PDA

View Full Version : LA-7 3000 m' and above poor perfomance?

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Hi all

In 3000 m' and more, in horizontal flight, the LA-7's engine behaves poorly and dosen't pull well.In general terms:the plane is very lazy and performs very bad relatively to other front line fighters.
In the data provided in the game it says that LA-7 climb rate to 5000 m' was 4.5 minute.How cant it be when horizontal flight in mid hights is poor?
Am I wrong in my observation or is it a bug in the game?
Please advice
Thnks in advance
gprr

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Hi all

In 3000 m' and more, in horizontal flight, the LA-7's engine behaves poorly and dosen't pull well.In general terms:the plane is very lazy and performs very bad relatively to other front line fighters.
In the data provided in the game it says that LA-7 climb rate to 5000 m' was 4.5 minute.How cant it be when horizontal flight in mid hights is poor?
Am I wrong in my observation or is it a bug in the game?
Please advice
Thnks in advance
gprr

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 03:11 PM
You need to lean out your fuel mixture. Assign a key for each of increase/decrease mixture, and reduce as you gain altitude when the engine starts sounding funny.

The reason for this is as the air gets thinner, there's not enough oxygen to burn all the fuel that goes into the engine, so some of it burns outside the engine producing black smoke, funny noises and poor performance. As you climb, the engine needs more air compared to fuel.

You can also reduce mixture to conserve fuel in exchange for reduced performance, and you can increase it to 120% for a little extra performance on the deck.

German planes have automatic mixture control.

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 03:20 PM
Leaning the mixture essentially means allowing less fuel into the combustion chambers to compensate for the reduced oxygen at altitude. You want to keep an optimum ratio of fuel to air (oxygen) otherwise you lose performance.

Dont forget to richen the mixture again when you want to land. An engine leaned for say 5000m will die due to fuel starvation long before it reaches sea level. (Haven't checked to see if this is so in the game though - in real life it works this way). The reason for this is that you now have a lot of oxygen and too little fuel, which is opposite to the situation you have with an unleaned mixture at high altitude. Neither situation is optimal and will affect performance.

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 03:24 PM
Also don't forget to switch supercharger to stage#2..

<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/sig3.jpg </center>

<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/sig3.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Hi guys
Thanks,you helped me a lot.
gprr