PDA

View Full Version : So Eric has left too, not good

Real_Doll
03-17-2019, 10:52 AM
If the game had a future the devs wouldn't be jumping ship one by one.

rottmeister
03-17-2019, 12:22 PM
Or they are clearing house because what was supposed to be another R6 Seige has a frustrated, angry community and a fraction of its potential players playing?

To be honest he should have left after the debarcle of launch - a game i parrallel this to is overwatch - devs on that game said 'we will not balance console and pc differently, duplicate picks are in, if all characters are OP none are OP'. Season 1 ranked in that game had for honor vibes where I knew every player in the higher tiers because it was so small.. then they realised that the customer is right...

balanced PC/Console seperately, duplicate picks were out & balance was in. Game took off to the moon

Good bye mr Pope, thankyou for killing this golden egg laying goose, please stay away from any game I would like to play

EDIT: how many years to get cliffs and revenge out of duels?

1) rude (however I agree with the seperate balancing and the fact that it could've been done better)

2) If you get ledged, that's on you. Spacing is very imortant and if you put yourself next to a cliff, you'll have to deal with the consequences

3) Revenge isn't a thing in duels. You must be talking about 4vs4 or brawl, in that case it got patched in the recent update
"Revenge

Revenge meter is no longer increased when in 1v1, or when you outnumber your opponent.
1v2 Revenge multiplier increased to 0.70 (from 0.50)
1v3 Revenge multiplier increased to 0.90 (from 0.75)
1v4 Revenge multiplier increased to 1.00 (from 0.80)
Developer Comment: the intention is to generate Revenge only when you’re outnumbered. This is to promote 1v1 battles during 4v4 modes.

By increasing the outnumbered multipliers, we want to compensate for the Revenge you would have gained in a 1v1 before ending up in the 1v2 situation."

Source: https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-345316-16/patch-notes-2060

Sweaty_Sock
03-17-2019, 12:31 PM
1) rude (however I agree with the seperate balancing and the fact that it could've been done better) i prefer the term frustrated (like being stuck in a traffic jam :) ) - these issues were left FAR to long and festered, alienating most of the player base

2) If you get ledged, that's on you. Spacing is very imortant and if you put yourself next to a cliff, you'll have to deal with the consequences
for a significant time the maps were tiny with more ledge than wall, one map for example was literally a narrow bridge with NO WALLS (shugo insta win would just run up it and knock you off..

3) Revenge isn't a thing in duels. You must be talking about 4vs4 or brawl, in that case it got patched in the recent update
"Revenge it was in the game for a long time... long enough for many players to get frustrated and leave (noone i know but me and people I meet in the game play this anymore, of about 12 who purchased it 9 or so stopped playing withinin about 5 months because of these issues - a few stuck through it but eventually left, the last about 10 months ago because nothing seemed to be getting better in regards to spam meta and no balance fro console) - this position was defended by the devs despite noone wanting it - took what over a year? to get patched out?

You are referring to changes that the devs seemed to be dragged screaming towards, not taking on their own initiatvie, by which time the player base had seriously shrunk. They then launched FTP weekends etc. and got some new players in, however the full paying hardcore 'I was following this game until it was launched' fans i'd dare say 70-80% left & went back to dark souls or something similar

EDIT: again a mistake, the hardcore fans are the ones willing to spend serious $ on a game

Dry.Fish
03-17-2019, 03:34 PM
for a significant time the maps were tiny with more ledge than wall, one map for example was literally a narrow bridge with NO WALLS (shugo insta win would just run up it and knock you off..

Are you talking about the Brawl map Tower Ruin?You would spawn in the top of the tower where you fight the Shugoki as Valk in Story Mode. Most people would go down the stairs to fight or run to their teammate. On Overwatch both teams would spawn facing each other on top of the Bridge.

Not sure what season they changed that but it was less than a year.

OhHowSheGoingEh
03-18-2019, 10:18 AM
Ubisoft is retarted, plain and simple.
They cant get their servers to work properly, they cant update this game consistently and when they do update they fix 2 bugs to add 5 bugs.
They don't know what or how to balance anything in this game. Look at BP hes a worse conqueror with a new gimmick added to him. This game has stayed alive for 2 years too long honestly.

Sweaty_Sock
03-18-2019, 10:35 AM
Are you talking about the Brawl map Tower Ruin?You would spawn in the top of the tower where you fight the Shugoki as Valk in Story Mode. Most people would go down the stairs to fight or run to their teammate. On Overwatch both teams would spawn facing each other on top of the Bridge.

Not sure what season they changed that but it was less than a year.

Took about a year to actually seal off certain cliffs and remove revenge, the fact they were even in their at launch, let alone defended, show'd such a disconnect from the consumers that it blew my mind, still does.

The numbers speak for themselves, the game has been in decline with sharp influx of new players off the back of a few free to play of other incentives... the legacy of this guy is to bury a good idea in his own arrogance & ignore the people who are ultimately paying his wage, the consumer. How he kept his job is actually beyond me...

The_B0G_
03-18-2019, 02:12 PM
Or maybe they started making For Honor 2...

Dry.Fish
03-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Took about a year to actually seal off certain cliffs and remove revenge, the fact they were even in their at launch, let alone defended, show'd such a disconnect from the consumers that it blew my mind, still does.

The numbers speak for themselves, the game has been in decline with sharp influx of new players off the back of a few free to play of other incentives... the legacy of this guy is to bury a good idea in his own arrogance & ignore the people who are ultimately paying his wage, the consumer. How he kept his job is actually beyond me...

I get your point, but you can't single everything out to one man.

Devils-_-legacy
03-18-2019, 05:33 PM
wasnt he a community developer(listened to feedback and try to get it incorporated into the game) not the actual lead developer the guy who has the final say

Vendelkin
03-18-2019, 05:56 PM
You know people keep rumoring For Honor 2. I really don't think there is any validity to it. any argument presented towards that fact suggests they are moving just to shutting down the series and not risk more money on a failed title franchise anyways. AND also I don't think those things are even valid conclusions. The game has serious issues and the devs do a surprisingly crappy job at bug fixing and not breaking the game, but I honestly think the game does well enough that it'll carry on for some time.

I know some people call for For Honor 2 as some hope lightbeam in the future of the game getting better/fixed, but I just don't see that coming for sometime. In fact to me evidence points towards at least 2011 before any shutdown of content updates.

Real_Doll
03-18-2019, 06:03 PM
In fact to me evidence points towards at least 2011 before any shutdown of content updates.
my brain paused for a minute to figure out which year it is.. don't do that;)

Kadete93
03-18-2019, 06:06 PM
You know people keep rumoring For Honor 2. I really don't think there is any validity to it. any argument presented towards that fact suggests they are moving just to shutting down the series and not risk more money on a failed title franchise anyways. AND also I don't think those things are even valid conclusions. The game has serious issues and the devs do a surprisingly crappy job at bug fixing and not breaking the game, but I honestly think the game does well enough that it'll carry on for some time.

I know some people call for For Honor 2 as some hope lightbeam in the future of the game getting better/fixed, but I just don't see that coming for sometime. In fact to me evidence points towards at least 2011 before any shutdown of content updates.

Also, Next console generation are coming soon. If they do a a sequel, they would do it for next gen, in 2 or 3 years

UbiInsulin
03-18-2019, 06:30 PM
It is worth noting that the roles you are talking about aren't disappearing, folks are just moving on. Yes it sucks to see familiar faces go, but we also have new arrivals: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/b1jpo9/hello_im_justin_kruger_ubijustin_new_community/ . Damien described how his role would be filled when he left, and Eric has done the same.

RenegadeRasta
03-18-2019, 09:25 PM
there is no for honor 2, dude. Shut up.

bannex19
03-19-2019, 08:26 AM

There is most definitely a for honor 2. This game was far too successful to not have a sequel in the works.

rottmeister
03-19-2019, 09:16 AM

They might make one. There's a The Division 2 after all...

Sweaty_Sock
03-19-2019, 11:35 AM
wasnt he a community developer(listened to feedback and try to get it incorporated into the game)

He was ever so active in the forums of HIS OWN COMPANY FOR THE GAME HE WAS EMPLOYED TO WORK ON - legit he couldn't even be bothered to spend what, an hour a week? maybe reading responding to a couple of the more well structured threads?

Devils-_-legacy
03-19-2019, 11:39 AM
He was ever so active in the forums of HIS OWN COMPANY FOR THE GAME HE WAS EMPLOYED TO WORK ON - legit he couldn't even be bothered to spend what, an hour a week? maybe reading responding to a couple of the more well structured threads?

I wish they used the fourm more but
He's had fourm moderators to do it here that sent him feedback ect were as reddit grew into the biggest fourm for for honor.
There's zero point in sticking all the blame on him he wasn't the lead developer so he never got the final say

The_B0G_
03-19-2019, 12:54 PM
I can't see why they wouldn't make a sequel, from the event ranking alone on ps4 suggests there are 60000+ still playing after 2 years.

There is also the fact that this is the only game of it's kind available. Lot's of other games have alternatives that are pretty similar, this is a unique game. I don't even like fighting games, but I've played since the beta.

Devils-_-legacy
03-19-2019, 01:16 PM
I can't see why they wouldn't make a sequel, from the event ranking alone on ps4 suggests there are 60000+ still playing after 2 years.

There is also the fact that this is the only game of it's kind available. Lot's of other games have alternatives that are pretty similar, this is a unique game. I don't even like fighting games, but I've played since the beta.

do they even need to do a sequel?
They could just move the game to next gen and continue to support with updates and content

The_B0G_
03-19-2019, 01:30 PM
do they even need to do a sequel?
They could just move the game to next gen and continue to support with updates and content

True enough, but sequels bring in the big bucks. I think if they took everything they learned in For Honor and made a new one, they wouldn't have nearly as many unbalanced/obsolete heroes. They know what works and what doesn't, what is too weak and too powerful, they could even make new factions, make better, more interesting co-op PvE modes.

Just spitballing here, I haven't looked into it at all, I just assume they would make another, not too many games don't get sequels, especially from AAA companies.

Devils-_-legacy
03-19-2019, 02:14 PM
True enough, but sequels bring in the big bucks. I think if they took everything they learned in For Honor and made a new one, they wouldn't have nearly as many unbalanced/obsolete heroes. They know what works and what doesn't, what is too weak and too powerful, they could even make new factions, make better, more interesting co-op PvE modes.

Just spitballing here, I haven't looked into it at all, I just assume they would make another, not too many games don't get sequels, especially from AAA companies.

That is true i just cant think of how hey would do it but they shouldn't get rid of heros I quite like the cast atm other then shinobi and cent but a decent rework and I'd be happy. I honestly don't want a sequel tho I'd rather it be more like seige with numerous heros and if they did ever port to next gen I'm hoping they allow data transfer rather them my 190+ reps going to waste as ive spent the entire games life span getting everyone to at least teal gear and a mask for every hero

Sweaty_Sock
03-19-2019, 02:43 PM
Doubt there would be a for honor 2, rather the assets in this game will get carved up, might see an AC multiplayer build in or something similar off this game assets, but there won't be a for honor 2, at least for quiet some time - what could it offer different

The_B0G_
03-19-2019, 03:57 PM
Doubt there would be a for honor 2, rather the assets in this game will get carved up, might see an AC multiplayer build in or something similar off this game assets, but there won't be a for honor 2, at least for quiet some time - what could it offer different

I don't agree that there won't be a FH2, but I do agree it won't be for many years, I can't see it hsppening for another 3-4 years at least. It would be next gen.

RenegadeRasta
03-19-2019, 10:06 PM
There is most definitely a for honor 2.

Proof or stfu.

bannex19
03-20-2019, 01:19 AM
Proof or stfu.
Prove there isn't...or stfu

UbiInsulin
03-20-2019, 01:37 AM
All right, this thread has run its natural course. Closing.