PDA

View Full Version : tip for lowering stuttering (that worked for me)

Michaeljcox24
04-10-2011, 04:07 PM
ok, so they didn't fully utilise PC Hardware, so we're stuck with the effort they've put out. However....

If you notice when you first start a new game the stuttering is very bad. This, I suspect, is because the cpu is programmed to take most of the load, and the gpu is left alone (annoyingly grrr)

So yeah, what happens when most gpu's are left alone.

Power saving mode.

So enable in MSI afterburner force constant voltage.

I tried it tonight. It helps a bit. It stops the gpu going to sleep while the cpu takes the majority of the game processing load.

You still get fps drops, but not as bad stuttering, and you can still re enable power saving when you've switched the game off.

I'm waiting for a response from ubi for this. There may be alot of PC pirates out there, but I don't think I should be penalised in terms of dev when I'm an honest bloke who buys games if they're good enough.

Michaeljcox24
04-10-2011, 04:07 PM
ok, so they didn't fully utilise PC Hardware, so we're stuck with the effort they've put out. However....

If you notice when you first start a new game the stuttering is very bad. This, I suspect, is because the cpu is programmed to take most of the load, and the gpu is left alone (annoyingly grrr)

So yeah, what happens when most gpu's are left alone.

Power saving mode.

So enable in MSI afterburner force constant voltage.

I tried it tonight. It helps a bit. It stops the gpu going to sleep while the cpu takes the majority of the game processing load.

You still get fps drops, but not as bad stuttering, and you can still re enable power saving when you've switched the game off.

I'm waiting for a response from ubi for this. There may be alot of PC pirates out there, but I don't think I should be penalised in terms of dev when I'm an honest bloke who buys games if they're good enough.

RasGhi
04-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I'll try this when I get home. Nice find. Thanks!