PDA

View Full Version : The Zeke vs Wildcat Pacific Fighters merged server is up and running on HL

Osirisx9
01-28-2005, 04:56 PM
I would like to envite all of you who appreciate the early birds and historical matchups to check out the "Zeke vs Wildcat"server on HL. The IP for this server is 69.9.37.146:21005 . This server features the historic and classic matchup of the Zeke A6m21 and the Wildcat f4f-4 and objective based missions. As you may know they are early pacific war aircraft but their battles in the Pacific are legendary. One battle that will be included on the server is the Battle of the Coral Sea. It's not on the server yet but there are four other objective based missions that are allot of fun. The reason why these to aircraft are the backbone of the server is becaused they are so evenly matched and they have allot of character.They are pretty easy to fly and you can really learn the basics of dogfighting flying them. Some of you may disagree but a well flown Wildcat can handle the Zeke. Altitude and speed, with a well place burst from the 6 pack are the keys to success. Just dont try to turn to close to the Zeke. Besides one 3 second burst can shred the A6m21 real quick. Also we have another mission on the server that includes the Ki-43, brewster buffalo and, and the P-40E. The Icon settings are Friendly name 2k , friendly type 1k and Foe type 1K. I must also add that minimap path and speedbar are on for those of you who dont read Japanese. There are pleanty of carriers for you to take off and land on and most of the missions have land bases with the same identical plane selection. Also I must add that the distances are reasonable. You will not be flying over water from horizon to horizon looking for action. The server is up and running 24/7 so please enjoy. BTW we were the guys who hosted the 109F4 vs SpitfireVb server and P-40s versus Zekes before Pacific Fighters was released. Salute to all

RAF238thOsiris
www.warbirdsofprey.org (http://www.warbirdsofprey.org)

Osirisx9
01-28-2005, 04:56 PM
I would like to envite all of you who appreciate the early birds and historical matchups to check out the "Zeke vs Wildcat"server on HL. The IP for this server is 69.9.37.146:21005 . This server features the historic and classic matchup of the Zeke A6m21 and the Wildcat f4f-4 and objective based missions. As you may know they are early pacific war aircraft but their battles in the Pacific are legendary. One battle that will be included on the server is the Battle of the Coral Sea. It's not on the server yet but there are four other objective based missions that are allot of fun. The reason why these to aircraft are the backbone of the server is becaused they are so evenly matched and they have allot of character.They are pretty easy to fly and you can really learn the basics of dogfighting flying them. Some of you may disagree but a well flown Wildcat can handle the Zeke. Altitude and speed, with a well place burst from the 6 pack are the keys to success. Just dont try to turn to close to the Zeke. Besides one 3 second burst can shred the A6m21 real quick. Also we have another mission on the server that includes the Ki-43, brewster buffalo and, and the P-40E. The Icon settings are Friendly name 2k , friendly type 1k and Foe type 1K. I must also add that minimap path and speedbar are on for those of you who dont read Japanese. There are pleanty of carriers for you to take off and land on and most of the missions have land bases with the same identical plane selection. Also I must add that the distances are reasonable. You will not be flying over water from horizon to horizon looking for action. The server is up and running 24/7 so please enjoy. BTW we were the guys who hosted the 109F4 vs SpitfireVb server and P-40s versus Zekes before Pacific Fighters was released. Salute to all

RAF238thOsiris
www.warbirdsofprey.org (http://www.warbirdsofprey.org)

VBF-83_Hawk
01-28-2005, 05:53 PM
Any chance you can add the F4U-1A for "The Slot"...even though the slot map isnt here? Maybe put them on a rear base further from the fighting area.

Either way, thanks for posting the information. What type of settings will be used?

LWulffe_Dumbo
01-31-2005, 10:25 PM
Salute, Osirisx9!

Excellent choices, sir! I just tried it tonight and had a ball. Got my you-know-what handed to me, but loads of fun nevertheless.

BTW, I really enjoyed the "P-40s v. Zekes" server before I got Pacific Fighters.

I absolutely love these historical match-ups...keep 'em coming!!!!

Blackdog5555
01-31-2005, 11:18 PM
Thank you very much; Will take u up on the invite. Been waiting for a server like yours. Nice to see folks who enjoy recreating history (a bit)> cheers.

Latico
01-31-2005, 11:33 PM
I was in there tonight, but I was flying the SBD and ground pounding. Hope that wsn't concidered "cheating". Figured maybe I get some cover by the fighters.

But ya know what? I still got a kill or 2 out of my back seat. LOL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Not to mention that I blew some armed fishing boats out of the water with skip bombing. Something I never did before.

Bucketrider
02-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Definitely trying this out soon! Loved your P-40 vs. Zekes server also...good times.

ChicagoChad
02-01-2005, 12:41 PM
I had a great time last night! Thanks for the lag-free server!

[Gypsy]
02-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Flew your server last Sat.. S! most excellent... will be back..

VMF-214_HaVoK
02-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Great server! Maybe you could rotate some Hellcat vs Zero in there as well? Id say Corsair but then you would have a hard time keep sides even I would imagine, even though the Zero matches up well.

Osirisx9
02-01-2005, 02:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
Great server! Maybe you could rotate some Hellcat vs Zero in there as well? Id say Corsair but then you would have a hard time keep sides even I would imagine, even though the Zero matches up well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL you must be reading my mind. In fact there are a couple of missions in the works that will include a hellcat the f6f versus the Zeke A6m5.

VMF-214_HaVoK
02-01-2005, 03:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Osirisx9:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
Great server! Maybe you could rotate some Hellcat vs Zero in there as well? Id say Corsair but then you would have a hard time keep sides even I would imagine, even though the Zero matches up well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL you must be reading my mind. In fact there are a couple of missions in the works that will include a hellcat the f6f versus the Zeke A6m5. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Excellent news! Thanks

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-02-2005, 06:01 AM
A little bumpage. This server is a hoot, be sure.

Wilburnator
02-02-2005, 11:07 AM
I played there last night for the first time. It was great fun, for sure.

stevedeth2004
02-02-2005, 11:11 AM
I had some problems with HL adding some files to my computer, can you just join a server by starting the program and entering the IP address?

SD

Tallyho1961
02-02-2005, 11:27 AM
I checked in this morning. As a Wildcat fan this is for me. I'll be back.

S!