PDA

View Full Version : Character deleted accidentally :(

scorpio 3
03-17-2019, 12:10 AM
I use an Xbox elite controller while playing xbox. I have the lower buttons on the right side set to right thumbstick press for easier access.

Unfortunately today when I set the controller down on my leg (while reaching for the tv controller), my character was deleted from "The Division 2".
Is there any way to get it back?
Character was at level 23 witch took me 3 and a half days. :(

Let me know please!
Walter Morris

PsYcHoX1988
03-17-2019, 09:41 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I deleted my character on Divison 1 after 140 hours of play time doing the EXACT same thing.

This needs more visibility. It should not be so easy to delete a character.

Ubi-Bandicoot
03-17-2019, 11:47 AM
Hey guys,

Sorry to hear you both experienced this on The Division 1 and 2

If you make a support ticket via https://support.ubi.com/Cases/New we can check if there is anything we can do to assist with this

Please make sure you send the ticket on the same Uplay account you have linked to your Xbox profile too

PsYcHoX1988
03-17-2019, 02:43 PM
I'm not worried about restoring mine haha, hopefully his can be restored. Could you maybe pass it along to someone on the team to make it a little more difficult to delete your character? I have seen a few near miss posts on reddit already and then this poor person.

Battyman01
03-17-2019, 05:44 PM
Ya, this really needs addressed. I was having people over for a weekend long lan party (months in the planning) for the launch weekend and when moving furniture around my controller gets caught on the chair. Boom my level 30 character with over 30 hours of play gets deleted. Really a great way to ruin a launch weekend. No word yet on if I'll be able to get him back.

Ubisoft, please consider how easy it is to delete characters and let the dev team know that this needs to change ASAP. While this is a user error in my instance, it still is quite "game-breaking" for anyone experiencing this. An easy to implement fix could be after holding in the thumbstick, one must enter the word 'Delete' to finish the process. Most MMOs do this or have a similar method to delete. Hopefully this doesn't happen to many others, while the old system is in place.

UbiGabrinth
03-17-2019, 07:26 PM
I've passed your feedback onto the team! Thank you very much for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear your characters were deleted accidentally.

EliteCupOfRosie
03-17-2019, 08:54 PM
There should be a character lock button, the same way you can favourite mark/unmark items in your stash.