PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the verification when i want to reply or quote to someone's post ?

Cheyenne1894
03-28-2019, 11:15 AM
The topic says it all lately I have to verify to a lot of replies/quotes with how many traffic lights I see or store fronts etc etc ?

Am I the only one ( in that case i'm a little worried ) or are there more who experience this ?

OldenOne
03-28-2019, 11:49 AM
Not sure...not seeing this myself.

ProdiGurl
03-28-2019, 12:04 PM
Me either, it's really great not having to keep Logging in all the time :)
Maybe you should do a log out and log in and see if it stops?

Cheyenne1894
03-28-2019, 12:16 PM
Thank you for the replies guys so … so far i'm the only one then I will try that and see if that solves the problem thanks. ;)

Yes same here i'm glad that I do not have to log in every time either.

cawatrooper9
03-28-2019, 02:13 PM
Cheyenne1894,

Yeah, I haven't heard of that before either. My guess is because your account is relatively new?

If it continues happening, let me know.

Cheyenne1894
03-28-2019, 02:18 PM
Cheyenne1894,

Yeah, I haven't heard of that before either. My guess is because your account is relatively new?

Yeah maybe.

Okay i will and thanks. ;)

UbiCosmos
03-29-2019, 11:29 PM
Hey there,

I'll move this to the general Ubisoft forum, to see if someone can answer your question more specifically for you. :)

The_Mighty_Nex
03-30-2019, 01:31 PM
Sounds like your email may not have been verified. If it pops up again and there is a link to verify it just redo it.

Cheyenne1894
03-30-2019, 03:20 PM
Cheyenne1894,

It's still there.

Cheyenne1894
03-30-2019, 03:24 PM
Sounds like your email may not have been verified. If it pops up again and there is a link to verify it just redo it.

There is a possibility that this is the case because i'm here now with Microsoft Edge and I can only verify with Google and if I try to come here with Google it will take like forever to get here.

XBL_Laberbacke
03-30-2019, 06:32 PM
Try posting two more things so you get past 75

UbiChrisMANG
03-30-2019, 06:33 PM
Hmm, interesting for sure. It certainly isn't because you are new, I think that stops at 20 or 25 posts, it's much earlier than your current 74 posts. Besides verified email you can also check to see if there is a setting in your browser to auto clear cookies or history etc. upon shutdown and make sure that is not turned on.

Steve64b
03-31-2019, 12:47 AM
The traffic lights / store front thing sounds like recaptcha to me. Seems like the forum doesn't completely trust you being a person.

Maybe your IP address is on a blacklist, or you're using unconventional browser setups? I doubt the forum will update to reCAPTCHA v2 invisible badge.

Cheyenne1894
03-31-2019, 10:49 AM
Try posting two more things so you get past 75

I think that's not to difficult. :)

Cheyenne1894
03-31-2019, 10:51 AM
Hmm, interesting for sure. It certainly isn't because you are new, I think that stops at 20 or 25 posts, it's much earlier than your current 74 posts. Besides verified email you can also check to see if there is a setting in your browser to auto clear cookies or history etc. upon shutdown and make sure that is not turned on.

My knowledge of computers is almost zero so i'm not really sure what you're talking about here.

Cheyenne1894
03-31-2019, 10:59 AM
The traffic lights / store front thing sounds like recaptcha to me. Seems like the forum doesn't completely trust you being a person.

Maybe your IP address is on a blacklist, or you're using unconventional browser setups? I doubt the forum will update to reCAPTCHA v2 invisible badge.

Well I can assure you that I am a person ... alive and kicking. ;)

So what you're saying here is that i'm rebellious and that I could be on a blacklist ? As much as I like being a rebel from time to time I can assure you that i'm not on a blacklist ( at least not that I know of ).

UbiChrisMANG
04-02-2019, 06:52 PM
My knowledge of computers is almost zero so i'm not really sure what you're talking about here.

Basically it means that at your number of forum posts, that shouldn't be the cause of this issue. As I post this you are currently at 90 posts, are you still experiencing this?

If so check through the settings in your browser to see if the browser is set to clear cookies and history upon shutdown of the browser. If so, set it to NOT clear upon shutdown.

If you do not see any setting like that or if you see them but changing them does not work, our Support team can help you to get this sorted out. You can reach Support in several ways:

If you would like to submit a Support Ticket for help you can do so here:
https://support.ubi.com

You can also reach out to our Facebook and Twitter Support pages here:
https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftSupport/
https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport

Cheyenne1894
04-03-2019, 10:33 AM
Basically it means that at your number of forum posts, that shouldn't be the cause of this issue. As I post this you are currently at 90 posts, are you still experiencing this?

If so check through the settings in your browser to see if the browser is set to clear cookies and history upon shutdown of the browser. If so, set it to NOT clear upon shutdown.

If you do not see any setting like that or if you see them but changing them does not work, our Support team can help you to get this sorted out. You can reach Support in several ways:

If you would like to submit a Support Ticket for help you can do so here:
https://support.ubi.com

You can also reach out to our Facebook and Twitter Support pages here:
https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftSupport/
https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport

Yes i'm still experiencing this with my latest post so 91 I had to verify with how many store fronts I see.

Is that the browser in Microsoft edge ?

UbiChrisMANG
04-03-2019, 07:03 PM
Yes i'm still experiencing this with my latest post so 91 I had to verify with how many store fronts I see.

Is that the browser in Microsoft edge ?

Yes indeed, check out your "Settings" in the Edge browser. It is the triple dot menu on the upper right, when you hover your mouse pointer over it a sub menu will open labeled "Settings and More". From there click on "Settings" at the bottom.

Cheyenne1894
04-05-2019, 12:05 PM
Yes indeed, check out your "Settings" in the Edge browser. It is the triple dot menu on the upper right, when you hover your mouse pointer over it a sub menu will open labeled "Settings and More". From there click on "Settings" at the bottom.

I did that and it's all activated but I think it's fixed because something changed in the last couple of days and I can also put in a quick reply now. But if it happens again I will let you know until then thanks for the help guys. ;)

UbiChrisMANG
04-05-2019, 06:27 PM
That's really good to hear! I will leave this thread open just in case this issue reoccurs for you, feel free to shout out here again if you need additional help.

Enjoy the forums and happy gaming!.