PDA

View Full Version : [Feedback] Arms Race

Ubi-Alien
03-18-2019, 12:58 PM
Hello everyone!

I wanted to open a thread to gather your feedback on the PvP event Arms Race.

Pretty self-explanatory: what do you think about the event?
Did you like it? No?

Feel free to share your opinion (as usual)!

Thank you! :cool:

renderzip
03-18-2019, 01:09 PM
I copy and paste my feedback here.

Make the event "Arms Race" a new game mode to play.
I gave you this idea few months ago for a new game mode,
the event is very similar and it works and is funny.

The game mode can change few things here:

- all players start with recruit (multiclass)
- You can change the class in the boxes (not only the weapon, you change the abilities too)
- there are 3 different kind of boxes, assault - marksman - support
- We can have two options here: or you can choose the class or the class is a random

We played a lot of hours to the event and enjoy every minute.

SmashTag79
03-18-2019, 01:27 PM
The event itself was okay with all the weapons pickups, even though it felt like a really small scale battle royale.

But, three things annoyed me more than anything:
1. Weapon choices - only about 10 different weapons and majority of them were not so great (Don't want to say bad because that's just personal preference).
2. Some classes felt even more overpowered than normal - yes, i'm talking to you Vanguards and Echelons.
3. Played few rounds as a Tank and enemies took 90% of my health with 2-3 SMG shots, while i got them to about 50% with 3 bursts with an AR. And i don't know if it was just crappy rifle, but sniper rifle headshots didn't kill enemies? Was the health system changed?

GxE Meridian
03-18-2019, 01:54 PM
I had alot of fun but I'd like more weapon options. I'd never thought I'd see a Pointman carrying a Sniper though lol.

surprise_mtfk
03-18-2019, 02:47 PM
The ammo count should stay the same, not only 1 extra magazine because it was a camp fest. People afraid of wasting bullets so they just sit there doing nothing.

renderzip
03-18-2019, 02:52 PM
Yes more ammo, or put boxes with ammo only.

nga-chairman
03-18-2019, 11:03 PM
Event was really good. Was good to see some of the classes that normally have weaker weapons have something with a little more grunt (Surgeon wit an M4) and Tech finally have an proper full auto AR but i thought the event could include all classes, Even support classes and definately thought Ammo boxes would of been handy. even just 1 in the middle map. but was a heap of fun :)

BULLETSPONGE360
03-18-2019, 11:10 PM
I disagree with the whole more ammo idea. It was a fun change having to conserve ammo and make your shots count. Also it encourages people to keep picking up new weapons instead of just grabbing one and being good for the whole match.

fastastoast
03-19-2019, 12:03 AM
This is of topic but... I wanted to highlight how annoying it is that the new weapons I used during this event have been added to the weapon leaderboard. But none of the armoury pack or new class weapons have been for over a year.

Wtf?

D-from-Oxford
03-19-2019, 08:31 PM
I just liked being able to have different weapons.

I still want my multiclass (Weapons Expert) that has access to all weapons (or a large arsenal of campaign weapons not yet in Ghost War)!

ManticButton
03-20-2019, 05:06 PM
maybe have it be recruit only so everyone starts off on an even footing

vanguard echelon and surgeon were super powerful

overall really fun

sS0ulSs
03-22-2019, 09:40 AM
Arms Race

I guess I will have to be the black sheep.

Arms Races was a total disappointment. One opportunity to release something fresh, new, different thrown into the gutter. You had the opportunity to break free from the same old, repetitive and boring 4v4 game mode by creating an 8 man free for all (not a batyle royal, but a classic 8 man free for all game mode) and you didn't Ubisoft.

Picking up the weapons is not even a challenge because they are literally in front of you, you just run 100m and that's it. The actual challenge of this game mode lies on the fact that at you start woth just a pistol. But what is the point of this if you are given guns straight away?

I will keep this short and I won't comment any further. The fact is you wasted another opportunity to bring something fresh to the game. Same applies to Guerrila Mode, this was the ultimate demonstration of how lazy your studios are.

hybridgryphon
03-27-2019, 06:34 AM
Me and my team were very active on the game till the siege formula was applied of unlock classes with perks vs customizing our own guns. As more classes came the less we played. We enjoyed the arms race very much. We played and it felt good and new. We already play our own custom version of hardcore mode with the same rules in custom lobbies and have for awhile. So we are also looking forward to the next event. As far as making this game like siege and adding siege stuff and division please stop. We dont play those games. We will however play firestorm on BFV. Its awesome. I see my old post recommending br mode or a follow up br individual game was removed or something. Thats a shame. Look forward to the final updates and the new modes we finally got 2 years after the fact after eating siege bologna. I personally attest to my ghost profile as an active member so please dont rebuttal me unless you have more time on the game than me. Sick of those people. I didnt insult anybody so please dont remove my stuff or give me infractions anymore @ubi lupicus or somethin

DJJTLA
04-13-2019, 12:39 PM
loved it.

It's pretty annoying that the same events are coming up though. please don't give us a choice between something we've already done and something new. give us choices between 2 new events.

if you don't have enough events to choose from that we haven't played... don't give us a choice. no one is gonna cry over not getting 200 prestige points for choosing.