PDA

View Full Version : William's conversation about Desmond and Lucy (POSSIBLE MINOR ACR SPOILERS)

Big_Drew222
12-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Something has been seriously bugging me since I finished Revelations. At the end of one of the sequences, when Desmond is put back on Animus island, you hear one of those conversations between Bill (William), Rebecca and Shawn. Bill asks them how close Desmond and Lucy were, and a few lines later, remarks that he "spent alot of time training them both when they were younger." What I'm wondering is: could Lucy have grown up at The Farm, or known Desmond in some other way before the events of AC1? The way Bill talks about Desmond and Lucy, and his sad reaction to their relationship, makes me wonder if they didn't have some interaction before Desmond was captured by Abstergo. It seems unlikely that Desmond wouldn't remember Lucy, but I just can't get the possibility out of my head.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-11-2011, 11:16 PM
I've actually been contemplating the same thing myself. At that, this is the way that it sounds to me, and I haven't been able to find a decent answer to remedy it.

Agentbarto
12-12-2011, 12:18 AM
I think that he either trained them both but more or less separately or Desmond just didn't recognize her in AC1; keep in mind we can't know if he would really remember her due to slight changes in facial structure and all the repression he tried to conduct on his past. The only way he would remember her is if he had a more profound connection with her as a kid; but it sounds like he was a bit of a loner, and it could simply be Bill mourning the possible "normal" lives of these two kids to whom he is personally tied.

InfectedNation
12-12-2011, 05:57 AM
I read somewhere (I think it was the mini-encyclopedia in my game guide) that William spent a lot of time travelling to different Assassin camps and farms to train young Assassins, which explains why he was present (or mentioned?) in The Fall.
So my guess is that she was trained by William elsewhere.

twenty_glyphs
12-12-2011, 09:51 AM
I would bet the answer is the simple one -- Desmond and Lucy were simply trained separately by William, possibly at different Assassin compounds. If they had known each other as kids and it was some repressed memory, I would have expected them to deal with that in the Desmond's Journey memories, but it was never even hinted at.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Yeah, but we also thought that Lucy's death would of been more directly addressed.

HOIRiIZON
12-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Big_Drew222:
Something has been seriously bugging me since I finished Revelations. At the end of one of the sequences, when Desmond is put back on Animus island, you hear one of those conversations between Bill (William), Rebecca and Shawn. Bill asks them how close Desmond and Lucy were, and a few lines later, remarks that he "spent alot of time training them both when they were younger." What I'm wondering is: could Lucy have grown up at The Farm, or known Desmond in some other way before the events of AC1? The way Bill talks about Desmond and Lucy, and his sad reaction to their relationship, makes me wonder if they didn't have some interaction before Desmond was captured by Abstergo. It seems unlikely that Desmond wouldn't remember Lucy, but I just can't get the possibility out of my head. This game should have started off were brotherhood left off then you wouldnt have questions worst sequel of the year

InfectedNation
12-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by HOIRiIZON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big_Drew222:
Something has been seriously bugging me since I finished Revelations. At the end of one of the sequences, when Desmond is put back on Animus island, you hear one of those conversations between Bill (William), Rebecca and Shawn. Bill asks them how close Desmond and Lucy were, and a few lines later, remarks that he "spent alot of time training them both when they were younger." What I'm wondering is: could Lucy have grown up at The Farm, or known Desmond in some other way before the events of AC1? The way Bill talks about Desmond and Lucy, and his sad reaction to their relationship, makes me wonder if they didn't have some interaction before Desmond was captured by Abstergo. It seems unlikely that Desmond wouldn't remember Lucy, but I just can't get the possibility out of my head. This game should have started off were brotherhood left off then you wouldnt have questions worst sequel of the year </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You made your pointless complaint thread now stop trolling other discussions, idiot.

Locopells
12-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Where the game starts has nothing to do with it - this relates to the Desmond story, OUTSIDE of the Ezio one.

And like InfectedNation said, if you here to push your agenda rather then offer a revelent opinion, bog off...

Guessing the seperate training, same trainer theory would seen the most probable.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HOIRiIZON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big_Drew222:
Something has been seriously bugging me since I finished Revelations. At the end of one of the sequences, when Desmond is put back on Animus island, you hear one of those conversations between Bill (William), Rebecca and Shawn. Bill asks them how close Desmond and Lucy were, and a few lines later, remarks that he "spent alot of time training them both when they were younger." What I'm wondering is: could Lucy have grown up at The Farm, or known Desmond in some other way before the events of AC1? The way Bill talks about Desmond and Lucy, and his sad reaction to their relationship, makes me wonder if they didn't have some interaction before Desmond was captured by Abstergo. It seems unlikely that Desmond wouldn't remember Lucy, but I just can't get the possibility out of my head. This game should have started off were brotherhood left off then you wouldnt have questions worst sequel of the year </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You made your pointless complaint thread now stop trolling other discussions, idiot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I completely agree with HOIRiIZON. Truth of the matter is, they could of picked it up there, alluded to whatever complications may of arisen, allowing us to speculate only slightly beyound where we can now, and made the game a whole hell of a lot more captivating.

InfectedNation
12-12-2011, 12:51 PM
I don't have a problem with him saying where he thinks the game should have started, it's just the fact that he's posted in multiple threads and made his own, moaning about ACR and repeatedly calling it the worst sequel of the year.

Agentbarto
12-12-2011, 02:31 PM
I don't have a problem with him saying where he thinks the game should have started, it's just the fact that he's posted in multiple threads and made his own, moaning about ACR and repeatedly calling it the worst sequel of the year.

If you disagree with his views so much that they bug you enough to warrant the earlier response, then don't read his comments, just brush over them.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-12-2011, 04:25 PM

Along with 50% of the rest of the forum, not counting the trollers who generally seem to think the same thing. Now be civil, and stop whining.

RzaRecta357
12-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Game started just fine. What do you want? To see them carry his lifeless body to the animus? She's dead and buried. Boom. Get over it. Now let's get on with the game.

Maybe a bit more with 16, but oh well. It's a game and stuff happens.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-12-2011, 09:14 PM
And there's one of the other over talked about complaints. S16... not that any of it matters to me, because I agree with that too...

zerocooll21
12-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Or Lucy could have shown up after Desmond ran away.

Something else bothers me though, in that one trailer with red writing all over the walls you could read "Lucy, you will know the truth" or something close to that. Maybe we'll get to see that room finally if those pillars are indeed a DLC doorway.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Does kind of make you wonder what was up with that message doesn't it?

zerocooll21
12-13-2011, 04:17 PM
I know, so disappointed we didn't get to see that room. I went through the whole game expecting for Lucy to find out the truth haha.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-13-2011, 05:57 PM
I didn't even think about it until you mentioned it.

LightRey
12-14-2011, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by zerocooll21:
Or Lucy could have shown up after Desmond ran away.

Something else bothers me though, in that one trailer with red writing all over the walls you could read "Lucy, you will know the truth" or something close to that. Maybe we'll get to see that room finally if those pillars are indeed a DLC doorway.
Isn't that just referring to Lucy being dead? As in, it's not addressed to Lucy, it's about Lucy.

Shaunzy95
12-14-2011, 03:06 AM
Maybe things will be explained more in Assassin's Creed 3 since its more focused on Desmond.

Nomad86x
12-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Well the truth wouldn't be Lucy being dead, I don't think I'm alone in thinking the truth was referring to the reason Juno used Desmond to stab her in the first place. That's a truth that would need explaining, which is why they whetted my appetite with that little teaser about Lucy and truth and stuff :P

zerocooll21
12-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Interesting Lightrey, I didn't even think to read it that way. I suppose anything is possible, it could even be that the truth she was to know was that Desmond had the hots for her haha

Poodle_of_Doom
12-14-2011, 01:50 PM
All very good points gentlemen.