with it.

Folks, My apologies, When I wrote the poll, the intent was more to find out why you think the game is difficult rather than why you think it's okay. But, I didn't want to stop okays from responding, since that is relevant data. So please if you think the game is not Easy but challenging but okay the way it is, select option 1.

Agent...Tex
03-29-2019, 03:15 PM
Where is the Poll friend?

sgtnogo
03-29-2019, 03:23 PM
Sorry, took me a few minutes to finish it up!

hyper---sniper
03-29-2019, 03:26 PM
Okay, time to get a compendium of opinions on Solo game play, and exactly what people think is wrong with it.

Can not see a poll ?...But i will say i do not think the game is hard (level 1 -30) but i do think the game is broken , and npc are never the same from one battle to the next , then ( tier 1-4 ) I think the weapons fall apart and do little damage but still easily doable solo if you can keep your distance ??... Then try the same challenge again same settings weapons gear etc and it gets hectic ??? Feels like there is a problem with damage and hit points they seem to change when they want to.. feel strong one moment and dead the next...

sgtnogo
03-29-2019, 03:27 PM
In response to Neg Mods hurt some weapons, they definitely have a negative effect on LMGs. Marco's video on weapon handling showed that LMGs need Accuracy+Stability. Unfortunately, that requires almost always giving up the opposite(+ACC, -Stab).

Hoppes9
03-29-2019, 03:27 PM
Where's the "solo and group difficulty feels about right" option?

hyper---sniper
03-29-2019, 03:28 PM
Sorry, took me a few minutes to finish it up!

It is showing now

sgtnogo
03-29-2019, 03:29 PM
The poll was in reference to solo play.

NLxAROSA
03-29-2019, 03:30 PM
Thing is, for me it varies. Overall I'd say that difficulty is just right, but some missions are way harder than others.

AlgardeLansing
03-29-2019, 03:32 PM
The game isn't easy, buy isn't extremely difficult too. At the moment i haven't problems to do all the stuff in solo. I play in co-op only for free roaming when i have less time to play.

CircleOfSorrow
03-29-2019, 03:33 PM
I'm really enjoying the game and play the majority of it solo. I use matchmaking for some main missions and strongholds. The people I have been matched with have all been great. I am WT3 and about to move on to WT4. The complaints about the game being too difficult is coming from people not good enough. Instead of ruining a game that many are enjoying for a vocal few, I hope they put a noob mode in that provides the ego shooter experience that some people want and make it clear which mode players have been spending most of their time so I can avoid the noobs entirely.

Alekero
03-29-2019, 03:33 PM
Game (specially solo) is not easy and not hard. Its OK. Since you realize how to play, how to use skills and weapons and get normal PvE gear (i hope you know what it is) even elites are squishy. And it doesnt matter WT1 or 4, just a little bit more grind for good stuff and here we go you can kill everything again. Ppl just toooooo casual and want everythin to be easy.

Agent...Tex
03-29-2019, 03:34 PM
WHY OH WHY did you not put a GAME IS JUST RIGHT BOX??? Your poll is fixed with nothing but complaints friend. What biased piece of junk.

dreampage
03-29-2019, 03:34 PM
You left out what is most important in my view:

Too many enemies / enemy waves in Solo. Doesn't scale down enough for solo players.

sgtnogo
03-29-2019, 03:35 PM
WHY OH WHY did you not put a GAME IS JUST RIGHT BOX??? Your poll is fixed with nothing but complaints friend. What biased piece of junk.

Not true look at option 1.

Cyanide-Cure
03-29-2019, 03:36 PM

LOL Their poll isn't biased AT ALL!!! Its either Easy and good or every other reason why it's not. Feels about right is my option cause at times it gets hard (which i want the challenge) and other times it feels good to me.

strangetamer007
03-29-2019, 03:36 PM
I do not believe the game is *too* hard. I believe it is a lot more difficult the original D1 for those that played it. I have been frustrated several times doing things and getting what I consider screwed by the A to the point where I damn near wrecked something. With that said, I still really enjoy the game. Sadly in order to make the game difficult enough the AI sort of has to cheat a little in some ways to increase difficulty. I think things are just about tuned properly with a few tweaks needed to the AI and mob damage output.

If you hare having issues with the difficulty it doesn't necessarily mean you are bad, you just need to adjust your play style and realize that you are likely going to die a lot more often than you might in a lot of other games.

Ram3e
03-29-2019, 03:37 PM
I dont see how does the weapon mods negatively affect the "solo friendly" criteria ?
Sure, it gives you less accuracy or stability but it also boosts your crit chance and other stats depending on the weapon.
I found having negative weapon mods have no impact what so ever on the solo aspect of the game.

Kwoung
03-29-2019, 03:38 PM
Thing is, for me it varies. Overall I'd say that difficulty is just right, but some missions are way harder than others.

That is the design if I remember one of the SOTG interviews correctly. The spawns are dynamic, with different mixes of mobs/talents/strategies each time, so unlike most other games with a hard coded AI which can be figured out and predicted, you need to figure out on the fly how to deal with each group based on what popped that time. I could be wrong though and that is just for the named roaming mobs, but seems like it is used in the whole game to me.

CircleOfSorrow
Game (specially solo) is not easy and not hard. Its OK. Since you realize how to play, how to use skills and weapons and get normal PvE gear (i hope you know what it is) even elites are squishy. And it doesnt matter WT1 or 4, just a little bit more grind for good stuff and here we go you can kill everything again. Ppl just toooooo casual and want everythin to be easy.

^This! I play games for the challenge, and my satisfaction is derived from overcoming the challenges provided. I bet if you were able to observe the people complaining about the difficulty of the game they will only spec the highest gear regardless of stats and camp behind one piece of cover and play the game like a mobile clicker game.

Agent...Tex

That's the whole point!! The game isn't easy. The game is CHALLENGING !

The Poll is trying to say the game is EASY OR THE GAME IS TOO HARD. The game is perfect. Judging from the responses I would say people are adding pretty much the same thing.

Cyanide-Cure
03-29-2019, 03:40 PM

No....Option #1 basically says the game is easy and EASY being the key word there. Just a friendly reminder here and I hope you can take constructive criticism but when you make a poll you need to think about putting options that don't just go with one option against your argument and so many other options to support your claim. FYI you could have added options like "Feels about right", "Feels difficult at times but i love the challenge" ect.ect...

sgtnogo
03-29-2019, 03:41 PM
You left out what is most important in my view:

Too many enemies / enemy waves in Solo. Doesn't scale down enough for solo players.

Based this off what other people were writing in other threads, must have missed this issue. In my experience they AI is only too numerous when you get a close spawn behind you while dealing with AI in front of you. Not something you can just retreat from. Also your threat indicator isn't that helpful when they spawn 25meters away.

RSDamo
03-29-2019, 03:41 PM
The poll I guess isnít showing for me but I believe the games difficulty is rather easy solo and in group when you play it correctly and understand itís not a generic shooter

Iíve made many friends on the game through joining matchmaking challenge missions teaching people how to play correctly

Almost 80% of players Iíve encountered just donít seem to understand how combat actually works especially how to use the HOTs properly and combat mechanics such as dps race situations etc etc

Iastalyr
03-29-2019, 03:43 PM
nice game i like the depth mostly just guerilla tactics no mines except for that dronethingy there so mostly just guerilla tactics but i im not too squishy as survivalist with my gear its pretty awesome i can get 1 elite flanking me solo unexpected but a second would be too much as it should be sience you can build still archetypes like tanks healers damage dealer & crowd control how it should be in in a game with rpg coop components nice work.

sgtnogo
03-29-2019, 03:45 PM
No....Option #1 basically says the game is easy and EASY being the key word there. Just a friendly reminder here and I hope you can take constructive criticism but when you make a poll you need to think about putting options that don't just go with one option against your argument and so many other options to support your claim. FYI you could have added options like "Feels about right", "Feels difficult at times but i love the challenge" ect.ect...

Your probably correct. I was trying to get data, about why people thought the game was too difficult, without completely shutting out people who feel the game is fine.

By the way, I love this game. I anticipate putting as many hours into it as I did Div 1. The thing is the game isn't perfect. And if you checked one, or didn't check one or 2, please feel free to comment or check what you feel may be faults or possible opportunities to improve the game. There was no intent to make a biased poll, I made a poor assumption that if you felt the difficulty was okay, then you probably would not want to respond further.

I was also limited to 10 choices.

Cyanide-Cure
03-29-2019, 03:50 PM
Your probably correct. I was trying to get data, about why people thought the game was too difficult, without completely shutting out people who feel the game is fine.

By the way, I love this game. I anticipate putting as many hours into it as I did Div 1. The thing is the game isn't perfect. And if you checked one, or didn't check one or 2, please feel free to comment or check what you feel may be faults or possible opportunities to improve the game. There was no intent to make a biased poll, I made a poor assumption that if you felt the difficulty was okay, then you probably would not want to respond further.

I'm with ya man trust me, I'm not one to post "Git Gud" and troll. I know the game is harder for some than others and many people are used to things like Ghost Recon Wildlands where a headshot takes out an enemy instantly.

NORTHBOERN
03-29-2019, 03:54 PM
I dont know hiw to answer because i haven't hit wt4. Or even wt1, i have a stronghold to finish tonight then ill get to 4 at some point. As it is now its super easy in missions, but you're a glass cannon no matter what your build is i think.

Ground-Hugg2018
03-29-2019, 04:00 PM
In my opinion being in a group should give you some degree of an advantage whether it's two or four in the group. At times it feels like you are being punished for being in a group. When it's easier to solo then to group up there is something wrong with the game.

OldGamer73
03-29-2019, 04:04 PM
I'm very new to this game.

This game is HARD. And it's AWESOME.

OH NOES!! A game were you have to think tactically, and it punishes you for being stooopid?? Right up my alley, Bubba.

Two areas that need improving are the strength of the rushing NPCs, who can withstand a whole magazine into them without dying and then club you to death with two hits, and the random spawns that ALWAYS spawn behind you in the middle of a firefight.

Otherwise, solo play in this game is AMAZING.

pharmakotriftis
03-29-2019, 04:06 PM

I second that. I was looking for a similar option too.

Freudian-Slips
03-29-2019, 04:06 PM
The game is easy in places and hard in places, just like any other game of this ilk.

The hardest content is hard the easiest content is easy, heck I even put up a thread on how I got Brutalized by the AI on a level 4 control point (the devs were correct in their assessment of level 4 control points0 they said they are not for the faint hearted they will be brutal. Boy were they correct ha ha ha.

The other side of the coin levelling up via the story in story mode is as easy as it comes,

This game has about 7 stages of difficulty for the various levelling

0 to 30 story mode (easy)
WT1 and 2 moderately easy
WT3 and 4 and deck of 52 CP's 1 and 2 the middle ground (neither hard or easy)
Strongholds/ some side missions (moderate to hard)
Invaded strongholds (moderate Hard)
Challenge strongholds and challenge bounties/CP level 3 (Hard)
CP level 4/Heroic bounties and I presume Heroic stronghold (Brutal)

Future
Tidal Basin stronghold (I expect it to be Hard)
The raid (hard to brutal)

This is from a solo players point of view and my opinion (which might not reflect or be the same as others)

But a side note all this might change because on the 5th of April it all changes (which includes balancing and changes.

sgtnogo
03-29-2019, 04:08 PM
I'm with ya man trust me, I'm not one to post "Git Gud" and troll. I know the game is harder for some than others and many people are used to things like Ghost Recon Wildlands where a headshot takes out an enemy instantly.

I like most of the RPG attributes of the game. It doesn't bother me to have to fire multiple shots to kill a red. I like the fire and maneuver, I think the skills are silly, but still fun. It's a great game. I didn't even select every option I applied. I have publicly stated I don't like the neg stats on mods, they are counter intuitive, and not thrilled about some of the spawn mechanics.

You can't post anything questioning the mechanics without stirring up the fan bois.

mattrickl06
03-29-2019, 04:14 PM
There is no option for:

The difficulty is perfect, it provides a challenge but can be overcome by changing tactics

sgtnogo
03-29-2019, 04:16 PM
There is no option for:

The difficulty is perfect, it provides a challenge but can be overcome by changing tactics

Yeah, poor phrasing on my part on option 1, if that is your opion please select that, but sulect any other option you feel may require improvement.

Birdman2796
03-29-2019, 04:17 PM
The game is actually easier solo. Maybe because random team mates suck and canít pull their weight, but I made it though a Challenging Stronghold solo, when I failed many times doing it with a team.

sgtnogo
03-29-2019, 04:24 PM
Folks, I am going to ask to have this thread closed and re-open the Poll unthe the Question:

Poll: What do you think makes the Game More Difficult than Necessary

I will add options that include co-op.

Ram3e
03-29-2019, 04:29 PM
A simple poll with 2 options and why do you think so, You find the game hard or just about right. And people can comment about what makes it harder or simpler or w/e.
You will never have enough options for the many different opinions as this poll already proved.

suitbody
03-29-2019, 04:36 PM
Im glad I never made a big post on this subject before I hit WT4 because my opinion would have been vastly different.

Lv1-30 is a mixed bag of mostly intermediate difficulty. If you gear appropriately (PVE gear like damage to elites) and use the best, most stand out skills (assault turret, healing chem launcher) the game can be handled solo or grouped and reward good tactics with faster completes.

Wt1-3 is more tactics necessary.

Wt4 is bugged impossibly hard difficulty zergfest. Tactics are punished. You cant afford to get hit even to finish off a nearly dead red enemy. I wasted my time learning good strategies. Now I'm hunting doable missions and control points.

sgtnogo
03-29-2019, 04:45 PM
Here's the new poll:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2026824-POLL-ISSUES-WITH-GAME-DIFFICULTY-(Corrected)

John_Wick117
03-29-2019, 05:03 PM
Missing the feature just right in difficulty not to hard not to easy depending on what you are doing in the game, mods and all of it makes sense to me still.

Mad-Cap
03-29-2019, 05:27 PM
I have not run into any difficulties playing solo yet. However, I made the suggestion during beta that normal NPCs out of cover should be severely penalized with damage to them being buffed. Rushers with armour bars are clearly unfair.

Rushers, flankers and bomb carts are all designed to chase a player out of cover. You know the game is a cover based shooter when you get an adrenaline hit anytime there is shooting and your butt isn't touching concrete. I think that is where the difficulty is.

TWJonesII
03-29-2019, 05:56 PM
Its not too hard. But, I personally think the way they tried to make it challenging in some areas is silly. Missions arenít bad usually. Just running around an engaging the ai can be however. Clear a corner or area only to have an exact duplicate(s) of what you just cleared respawn the second you walk towards the area. Then the mechanics, character moves like its looking for a port a john to keep from craping its pants. If thats the anti chicken dance solution, its weak imo. Then the old D1 stick like glue to the walls, or standup in cover while moving around in cover. Overall, more disappointed in mechanics than difficulty.

KataclyzmiK
03-29-2019, 06:30 PM
I'm glad the development team has access to real metrics. No one in their right mind would take a poll with these questions seriously.

beluga25
03-29-2019, 08:13 PM
I don't play DZ or pvp like Conflict or whatever cause I'm way too old and slow--crappy mental and physical reflexes. That said, I'm having enormous
fun solo because I cheese the game by retreating and using choke points a lot, lol. I may quit when I reach level thirty cause I'm not sure I can handle
Invaded Missions, Tusks, hard dailies and all that but, for now, I'm really enjoying this game solo.