PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed 2 Remade?

Caythleen
03-28-2019, 05:51 PM
Is there any chance that we can get those games with the same story but modern graphic (face animations etc)? Like for example Resident Evil just made? I would love it.

Unlimitedpowa23
03-28-2019, 06:55 PM
Maybe one day for the next generation of consoles. But I doubt it will be anytime soon, AC2 just got remastered about 2 years ago, best you can hope for is an AC1 remaster.

Caythleen
03-29-2019, 01:25 PM
Maybe one day for the next generation of consoles. But I doubt it will be anytime soon, AC2 just got remastered about 2 years ago, best you can hope for is an AC1 remaster.

It got remastered for PS4 only tho. There is no Ezio's Collection for PC users :/

Sam_Boo26
03-30-2019, 01:15 PM
I have Ezio's collection on PS4 and I think it should be port for PC though. As for AC1, I feel the game didn't age well at all, I can't play it anymore, it's too repetitive. I love the story though, so I'd prefer a full remake in a couple of years than an actual remaster.

Caythleen
03-30-2019, 10:16 PM
I have Ezio's collection on PS4 and I think it should be port for PC though. As for AC1, I feel the game didn't age well at all, I can't play it anymore, it's too repetitive. I love the story though, so I'd prefer a full remake in a couple of years than an actual remaster.

That's my point! I loved the game back then and it was top notch graphic. But I am really spoiled by the graphic standards that are in the current games and I would love it for AC and AC 2. AC3 was still playable even before the remastered version. But I cannot make myself to play the first two parts anymore :D It's just... too ugly now? :D (please don't hate me :D)

Swailing
03-31-2019, 03:49 AM
RE2 also dramatically changed the gameplay. Remastered games only work if the gameplay was exceptionally good in the first place, and AC has been a constant work-in-progress. And the more you take AC2 away from its semi-cartoonish style and towards realism, the more the strange building scale is going to stand out. And the missions themselves really would need to be updated to match even the core elements of the gameplay now, even if you left out a lot of the peripheral stuff.

I would love to see true remakes of AC1 and AC2, but I think they would need to start from scratch as new games that respected the originals and tried to tell more or less the same story and beats, but completely reimagined them as if the originals didn't already exist. And maybe it's better just to leave AC1 and AC2 as they are, but make new games that go to the Middle East and Italy in around the same period, but tell a different story altogether.