PDA

View Full Version : Yet another shooter game. Overpriced.

majorlee.army
03-22-2019, 12:08 AM
Yet another shooter game.
Space Junkies From Ubisoft with Oculus

The beta seems stable enough. Please note my review is based on its beta testing state and could change before release.
They integrate codependency with the Uplay app, which is lame and can cause issues.
It feels like this is just a game to a niche in the shooter market for VR within the sub-genre of space combat.
There seems to be no real content in the beta, just fly around and shoot each other. The progress and mods are for character and weapon skins, that's it from what I've seen.
Controls are a pain when dealing with reloading.
I had the game set up for 360 playing yet there is a huge screen in my face that say turn around and face sensors totally inhibiting my ability to play, I can't see.
It seems like the game is being designed for a competitive based on the display output. Considering it's of few competitive fly around in space shooters there aren't many other options.
Overall from the content, I would not recommend it at its release price of $39.99 on March 26 2019
Many other shooters are available at a much more reasonable price that provides more of gameplay and experience.
The game is very cool and could be much more.
Honestly, I thought I was going to be able to craft and all sort of other fun stuff in this game. It was on my wishlist but not anymore. The game could be more comprehensive then the beta demonstrated, I'll have to keep an eye out.
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1340764792673326/

My gameplay video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsbMWectz9U

Squadren_64
03-22-2019, 02:35 AM
I'd buy it at $40.00. Quality game. They just need to add motion support on PSVR

majorlee.army
03-22-2019, 03:00 AM
I'd much rather get The Division 2 in that price range much more gameplay for the money.

Squadren_64
03-22-2019, 07:32 AM
You're comparing a 3rd person AAA looter shooter to a VR arena FPS. Buy what you want but different games deliver different experiences. I disagree with your notion that this game isn't worth its price. It has tons of maps, modes, progression you rarely see in games like these, and I'm sure updates to come. A definite buy for me if movement controllers are integrated on console.

Ubi.Stach
03-22-2019, 11:22 AM
Hello Majorlee,

Thank you for your feedback.
We are still working on adding content to the game, we will announce it shortly.

Regarding this issue,

I had the game set up for 360 playing yet there is a huge screen in my face that say turn around and face sensors totally inhibiting my ability to play, I can't see.
In the option menu you can disable this message

Cheers,
Stach

majorlee.army
03-22-2019, 09:16 PM
Thank you sir, I suspected you all were working diligently on the content. As I implied "note my review is based on its beta testing". Additionally thanks for informing me on how to disable that message.