PDA

View Full Version : How many multiplayer races am I expected to play?

Duke_of_Dirty
03-21-2019, 08:29 PM
Earnings are going lower for every win I just got less points for coming first than i did for coming second. Overall I'm earning around 15 - 20 points for 1st-2nd place.

At either rate i have 2300 ish points give or take and need 3000 for next level. you're talking 35-50 1st or 2nd place finishes and that's if i keep earning the same points per race which from what I've seen so far in another 10 races I'll be lucky to earn 10 points for a win. Just seem to consistently get less and less for coming in the top 2. After only 5-6 sets of races to be down to 15 points for a win is a little on the tight side.

I honestly think that's going to be a struggle; to sit through that many multiplayer races. Also that will only get me to Platinum rank. by then I'll likely be earning 1-2 points per race and be expected to earn another 1000 or so points to get to diamond.

If anyone has any idea how the scoring system works and what could help with speeding this up then please, by all means, let me know.
So far I'm a bit concerned if it'll even be possible to earn the diamond rank with how few multiplayer players I've seen online for PC over the last few weeks.

Anyway, Rant over. :D

Just to say it is extremely nice to see some medium tracks in the mix now. That I really do appreciate.

Warndog97
03-21-2019, 11:42 PM
Hey I know this doesnít answer your question but I havenít played multiplayer since the season started, have hard and extreme tracks been added?

Duke_of_Dirty
03-22-2019, 01:24 AM
I have seen Medium and Hard so far. Not seen Extreme yet, would be nice, but I'll take medium and hard over nothing.
Maybe get Extremes when you hit platinum or diamond, would be a nice idea.

mrjorts
03-22-2019, 02:42 AM
Hey Duke of Dirty, we had some good races earlier today! I have also been wondering how long it will take to rank up. Going by the leaderboards, no one has made it past gold yet.

Rudhelm
03-22-2019, 10:26 AM
You've got Points for coming in second? Lucky you... i lost like 400 Points after coming in second... I even lost 11 points when i won the next round ...

The_Dubious
03-22-2019, 10:45 AM
If you were playing and winning that much so early into the season, then you were probably getting diminished returns because you ranked up above most of the competition - if it works anything like in Fusion, if you aren't playing equal or better players, you have to win all the races just to avoid losing points

ComradePete
03-22-2019, 11:28 AM
Would be helpful to see how the points system works - anyone know if the info is available somewhere?

The_Dubious
03-22-2019, 02:45 PM
From what I've seen it's all relative to your rank points, if you beat people high above your rank you get a big boost, otherwise you just get a small boost or not much at all if you're facing weaker opponents. It's unrealistic for people to expect to be in the upper top tier when the season JUST started and there's another two months left. There are already a few people close to platinum... just gotta beat them, heh

mrjorts
03-23-2019, 01:12 AM
On the stream today Mikko said they are using Glicko (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glicko_rating_system).