PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboards Useless - Cheaters using bug

HolyDuckingShip
03-15-2019, 11:45 PM
I don't see this mentioned in the known issues (which was updated today), I'm not sure how or why this isn't a main point of discussion, but there's obviously a bug being exploited for top times on the leaderboards.

In fact, one person using it uses the name Ghost Glitch or something to that effect. They're becoming more and more common rendering the top of the leaderboard useless. I'm not a top 10 player in this game, but none the less this is a major issue for a game like this. Leaderboard integrity should be a very high priority. With that said, I'm just curious why these obviously cheated times remain and the accounts are not banned and times removed?

Ubi-Wusky
03-16-2019, 02:18 AM
Hey there HolyDuckingShip, we're aware of these kinds of ongoings, thanks a lot for bringing it up to us though and especially with a username!

HolyDuckingShip
03-16-2019, 05:20 PM
Hey there, thank you for the confirmation and response. Given you guys are actually listening, I took the time to watch a bunch of replays and put together a list of what I found on some tracks. There are clearly constant offenders, but other times I only found 1 instance of it, so if it's a bug, perhaps those people accidentally triggered it somehow? I tried to put some notes on each replay. Usually, the way I find these is simple, look at the top 10 of the leaderboard for a given track and see if someone has the top time with faults--dead give away. It should be noted though, I found instances of players appearing in the list where they had a faultless run that seemed normal, but the time didn't match from the replay. I suspect they figured out different ways of doing it to better mask what's going on. Anyway, here's some additional situations where I can 100% confirm the times are not legit:

Track: Lynx World
NoBan-Nolife (finishes track normally, nothing suspicious until the clock rolls back)
akaps99 (same as above)
MSA-1 (doesn't even finish track, many weird things happening in replay)

Track: Medieval Flair
NoBan-Nolife (replay items are missing, player can't seem to fault, checkpoints are all already triggered, replay errors out)
distantignition (finishes track normally, nothing suspicious until the clock rolls back)

Track: Moto Gladiators
Solidseph7 (checkpoints randomly going off ahead of rider, camera in replay gets stuck, replay errors out)

Track: Ruined Run
SlyMeerkat (finishes track normally, nothing suspicious until the clock rolls back)
NoBan-Nolife (finishes track normally, nothing suspicious until the clock rolls back)

Track: StoneHenge
SlyMeerkat (finishes track normally, nothing suspicious until the clock rolls back)
NEMO4X (player can't seem to fault, replay errors out)

Track: Corky Construction
GhostTactix (replay errors out)

Track: UK Upper
GhostTactix (player can't seem to fault, objects that move/have physics in the track are frozen, replay errors out)

Track: Pripyat
NEMO4X (player can't seem to fault, goes through objects, replay errors out)

Track: Siberian Express
NEMO4X

Track: Red Steel
GhostTactix
MetalGear

Track: Wheels of Steel
NEMO4X (playing track normally, replay errors out and player gets the time at the point the error occurs)
MSA-1 (playing track normally until the very end, sits a few feet from the finish line and waits, replay errors out and player gets the time at the point the error occurs)

Track: Shanghai Scrapers
GhostTactix
Reqzi93

Track: Angkor What?
SlyMeerkat

Track: Beach Bum
NoBan-Nolife

Track: Container Cowboy
GhostTactix

Track: Firebase Faceplant
NEMO4X
NoBan-Nolife (this one was really weird, player finishes track totally normal, nothing weird not even a clock rollback, but the time they finished in isn't reflected on the leaderboard, the time on the leaderboard is much better than the replay)

Track: El Tomate
Molovem0009 (finishes track normally, nothing suspicious until the clock rolls back)
NEMO4X

Track: Wingman
SlyMeerkat
NEMO4X

Track: Liberty Station
GhostTactix