PDA

View Full Version : >BUG< Controls for Main and Boat are not individual

Quozar
03-29-2019, 11:23 AM
Hi,

When I change my keyboard controls for the boat the controls for walking are changed too. E.g. Jump changes Sail Up too.

ravenest1
03-29-2019, 12:02 PM
I also can not reconfigure any controls for keyboard.

Ubi-Keo
03-29-2019, 12:30 PM
@Quozar I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

When you go back into the control settings for your character do these show as being changed to reflect the controls in game since changing the boat controls?

Quozar
03-29-2019, 04:00 PM
I set up jump with the space key and changed in the boat setting sail up with n. Returning to the main control settings, jump was now changed to n.
And it looks like all boat control settings share the same commands with the main setting.

Anykeyer
03-29-2019, 05:00 PM
Yep. They use the same profile. Sails up = jump, sails down = interact. Thankfully steering is strafe left/right and not some random set of keys. Swivel guns = precision mode.
I cant make W and S control sails w/o messing ground character controls.
This needs to be reverted to "unremastered" version behavior where controls for character and ship can be changed independently

Ubi-Mullac
03-30-2019, 09:55 AM
Hey!

Thanks for the added information.

I'm not exactly sure on how we are going to be able to provide visual evidence of this to the devs, but I'll write this up and pass it on as feedback to the them.

- Cheers

id0ru107
03-30-2019, 04:44 PM
And CANNON shares the same key with HIGH PROFILE. Changing the key in one menu changes it in both. Liberation has keyboard remapping problems also.

Anykeyer
03-31-2019, 06:08 AM
All keys are shared. I just gave the most problematic examples. Reassigning any key in controls menu changes it in boat controls menu (Aquila isnt a boat btw, she's a ship) and vice versa.
This isnt how original game worked. Even if you look at ini files you'll see the difference. Originals game has
[KeyboardMouse2 DefaultBindings] and [KeyboardMouse2 NavalBindings] sections
while remastered only has [KeyboardMouse2 DefaultBindings] shared between land and sea controls