PDA

View Full Version : Purchased Expansion Pack DLC with full inventory (accident)

Tem4Elf
03-21-2019, 03:30 AM
I just purchased the $20 expansion which is supposed to come with a few items but when I bought it I forgot about my full inventory due to the bug and now I can't find any of the items that come with the DLC even after deleting items and restarting. Is there a way I can retrieve the items I'm missing somehow? I looked for them in the store but also couldn't find them there.

JolanXBL
03-21-2019, 03:47 AM
Find your purchase history through your PlayStation dashboard, and your profile management. The DLC items are downloadable through there.

Tem4Elf
03-21-2019, 03:56 AM
Right, I understand that, however, when I bought iut I also installed it so it simply says installed in the store now. I'm guessing I have to delete and reinstall the game now?

JolanXBL
03-21-2019, 04:21 AM
That's one way. Did you try going through your wallet and then transaction history?

Tem4Elf
03-21-2019, 04:35 AM
I did. Unfortunately once any DLC is installed the only way to uninstall it is to delete the application it is installed on and re-download. Thank you for your help and speedy response Jolan.

Tem4Elf
03-29-2019, 11:37 PM
Update: After exhausting all options and combinations of save file resets I could think of nothing has resolved the issue of getting the missing DLC items.
The bug occurred because I bought the DLC while having full items due to the item duplication bug. After freeing up space in my inventory I tried all of these things:
-Searching in game store from top to bottom, using the search tool, looking in every section of purchasable items, etc.
-Going to PS Store and checking to see if I could reinstall or re-download the add-ons individually. This is not possible on the PS Store because once you buy them it simply says "Purchased" and there is no file that it downloads. It simply unlocks them in your game file.
-Checking the game file by opening the "information" and noting that it does indeed say installed for all four add-ons.
-Removing save files for "Inventory" and trying different combinations of starting the game after a fresh install and without any save file at all.
-Re-downloading the full game with and without save files on my system, even with a fresh career file.

Again, it seems that once you have purchased the DLC the system detects your unlocked content but it is simply does not add the gear in because it thinks it already has. I am guessing this could be fixed by making the DLC a downloadable add-on for Playstation so that by wiping your game and reinstalling it would also reinstall the gear that comes with the pack.

Tem4Elf
03-29-2019, 11:43 PM
I wanted to also note that I don't see this bug in the known issues thread so hopefully we can get that added as this becomes an issue of not delivering promised content when buying it and I think people will be really pissed about this one if it happens to them. I understand your plate is full and you guys are doing the best you can so I can live with it for now. I love Trials still!