PDA

View Full Version : for the love of god NERF berserker

allenhollow
03-22-2019, 08:18 PM
he is irritating especially in the hands of pro players lot of feints,fast attacks,AND THE HYPER ARMOR after two hits
PLZ NERF HIM !!

Goat_of_Vermund
03-22-2019, 08:43 PM
You don't even need two hits, just a feint and a normal attack after that.

allenhollow
03-22-2019, 08:50 PM
wow XD

RagingtheReturn
03-22-2019, 10:36 PM
Zerker for sure needs some of that hyper armor stripped away and lower some of his damage but I hate to say just flat nerf. Ubi has had a track record of if something is "Nerfed" it just means they make the character useless and I would hate to see that happen to zerker because he is a unique character and adds something to the game. I definitely agree though that hyper armor and maybe some number changes in damage might be needed. And no before someone accuses me of being light on what I think needs changed because i play him, I dont play beserker. I have maybe 12 levels into him. I dont enjoy his play style but there definitely is a niche that he fills as far as his playstyle is.

Knight_Raime
03-22-2019, 10:46 PM
Really the only change i'd make is an adjustment to his damage numbers. At the very least his feinted into from neutral light needs a damage nerf.
Any other nerf would be a mistake imo.

RagingtheReturn
03-22-2019, 11:03 PM
Really the only change i'd make is an adjustment to his damage numbers. At the very least his feinted into from neutral light needs a damage nerf.
Any other nerf would be a mistake imo.

Yeah damage numbers for sure but I guess from a fighter perspective my biggest frustration is the amount of attacks he has hyper armor on. I can live with his damage the way it is if he lost some of the hyper armor. I just have troubles with how hes this character that you kinda have to let themselves keep spamming their feints and attacks and tire themselves out then you try and combo them. At least for me thats how I treat it because I dont know any other way to fight him. if i try and light him to interrupt him i just eat the damage due to his HA and the light was all for nothing.

If you know a good way to fight him otherwise though I would definitely love to hear it.

FlyinBeef
03-22-2019, 11:17 PM
The best nerf for him will be a damage nerf.
Light after heavy/Light after feint - 13dmg, instead of 15dmg.
Side heavy from neutral - 30dmg, instead of 33dmg.
Top heavy from neutral - 35dmg, instead of 38dmg.
Zone - 20dmg (5dmg x 4 times), instead of 24dmg (6dmg x 4 times) and now it is normally parryable if blocked.

BaelinFisherman
03-23-2019, 12:50 AM
The best nerf for him will be a damage nerf.
Light after heavy/Light after feint - 13dmg, instead of 15dmg.
Side heavy from neutral - 30dmg, instead of 33dmg.
Top heavy from neutral - 35dmg, instead of 38dmg.
Zone - 20dmg (5dmg x 4 times), instead of 24dmg (6dmg x 4 times) and now it is normally parryable if blocked.

No, completely disagree. If he is going to have hyper on literally everything he does, then these numbers are still much too high, especially for an "assassin."

Light after heavy/Light after feint - 12dmg, instead of 15dmg.
Side heavy from neutral - 28 dmg, instead of 33dmg.
Top heavy from neutral - 30 dmg, instead of 38dmg.
Zone - 16dmg (4dmg x 4 times), instead of 24dmg (6dmg x 4 times) and now it is normally parryable if blocked.

FlyinBeef
03-23-2019, 01:19 AM
No, completely disagree. If he is going to have hyper on literally everything he does, then these numbers are still much too high, especially for an "assassin."

Light after heavy/Light after feint - 12dmg, instead of 15dmg.
Side heavy from neutral - 28 dmg, instead of 33dmg.
Top heavy from neutral - 30 dmg, instead of 38dmg.
Zone - 16dmg (4dmg x 4 times), instead of 24dmg (6dmg x 4 times) and now it is normally parryable if blocked.

Your damage numbers are too low, he will become next PK, cause attacking is dealing more damage to him than to the opponent, he will be top B-Tier, new mediocre character, why his neutral heavies should be 28dmg and 30dmg? And why his zone should be 16? Is it 400ms? It is PK damage numbers (her zone 15dmg), even Orochi have 20dmg for zone and 35dmg for light parry and gb.

BaelinFisherman
03-23-2019, 01:21 AM
Your damage numbers are too low, he will become next PK, cause attacking is dealing more damage to him than to the opponent, he will be top B-Tier, new mediocre character, why his neutral heavies should be 28dmg and 30dmg? And why his zone should be 16? Is it 400ms? It is PK damage numbers (her zone 15dmg), even Orochi have 20dmg for zone and 35dmg for light parry and gb.

Because of all of his hyper armor. All he has to do is feint. A static feint, and he has hyper on his subsequent attack. It's too good. They need to either nerf his damage by a LOT, since he will be landing a crap ton of hits, or keep his damage and take away some of that hyper armor.

UbiInsulin
03-23-2019, 02:01 AM
HA and damage have been recurring themes in Berserker posts. I'll reiterate these suggestions to the team!

FlyinBeef
03-23-2019, 02:46 AM
Because of all of his hyper armor. All he has to do is feint. A static feint, and he has hyper on his subsequent attack. It's too good. They need to either nerf his damage by a LOT, since he will be landing a crap ton of hits, or keep his damage and take away some of that hyper armor.
A lot of characters can make equal or more profitable trade with him, if you will nerf his damage too much people will just trade with him, because it will be profitable or people will just reading, parry and win by punishes, if you will delete some HA people will just throwing light and interrupting everything. Your changes just contribute to the appearance turtle meta, when people just starring and don't attack, cause for on average this damage is not in their favor. He should have decent damage and HA. 15 for 400ms light for character with HA and feints are too much, my mainly suggestion is make 13dmg lights, if you will make 12 then he will be trash, he just die faster than the opponent. He is assasin, you know what happened with PK after same damage nerf.

Knight_Raime
03-23-2019, 01:42 PM
Yeah damage numbers for sure but I guess from a fighter perspective my biggest frustration is the amount of attacks he has hyper armor on. I can live with his damage the way it is if he lost some of the hyper armor. I just have troubles with how hes this character that you kinda have to let themselves keep spamming their feints and attacks and tire themselves out then you try and combo them. At least for me thats how I treat it because I dont know any other way to fight him. if i try and light him to interrupt him i just eat the damage due to his HA and the light was all for nothing.

If you know a good way to fight him otherwise though I would definitely love to hear it.

Berzerker is one of the two (that I know of ) heros who don't really have bad match ups. Because of this they don't have any inherent weakness for you to exploit. Berzerker's two soft counters are range and whiffs. Berzerker can sort of deal with both. as his moves give him constant (albeit small) amounts of forward momentum. And he can cancel most of his recoveries. My best approach has always been sitting at edge range for my hero forcing berzerker to come to me and risk getting poked. And if he tries to parry an interrupt I usually condition that so I end up feinting and parrying or GBing him on his parry/deflect attempt.

Tyrjo
03-23-2019, 07:11 PM
A lot of characters can make equal or more profitable trade with him, if you will nerf his damage too much people will just trade with him, because it will be profitable or people will just reading, parry and win by punishes, if you will delete some HA people will just throwing light and interrupting everything. Your changes just contribute to the appearance turtle meta, when people just starring and don't attack, cause for on average this damage is not in their favor. He should have decent damage and HA. 15 for 400ms light for character with HA and feints are too much, my mainly suggestion is make 13dmg lights, if you will make 12 then he will be trash, he just die faster than the opponent. He is assasin, you know what happened with PK after same damage nerf.

PK never had any hyper armor or anywhere near the same type of feint game though. Zerker needs his damage tuned down a notch.

Sweaty_Sock
03-24-2019, 11:01 AM
Problem is with Hyper Armour - there really needs to be two types, one that ignores lights, one that ignores all hits

Zombie.Face
03-25-2019, 01:32 AM
yea he is broken in 1v1 situations. why does he need hyper armor on everything along with ridiculous speed after feints. i bet even with the big damage nerf he would still be the best 1v1 char in the game.

Inzzane_79
03-25-2019, 08:55 AM
Why an Assassin has hyperarmor is still beyond my understanding. I can understand that big, slow guys have that. Makes sense there. But Assassin?

Darkmight_cz
03-25-2019, 11:22 AM
Why an Assassin has hyperarmor is still beyond my understanding. I can understand that big, slow guys have that. Makes sense there. But Assassin?

Exactly this IS going through my mind since his rework which transform him into full HA unstoppable monster - in the hands of good player of course.

Sweaty_Sock
03-25-2019, 11:25 AM
Damage should be safe & easy to land or risky & hard hitting. Making easy to land safe hardhitting is confusing...

EDIT: to reiterate something i;ve said before there needs to be two hyper armours, one for lights only and one for all attacks. zerk should be master of light trades

Kamen42
03-26-2019, 03:15 PM
i just have a question for all who suggest this. If you guys remove his HA after feinting. Are you prepared for his feint into light spam? Because if you remove his HA on heavies after feint, this is what you are going to get.

Just look at Zerkers' openers options. He has nothing really. No kick with a guaranteed light afterwards, no shield bash with a guaranteed light. All he has is a very counterable heavy cancel into a dodge. Apart of that the only things he can rely on are his normal attacks and a zone.

If you open with a heavy, you get parried. If you open with a light, you get blocked and the chain ends. Feinting is his only option to trick the opponent and start the attacks, so how exactly do you people want to make him viable if you take that away?

If you do that, all you get are berserkers that only spams light after feints and nothing else. Are you ready for that? This practice is already seen as one of the most annoying, but removing the hyperarmor will only encourage this.

The fast lights are the only really strong thing about him. I believe if his lights after feint were the same speed as normal openers, 500ms instead of 400ms, and yes, remove the hyperarmor because it doesn't really do anything on an opening light, he would be completely fine. His HA heavies after feint? Would you really have a problem countering that?

One small note on the zone. Yes, it does 24 damage, which is more than most zones. But unlike other zones, if you block the first hit, you can easily parry any of the three other hits. So the 4 extra damage is just a compensation for the increased punishability.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
03-26-2019, 04:05 PM
Let's be understanding because all characters who are nerfed also need a buff to still make the viable. What nerfs and buffs do you think Berserker should get?

Goat_of_Vermund
03-26-2019, 05:47 PM
He has to lose HA on lights, and his zone should be way weaker in damage. He also shouldn't have the ability to cancel both heavies and recoveries by dodge.

Buffs... well, he has no weakness, he needs none.

Kamen42
03-26-2019, 06:26 PM
He has to lose HA on lights, and his zone should be way weaker in damage. He also shouldn't have the ability to cancel both heavies and recoveries by dodge.

Buffs... well, he has no weakness, he needs none.

Has to lose HA.
Okay... I don't see why THIS is such an issue. Personally I don't really encounter situations where this would help.

Weaker zone?
If you block the first hit you can easily punish any of the three consecutive hits, because of this it is much more punishable than most other zones. Just parry whenever.

His ability to cancel by dodge.
Which one would you remove? The one for the heavy openers? This one doesn't really work anyway. If you try that, you are giving your opponent a free light parry. The one after a whiff? Well, if the zerker whiffs his attack, you probably dodged. In which case if he cancels the recovery with a dodge, you can GB him.

No weakness?
Openers. If the opponent doesn't suck at blocking, the zerker has no way to open them.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
03-26-2019, 08:11 PM
Has to lose HA.
Okay... I don't see why THIS is such an issue. Personally I don't really encounter situations where this would help.

Weaker zone?
If you block the first hit you can easily punish any of the three consecutive hits, because of this it is much more punishable than most other zones. Just parry whenever.

His ability to cancel by dodge.
Which one would you remove? The one for the heavy openers? This one doesn't really work anyway. If you try that, you are giving your opponent a free light parry. The one after a whiff? Well, if the zerker whiffs his attack, you probably dodged. In which case if he cancels the recovery with a dodge, you can GB him.

No weakness?
Openers. If the opponent doesn't suck at blocking, the zerker has no way to open them.

Thanks. I really didn't want to deal with someone who doesn't play or know anything about Berserker. But yes. Hyper armor on lights should not be a thing for any character. Hyper armor on Heavies however I agree with. He needs more options to do like a new chain, faster heavies, and instant guardbreak on deflect would all be good thing to give if we take away hyper armor on lights, and tone down damage on regular heavies and lights.

Goat_of_Vermund
03-27-2019, 12:25 AM
No openers? 400ms lights, two different ublockables (one of them directly after basically any attacks) which can be feinted into anything (including 400ms lights). And all of them are hyperarmored too... And just in case, you can dodge out from any heavies into an undodgable light if you suspect some kind of dodge (hyperarmor makes you basically invulnerable to normal dodge attacks). He is hands down the best in offense.

I was about to write a longer answer regarding all your points, but I can't take you seriously after you write down something this ridiculous.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
03-27-2019, 03:02 AM
No openers? 400ms lights, two different ublockables (one of them directly after basically any attacks) which can be feinted into anything (including 400ms lights). And all of them are hyperarmored too... And just in case, you can dodge out from any heavies into an undodgable light if you suspect some kind of dodge (hyperarmor makes you basically invulnerable to normal dodge attacks). He is hands down the best in offense.

I was about to write a longer answer regarding all your points, but I can't take you seriously after you write down something this ridiculous.

Your points are pretty well said except a few. One Berserker has little health and can't trade too much. Berserker after the update has had new animations which now make his attacks super easy to predict. After the latest update as well, Berserker cannot anti-gank and do as good as he used to anymore due to the revenge bug. He can't get nerfed unless he was also given a buff. So, take away hyper armor on light, tone down the damage a bit and you have basically a character that can't compete against most characters that are purely based on countering and bashing like Black Prior, Warden, Conq, Shugoki and etc. If you did nerf him with this but then buff him with another buff such three of the few like faster heavies, new moveset, instant guardbreak on deflect, 360 heavy feint, or even a bash which I really don't want because of all the bash like characters, then he would be great to play and better to deal with.

Kamen42
03-27-2019, 12:21 PM

By openers I mean ways to initiate combat. Do you really list his two unblockables as openers?
His third finisher - you have to do two heavies before that. Usually one of the first hits gets parried. How do you count that as an opener?
His top heavy unblockable. I like how everybody mentions this as an issue when talking about Zerker but somehow forget a lot of other characters have the same option, some of them even stronger than Zerker's top heavy unblockable.
Warden - top heavy as second attack - unblockable. Does more damage.
JJ - heavy as a second attack - unblockable. Same speed, can be done from any side, does more damage.
Raider - zone, can be done as a second attack, does 40% more damage, can be soft feinted into a light tap.
BP - from bulwark - can do an unblockable as a second attack, Same damage, faster, can be followed up by another attack.
Shaman - left heavy as second attack - unblockable, more damage, slower, but can be soft feinted into a GB or dodge. If hits, can be followed by a stab.
Highlander - from offensive stance, can be done even as first attack. Faster, does more damage, can be done from any side, can be soft feinted into three things (light, kick, grab).
Kensei, Centurion, Gladiator, Shugo. All these have a potential unblockable as a second attack. Why is it that Zerker's second top heavy unblockable is such a huge problem and no one ever mentions the others?

Dodge ANY heavies? No, you can only dodge the heavy opener. Get your facts straight. And since everyone is already expecting the feint into light, the heavy opener cancel into dodge attack is a much more dangerous choice since it gives the opponent a lot more time to react. Prove me wrong.

And 400 ms lights? His opening lights are 500ms. Top light opener is even 600ms. The 400ms are in chain or after feint, so you are already telegraphing that you are going to do something. But as I already said, I agree that this is annoying and the lights after a feint should be the normal light opener speed.

Other openers? He has nothing. No shield bash, no kick, no punch. His only usable opener is the infamous light after feint.

Prove me wrong. What openers (ways to initiate) does he have according to you? Enlighten me.

Goat_of_Vermund
03-27-2019, 01:23 PM
Openers are not attacks initiating combat, openers are attacks that are opening opponents, forcing them to commit to a parry or dodge. By your definition, zerk has the heavy feint into light as opener.

Neither of the moves you listed has both hyperarmor and a feint option into a 400ms light with hyperarmor. This means this move beats dodge attacks, optionselects and quick lights. Your opponent is forced to parry. You can also feint it into hyperarmored heavies, normal/backward zones and guardbreaks, so it is even versitile. This mixup alone is better than some heroes' entire kit.

I did not say all lights are 400, I said he has 400s. Even other fast characters has a handful of fast lights, not all.
I don't know which you can dodge, but even if only openers and recoveries, it is strong. And the lights counter rolls, though they are risky of corse, as all dodge attacks.

He has the 400ms lights from all directions after a feint, the top heavy and the bearmauler finisher as openers. Most characters don't have 3 openers, and I don't think there are any other who has 3 hyperarmored opener.
If we consider ways to initiate: heavy feint into 400ms light into top if hits, heavy into top heavy, any whiff into top heavy. I only see these from opponents. They all work pretty well.

Ps: Did you really listed cent heavy here? That is unfeintable after it is unblockable, it is parryable 10 times out of 10 safely. Unless you are thrown into someone of course.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
03-27-2019, 08:32 PM
Openers are not attacks initiating combat, openers are attacks that are opening opponents, forcing them to commit to a parry or dodge. By your definition, zerk has the heavy feint into light as opener.

Neither of the moves you listed has both hyperarmor and a feint option into a 400ms light with hyperarmor. This means this move beats dodge attacks, optionselects and quick lights. Your opponent is forced to parry. You can also feint it into hyperarmored heavies, normal/backward zones and guardbreaks, so it is even versitile. This mixup alone is better than some heroes' entire kit.

I did not say all lights are 400, I said he has 400s. Even other fast characters has a handful of fast lights, not all.
I don't know which you can dodge, but even if only openers and recoveries, it is strong. And the lights counter rolls, though they are risky of corse, as all dodge attacks.

He has the 400ms lights from all directions after a feint, the top heavy and the bearmauler finisher as openers. Most characters don't have 3 openers, and I don't think there are any other who has 3 hyperarmored opener.
If we consider ways to initiate: heavy feint into 400ms light into top if hits, heavy into top heavy, any whiff into top heavy. I only see these from opponents. They all work pretty well.

Ps: Did you really listed cent heavy here? That is unfeintable after it is unblockable, it is parryable 10 times out of 10 safely. Unless you are thrown into someone of course.

Before you showed prejudice against Berserker, and were completely bias towards him just being nerfed. Why can't you agree to taking away while also giving?

Cheeeeeezzzzz
03-27-2019, 11:10 PM
What else does he need?
He's got hyperarmored 400 ms light feints, an endless chain, undodgeable dodge attacks, unblockables, hyperarmor on basically everything, great damage, an amazing zone attack and the safest deflect (debatable)

That's not the point, Rottmeister. If you saw my earlier comment I was talking about if he was to get a nerf, that he would also need a buff to keep him at bay at either S or A tier. Is that hard to understand? I was saying if he got a nerf taking away hyper armor away from lights, and nerfing damage that they should give him a new moveset, add instant guardbreak on deflect, and faster heavies. Either way

rottmeister
03-27-2019, 11:36 PM
That's not the point, Rottmeister. If you saw my earlier comment I was talking about if he was to get a nerf, that he would also need a buff to keep him at bay at either S or A tier. Is that hard to understand? I was saying if he got a nerf taking away hyper armor away from lights, and nerfing damage that they should give him a new moveset, add instant guardbreak on deflect, and faster heavies. Either way

That comment should've disappeared from the face of the earth. I deleted it because I saw your earlier comment after I posted it and I'm not in the mood to read it and respond to it properly since it's half past 12 AM. G'night

Tyrjo
03-28-2019, 07:45 AM

I hope you understand that the devs aren't going to do a huge overhaul on something that isn't truly broken. Changing so many things with Berserker at a whim may have consequences that cannot be predicted, and they may end up breaking more than they are fixing. You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I think the chances are slim to none for something drastic being changed about Berserker.

If anything Berserker needs a slight nerf to the damage. The HA is what makes him unique and it's very fitting historically for a Berserker to have a lot of HA. I don't think he should loose any of it.

Openers? Well, he has one already and you want another?

Goat_of_Vermund
03-28-2019, 11:52 AM
I am not biased about berserker. I saw lots of games with him involved, and I tried to defeat them with various characters. I don't think he needs anything at all, his kit gives him great defense, and his offense is clearly the best (I counted shaolin too, at least he deals less damage and you can hit him out). I really don't think he needs anything, he already has far more than others, taking at least a little is justified.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
03-28-2019, 02:14 PM
I hope you understand that the devs aren't going to do a huge overhaul on something that isn't truly broken. Changing so many things with Berserker at a whim may have consequences that cannot be predicted, and they may end up breaking more than they are fixing. You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I think the chances are slim to none for something drastic being changed about Berserker.

If anything Berserker needs a slight nerf to the damage. The HA is what makes him unique and it's very fitting historically for a Berserker to have a lot of HA. I don't think he should loose any of it.

Openers? Well, he has one already and you want another?

You're true about his hyper armor and how it would make since historically due to one berserker in the Icelandic sagas fighting an entire army with a spear stuck inside him. Like I said. IF HE GOT A NERF they would also need to buff him. IF. Key word is if by the way lol. You seem to know the logic behind berserker and don't seem to complain about it. I like ya.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
03-28-2019, 02:15 PM
I am not biased about berserker. I saw lots of games with him involved, and I tried to defeat them with various characters. I don't think he needs anything at all, his kit gives him great defense, and his offense is clearly the best (I counted shaolin too, at least he deals less damage and you can hit him out). I really don't think he needs anything, he already has far more than others, taking at least a little is justified.

Your taking a little means hyper armor on lights, damage, and speed. I don't think that's a little. However I think he is fine the way he is.

Straight4ward
08-06-2019, 08:42 PM
I used to main him and at high level gameplay his mix up potential fades. Beserker needs to get into his combos to apply pressure. He can throw a random light into it or feint and go into it. His random light is easily parriable. I just throw a guard break at them as they try to go into their mix ups. You guys should really play the character because his offense folds after you know the matchup.

AmonDarkGod
08-06-2019, 09:10 PM
He is fine the way he is just parry his lights and his HA gets nullified

Goat_of_Vermund
08-07-2019, 12:04 AM
Yeah. They are not 400ms after any heavy feint or anything like that, just parry his lights.

The_B0G_
08-07-2019, 01:30 PM
^ This. Lol.

"Just parry him" great contribution.

Goat_of_Vermund
08-07-2019, 01:36 PM
I was sarcastic.

TOCKSYK
08-07-2019, 02:03 PM
I was sarcastic.

I think it was meant for Amon. He noticed your sarcasm and quoted it to solidify your point

The_B0G_
08-07-2019, 02:13 PM
I think it was meant for Amon. He noticed your sarcasm and quoted it to solidify your point

Exactly. Parrying a 400ms light after a heavy feint isn't something you can just parry, it's a ridiculous statement. It would have to be guessed correctly to parry.

Goat_of_Vermund
08-07-2019, 02:30 PM
At least the damage was nerfed on that a little.

The_B0G_
08-07-2019, 02:41 PM
Yes but you still have to make a parry or wait until the zerker tires himself out before you can counter attack due to his abundant HA.

AmonDarkGod
08-07-2019, 03:25 PM
Exactly. Parrying a 400ms light after a heavy feint isn't something you can just parry, it's a ridiculous statement. It would have to be guessed correctly to parry.

I mean 400ms is still reactable with enough practice... If it was not something u cant just parry as u said ppl wont be able to beat feinting Berserkers which is wrong because they do beat them all the time. He is one of the hardest fighters to beat especially in duels but its possible. How would u nerf Zerk anyway? Changing the mouse tuning options from advanced controls helps a lot maybe try that

The_B0G_
08-07-2019, 06:04 PM
I mean 400ms is still reactable with enough practice... If it was not something u cant just parry as u said ppl wont be able to beat feinting Berserkers which is wrong because they do beat them all the time. He is one of the hardest fighters to beat especially in duels but its possible. How would u nerf Zerk anyway? Changing the mouse tuning options from advanced controls helps a lot maybe try that

That's where the disconnect between our opinions are, I play on console, like the majority of the player base. Good luck parrying zerker enough to get a win before his HA wrecks you.

I usually have to roll away from his HA combo just so I can try to get a hit when he chases after me. Who knows if that'll even work now with the roll nerf.

From what I hear, 400ms isn't very hard to deal with on PC, but on console, 400ms is a guess, every time.

TOCKSYK
08-07-2019, 06:22 PM
You beat fire with fire. Play Shugoki or Hitokiri and you will be just about on par with Zerk. Play someone with a bash and your chances to win get slightly higher. Play someone with no bash and no hyper armor PK, Cent (cause his bashes are useless, Ara and Gladiator (same as cent) and you are going to lose most likely.

He always was the best duelist, but idk..I mean..Raider could beat Zerk I think, unless it's one of those Zerks that just spam feint into light and don't do a heavy mix up

The_B0G_
08-07-2019, 06:35 PM
Pretty much every zerk spams feint into light attack. At least until you're low health, then the heavy's and GB's come out.

Knight_Raime
08-07-2019, 07:01 PM
Pretty much every zerk spams feint into light attack. At least until you're low health, then the heavy's and GB's come out.

Honestly the speed of his light isn't as important as the delay window you're given to input said light. With zerk mains you can very easily mess with someone's timings if you can consistently delay or vary up your input timing. The speed certainly helps but it wouldn't be anywhere near as strong without that delay window. The launch patch essentially increased his hits needed to kill by 2. So it should be a bit easier on handling him.

The_B0G_
08-07-2019, 07:02 PM
Honestly the speed of his light isn't as important as the delay window you're given to input said light. With zerk mains you can very easily mess with someone's timings if you can consistently delay or vary up your input timing. The speed certainly helps but it wouldn't be anywhere near as strong without that delay window. The launch patch essentially increased his hits needed to kill by 2. So it should be a bit easier on handling him.

This is why we keep you around Raime, you know things.

Knight_Raime
08-07-2019, 07:07 PM
This is why we keep you around Raime, you know things.

well, I couldn't afford to be an arrogant tool on the forums if I couldn't actually back up my comments now could I?

The_B0G_
08-07-2019, 07:11 PM
When you're right, you're right lol

AmonDarkGod
08-07-2019, 07:46 PM
Maybe its about time they separated pc and console base for good. Also is it true that the majority is console based? I thought majority is PC based...

allenhollow
08-07-2019, 09:18 PM
for the love of god NERF berserker to the ground

The_B0G_
08-07-2019, 10:01 PM
Maybe its about time they separated pc and console base for good. Also is it true that the majority is console based? I thought majority is PC based...

Events on PS4 have usually 70k+ in the ranking numbers. Not sure of the exact numbers but Pc is usually around 5-7k as far as I know.

I never wait more than 20-30 seconds to get in a Dominion, usually balanced matchmaking as well, as far as "skill on par" goes.

Goat_of_Vermund
08-07-2019, 10:41 PM
I think it's actually around 10k, but far less anyway.

I don't think they will ever balance console differently, would take huge amounts of resources without the hope of gaining anything but gratitude in return.