PDA

View Full Version : Labels and quick missions

Ed6269
03-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Again, pleading newby: (Plus the search function is disabled.) Are people playing with labels on? With my machine, maybe it's the resolution, a JU 88 looks like a dot outside 2,000 meters or so. Can't even tell it's a twin engine hardly.
Also: is there a quick way to set up take-of and landing practice using the quick mission builder? Thanks all

Ed6269
03-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Again, pleading newby: (Plus the search function is disabled.) Are people playing with labels on? With my machine, maybe it's the resolution, a JU 88 looks like a dot outside 2,000 meters or so. Can't even tell it's a twin engine hardly.
Also: is there a quick way to set up take-of and landing practice using the quick mission builder? Thanks all

WWSpinDry
03-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Here's the text of a quick-and-dirty TOL drill setup that was given to me:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Take off and landing drill:

Setup (this is for individual training despite creating a multiplayer server to fly on):

Open Il-2, select "Multiplay"

Select "Create New Server"

Enter a name for your server (no one will actually join it but you, so the name doesn't matter)

Select "Dogfight" (should be the default)

Select number of players (at least one &lt;duh&gt; )

Under "Mission type", select "3"

Select "Dogfight 6" mission (should be the first one)

Set your preferred difficulty settings via the "Difficulty" button; return.

Select the "Load" button.

Okay... now you see the circular island arrangement of the map. Select the top-most island as your home base, then select the aircraft you want to fly. All flyable aircraft are available, choose whatever suits you.

Ordnance default, 100% fuel.

The meat and potatoes of the drill: Take off and land at your home base repeatedly. Note that venturing near any other base or the center islands will result in you getting shot at by flack. The island at 11 o'clock is unoccupied, so use that for safe passage around your home field. To "pass", make an even dozen take-offs and (full stop) landings without bending your chosen bird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DooDaH2007
03-29-2007, 03:12 PM
or press quick mission, choose your aircraft and select defense=none...

press fly and an airstrip will be right in front of you...

Bearcat99
03-29-2007, 07:14 PM
You might want to cycle through your Alt+I a few times. That will cycle through the view settings for icons if they are oh. I have left them off on my PC and hopped into coops with them on from time to time and didn't realize it because I had them off.

WWSpinDry
03-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Can't that be user-defined? I mention it because for me it's the U key; he might not have Alt+I defined the same. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Zeus-cat
03-29-2007, 08:40 PM
I created a takeoff and landing campaign that can be downloaded here.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=2147

It also comes with many single missions too.

Ed6269
03-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks all, as always