PDA

View Full Version : Valk Sucks VERY BAD now.

Zombie.Face
03-20-2019, 09:15 AM
Valk needs serious looking at now. with the deflect nerf her damage is garbage and she gets much less punishing moves that most other characters can do. global changes have just been ****ing over valk much more than other heroes. its a joke... her sweep now is much worse along with much more.. her out of stamina punish is basically gone at this point. she is the worst character now hands down. please do something to not keep ****ing over the valk. 37 damage on out of stamina punish...?? for real ubi?? come on!!!!!!! Ubi is making global changes and its ****ing over some heroes like the Valk, are you even considering the ripple effects of these ******ed changes???!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do u know that u made the valk max punish 37 ****ing damage!!! i bet not, oblivious to your game. maybe u can look into the valk in a year or so when u have some time.. this **** is going to lose player base, 100% why will players stay when their character gets turned into a pile of ****.

Zombie.Face
03-20-2019, 09:26 AM
i might be wrong on the max punish but still its very low and the Valk feels even worse.. honestly whatever, I'm caring less and less.

Sweaty_Sock
03-20-2019, 09:46 AM
A skilled valk has alot of mixup potential... her knockdown now has a finisher attached that hurts...

Siegfried-Z
03-20-2019, 10:34 AM
Rep 23 Valk here.
Ok so, you're right and wrong at the same time.

It is true To say Valk is in a bad spot. Her rework wasn't a good one anyway.

But, no she isnt the worst char atm. Many others are more in troubles such as Cent, Glad, Nobu, PK and at high level Musha.

Anyway, yes Valk is a weak char. Why?
Because in 1v1 Her mix up, outside of cheap dmg with some lights and shield crush is extremly easy to react to. Any good player can see on reaction if a Valk is going to sweep or not and then just CGB. It is so much true that now i'm not going anymore for that mix up but for lmy heavy finisher using the shield crush or GB or let it fly mix up.

So her mix up is not that hard To handle, her lights animation are so clear that despite having some 500ms and 400ms they are easy to handle and even To punish (saying that for console, let's imagine for pc... ) . Yesterday again i've done multiple lights Deflects against Valk.

Outside of that, her shield tackle is pretty close to be useless.
Her dmg are so low. .. so low that's crazy.
She is the char with the lowest dmg in the game. Her deflect is decent, her CC too. Her 35dmg sweep is just ok considering it is punished 80% of times.
She has only 24dmg guaranteed on a GB and a light parry.... some char have stronger heavy parry...
Do we speak about her useless zone ?
Do we speak about her having no UB, No HA ?

4v4 speaking, she has nothing to gank because her sweep also sweep allies and her shield crush feed a ton of revenge.
Her feats are not really good and her perks are sooo bad.
She has a low HP pool.
In 4v4 Her only decent point is Her good target switching. Nothing else.

What should be changed for her in my opinion :
1/ Dmg buff.
Heavy openers are now 30 up To 24. 2nd heavy is 33 and finisher is 36.
Dodge attack are now 20 up To 17dmg.

2/ Zone attack first hit is 600ms, but second hit is a 30dmg UB, of course feintable. (This would give her a ganking tool).

3/ Valk can go out of shield tackle with dodge attack as before her rework and have full block back on release too. (But still no knock down and stun).

4/ Valk got back her headbutt as a parry follow up options. Such as WL. For example after a heavy parry Valk can go for her dodge attack. But if the opponent is close To be oos she can decide to go for the headbutt plus a simple light. She can also décidé to commit the light or not as if her opponent become oos because of her headbutt he fall down, just as JJ choke and Valk can go for a heavy.

5/ Valk sweep isnt the same button as GB. As before, and her sweep is 100ms faster. This would allow her To have a real 50/50. Not something entirely reactable.
Sweep doesn't sweep allies anymore.
In another hand, the sweep does 30dmg down from 35 and still has this huge recovery on a miss. That's a fair trade.

What do you guys think about it?

Sweaty_Sock
03-20-2019, 10:59 AM
Damage seems a little high given the speeds involved & the length/mixups in her chains

Point five a thousand times no - true 50/50's are terrible mechanics and remove skill in favour of guessing. Also the sweep is very powerful if used correctly in a gank and I would consider an example of CC done correctly i.e. don't catch your team, and something the others should be moved towards rather than valk away from

Siegfried-Z
03-20-2019, 11:25 AM
Damage seems a little high given the speeds involved & the length/mixups in her chains

Point five a thousand times no - true 50/50's are terrible mechanics and remove skill in favour of guessing. Also the sweep is very powerful if used correctly in a gank and I would consider an example of CC done correctly i.e. don't catch your team, and something the others should be moved towards rather than valk away from

Well, about point 1, many char in the game got mooves doing more dmg than Valk with some mix up options on.
My point is To bring her dmg on the line with the average of others as it is a fact her dmg are very low atm. As i said, she is only good at doing cheap dmg.

About point 5, i agree gessing game isnt a good thing for the game. I've always been defending skills over unreactable things.
But currently you cant deny her sweep mix up doesn't work against a correct player.
I would like this mix up to have a smaller window for his opponent To react To, not To make it pure gessing. It would be a fair middle ground and that's why i also suggest To nerf the dmg sweep by 5dmg.

As you didn't speak about it i gess you agree with points 2, 3 and 4?

Dry.Fish
03-20-2019, 01:00 PM
Buff her heavies to maybe 28, 30, 35

Her OOS punish in now top dash light, light, sweep for 65 dmg.
Can't confirm this but if your guard is on your side. With fast inputs you can side throw to side light, side heavy, sweep.

The_B0G_
03-20-2019, 03:46 PM
I have Valk at rep 7 but haven't played her a whole lot lately, I was looking for a new character to try out or pick back up a couple days ago and I started using valk again.

I didn't use her since the gear perk update so I checked that out after a few matches and seen how useless almost all of her perks are. Does anyone else find she has really weak perks? I just find that none of them seemed useful in an actual fight.

Siegfried-Z
03-20-2019, 04:04 PM
I have Valk at rep 7 but haven't played her a whole lot lately, I was looking gor a bew character to try out or pick back up a coiple days ago and I started using valk again.

I didn't use her since the gear perk update so I checked that out after a few matches and seen how useless almost all of her perks are. Does anyone else find she has really weak perks? I just find that none of them seemed useful in an actual fight.

Her perk are useless yes.

The_B0G_
03-20-2019, 04:15 PM
Her perk are useless yes.

I thought so, I decided against starting to use her for that very reason.

Helnekromancer
03-20-2019, 08:23 PM
I thought so, I decided against starting to use her for that very reason.

Same with my Nobushi they gave her and Valkyrie medic perks. Running speed and revives perks, hell one of them is uninterruptible sprint while in revenge. Like who in the hell is going to pop revenge and run away? And all these speed perks are useless because you are a still slower than the avg assassin. Should have just given them a mix of offensive and defensive perks because they are HYBRIDS.

Star.Princess
03-20-2019, 09:09 PM
Rep 23 Valk here.
Ok so, you're right and wrong at the same time.

It is true To say Valk is in a bad spot. Her rework wasn't a good one anyway.

But, no she isnt the worst char atm. Many others are more in troubles such as Cent, Glad, Nobu, PK and at high level Musha.

Anyway, yes Valk is a weak char. Why?
Because in 1v1 Her mix up, outside of cheap dmg with some lights and shield crush is extremly easy to react to. Any good player can see on reaction if a Valk is going to sweep or not and then just CGB. It is so much true that now i'm not going anymore for that mix up but for lmy heavy finisher using the shield crush or GB or let it fly mix up.

So her mix up is not that hard To handle, her lights animation are so clear that despite having some 500ms and 400ms they are easy to handle and even To punish (saying that for console, let's imagine for pc... ) . Yesterday again i've done multiple lights Deflects against Valk.

Outside of that, her shield tackle is pretty close to be useless.
Her dmg are so low. .. so low that's crazy.
She is the char with the lowest dmg in the game. Her deflect is decent, her CC too. Her 35dmg sweep is just ok considering it is punished 80% of times.
She has only 24dmg guaranteed on a GB and a light parry.... some char have stronger heavy parry...
Do we speak about her useless zone ?
Do we speak about her having no UB, No HA ?

4v4 speaking, she has nothing to gank because her sweep also sweep allies and her shield crush feed a ton of revenge.
Her feats are not really good and her perks are sooo bad.
She has a low HP pool.
In 4v4 Her only decent point is Her good target switching. Nothing else.

What should be changed for her in my opinion :
1/ Dmg buff.
Heavy openers are now 30 up To 24. 2nd heavy is 33 and finisher is 36.
Dodge attack are now 20 up To 17dmg.

2/ Zone attack first hit is 600ms, but second hit is a 30dmg UB, of course feintable. (This would give her a ganking tool).

3/ Valk can go out of shield tackle with dodge attack as before her rework and have full block back on release too. (But still no knock down and stun).

4/ Valk got back her headbutt as a parry follow up options. Such as WL. For example after a heavy parry Valk can go for her dodge attack. But if the opponent is close To be oos she can decide to go for the headbutt plus a simple light. She can also décidé to commit the light or not as if her opponent become oos because of her headbutt he fall down, just as JJ choke and Valk can go for a heavy.

5/ Valk sweep isnt the same button as GB. As before, and her sweep is 100ms faster. This would allow her To have a real 50/50. Not something entirely reactable.
Sweep doesn't sweep allies anymore.
In another hand, the sweep does 30dmg down from 35 and still has this huge recovery on a miss. That's a fair trade.

What do you guys think about it?

I think she need 400ms shieldbash, because 500ms bash is too slow for feint. Guys who can't react to 600ms bashes or dodge Warlord's charge/Shinobi's kick by reaction can nearly guaranteed dodge and punish her shieldbashes. 400ms with 30dmg for heavy will be very good opener on each level of skill.

Siegfried-Z
03-21-2019, 01:42 AM
I think she need 400ms shieldbash, because 500ms bash is too slow for feint. Guys who can't react to 600ms bashes or dodge Warlord's charge/Shinobi's kick by reaction can nearly guaranteed dodge and punish her shieldbashes. 400ms with 30dmg for heavy will be very good opener on each level of skill.

By SB you mean her shield crush softfeint on heavy i gess.
To me it is fine as it is with his current speed. This works pretty well already and making it faster would only turn Valk into another sb spammy char.
I would rather buff her heavies dmg, improved her sweep/GB mix up and some others things i talk about in the post you've quoted.

Zombie.Face
03-23-2019, 08:29 AM
yea i agree the speed is fine on that bash. the sweep should be a bit more useful even if they nerfed the damage, or buff the damage and leave it how it is.. her damage is just a bit too low..i mean look at those arms right!! i like her play style but she just need to be a bit more in line with the other characters in damage. i would even be ok with giving her a better health pool. she has one of the very lowest health pools and lowest damage in the game. seems like they could help her out a bit here right? maybe just faster recovery on the sweep? I'm not sure, but it feels a little too unsafe to use it right now, the risk does not match the reward so its best to just not use it really. that kinda sux because it makes her unique and u can't really use it :D don't mess with her moves and change stuff, just some small tweaks here and there to make her a bit better. i know there are worse characters but after they get some buffs I'm afraid the Valk will end up at the bottom AGAIN!!

Also- it seems the Valk is getting more of the **** end of the stick with the global changes, in a way its an indirect nerf to her. :/

Zombie.Face
03-23-2019, 08:35 AM
ohh. also i think a new zone completely for her would be cool. her zone is pretty useless in 1v1 unlike most the others. just increase the speed on the first hit at least. its a total joke right now and its not adding to her kit. so many of her moves are slow other than her light attacks i guess.