PDA

View Full Version : Something changed with deflect?

TicioQ
03-22-2019, 12:17 PM
Hi,

I was wondering is something had change with the deflect move.

I知 having a lot of difficulties to pull the move, i知 Always too early or too late.

Something really changed or I知 just getting old and loosing reflexes?

Halvtand
03-22-2019, 02:09 PM
Well, you ARE getting older, that's pretty much how time works.
But nah, it's probably just something to do with timing. The latest changes to matchmaking have (as far as I can see) opened up for more people with high latency and bad connections to join servers, so if you are facing more people like that, of course the already tight timing to pull off a deflect will be even tighter.

atac56
03-22-2019, 03:48 PM
Well, you ARE getting older, that's pretty much how time works.
But nah, it's probably just something to do with timing. The latest changes to matchmaking have (as far as I can see) opened up for more people with high latency and bad connections to join servers, so if you are facing more people like that, of course the already tight timing to pull off a deflect will be even tighter.

extra emphasis on the high latency and bad connections. i've definitely been seeing that more often

EvoX.
03-22-2019, 09:20 PM
Yeah, deflect was changed for the worse. Dodging was buffed in the 31st of January patch, granting the i-frames earlier, which subsequently affected deflect's active frames - instead of the old 67ms window to deflect, which was already too low, it is now 33ms. This means that on a PC running the game at 60 fps, you have only two frames in which the deflect will happen, while on console's 30fps, you have only a single frame. This makes them incredibly difficult and inconsistent to pull off, so that's why you've felt that.

Note that this only applies to side deflects. Since forward dodges don't grant i-frames, they retain their old value of 200ms active deflect frames, meaning top deflects are still very much viable. The same also goes for undodgable attacks from any direction, so it's worth deflecting them as well. Regular side deflects, though? Don't even bother.

TicioQ
03-22-2019, 09:30 PM
Yes! I was noticing that I only managed to deflect up attacks! I thought I was crazy because before it was easier to the sides.

Thank god I知 not crazy 😂

Than you very much for the explanation!

P.S: I don稚 like the change 😞

TicioQ
03-22-2019, 09:32 PM
I think you are right too, but, as evox said, they seem to have changed deflects a little bit.

The good news is that I知 not so old 😛