PDA

View Full Version : Revenge Patch is a joke!!!!!!!

dvn_whitfield
03-15-2019, 07:49 PM
This so called revenge patch is a failed attempt to control the toxicity of the game. It didn't change anything at all. It's true that you do receive your revenge faster but that does not stop the 4v1, 3v1, nor the 2v1 situations!!!!!!!!!! You still take considerable damage!!!!!!! What should have been done and still should be done is as long as 4v1,3v1,and 2v1 is happening revenge should stay active and the player thats in revenge should get a 30% damage reduction!!!!! That would be better than simply just acquiring your revenge meter quicker

LeriiSuitedUp
03-15-2019, 07:57 PM
This would be a terrible thing to have. It would make fighting in a gank situation a totally mindless endeavor that requires no real thought going into how the person being ganked handles the fight, just throw what you want because unless you get parried, you can't be interrupted and do more damage while taking less. Revenge is meant to be a defense mechanic, not an offense one. Yeah it sucks being ganked, but you shouldn't be able to come out of a gank situation without having to put considerable effort into how you handle multiple opponents, and it shouldn't be the case where if you outnumber someone, they suddenly become much more dangerous than they ever would have been if it was 1v1. There's a reason they made it so that CC didn't knock someone down when hit by someone in revenge.

dvn_whitfield
03-15-2019, 08:04 PM
The whole reason for this patch is because they wanted more 1v1 in game modes like breach and dominion. you cant get revenge meter in 1v1 situations now but you can in the others. Im just saying my idea would stop 4v1, 3v1, and 2v1 situations because thats what this patch was suppose to do and encourage more 1v1

The_B0G_
03-15-2019, 08:45 PM
The smarter way to play now is not to jump in on a 1v1, wait off to the side until the gight is over or close to being over, finish him off wgen he has been weakened by your teammate. Whether that is before or after he defeats your teammate.

atac56
03-15-2019, 08:48 PM
This so called revenge patch is a failed attempt to control the toxicity of the game. It didn't change anything at all. It's true that you do receive your revenge faster but that does not stop the 4v1, 3v1, nor the 2v1 situations!!!!!!!!!! You still take considerable damage!!!!!!! What should have been done and still should be done is as long as 4v1,3v1,and 2v1 is happening revenge should stay active and the player thats in revenge should get a 30% damage reduction!!!!! That would be better than simply just acquiring your revenge meter quicker

how is ganking in a 4v4 gamemode toxic? under no circumstances should you expect people to let you fight a 1v1 fight in a gamemode like dominion. play duel mode if you want a 1v1

Vakris_One
03-15-2019, 08:53 PM
The whole reason for this patch is because they wanted more 1v1 in game modes like breach and dominion. you cant get revenge meter in 1v1 situations now but you can in the others. Im just saying my idea would stop 4v1, 3v1, and 2v1 situations because thats what this patch was suppose to do and encourage more 1v1
The revenge change was never meant to outright stop ganking in team modes. Ganking is an accepted part of team modes. In the devs own words, they wanted to get rid of revenge build up in 1v1 situations because they didn't want revenge to be a free i-win button because that's not how they intended for this mechanic to work. They want revenge to work as a comeback mechanic in an outnumbered situation so you have a chance to run away or stall the enemies a bit longer so your team have time to come help you or go and cap a point while the enemy team is busy with you.

It was never meant to make the player a nigh un-killable super God. It was always meant first and foremost as a stalling tactic against multiple opponents.

Han-Singular
03-15-2019, 08:55 PM

Ganking is part of the game....get used to it. Ubisoft is never going to get rid of multi fight situations or discourage group fighting, For honor is a Brawler, the game has mechanic built into it to that allow you to defend against multiple people. if you get a chance to duel in a 4v4 good for you.

maybe if people would play Brawls properly they would be better at defending themselves in 4v4 game modes....

There is a game mode called Duels for a reason.

rottmeister
03-15-2019, 09:42 PM
So...... you want an insta win button? Anti ganking isn't supposed to be easy, you're getting punished for not staying with your team or not running away/gathering your team when you see the enemy reinforcements coming. I know you just suggested a damage decrease when outnumbered and not an insta win but I think it's fine the way it is. Haven't played since the update yet but if all works well, then I'm glad revenge gain in 1vs1 is gone.

Antiganking is still possible, I killed 7 enemies in a row once with Nuxia in Breach (killed a JJ twice, Zerk once, Valk twice and Shaolin twice) granted the Centurion saved me against the last two, I still beat them while being outnumbered and severely lacking in hp. I'd share it but I'm lazy and don't want to make a YouTube channel and edit the recording down from 1 hour or so to 2 minutes.

Edit: Just look at Vakris_One's explanation. That's what I was trying to say, but it didn't work out so well. However that doesn't make my Nuxia antigank less awesome ;)

UbiInsulin
03-15-2019, 09:48 PM
The revenge change was never meant to outright stop ganking in team modes. Ganking is an accepted part of team modes. In the devs own words, they wanted to get rid of revenge build up in 1v1 situations because they didn't want revenge to be a free i-win button because that's not how they intended for this mechanic to work. They want revenge to work as a comeback mechanic in an outnumbered situation so you have a chance to run away or stall the enemies a bit longer so your team have time to come help you or go and cap a point while the enemy team is busy with you.

It was never meant to make the player a nigh un-killable super God. It was always meant first and foremost as a stalling tactic against multiple opponents.

This sums it up pretty well. Revenge itself is supposed to be a sort of anti-ganking mechanic. When players gain it in 1v1, Revenge is going beyond that role.

I should note that by anti-ganking, I just mean that Revenge helps out the individual player who is outnumbered. I don't mean that it's designed to prevent ganking from happening period.

Tyrjo
03-17-2019, 07:27 AM

There is one game mode where there are zero ganks if that is not your cup of tea. Want to know which one? Duel. Start playing it.

Klingentaenz3r
03-18-2019, 04:09 PM

Oh boy. you obviously didn't understand what was the intend here at all. it was never the intend to encourage 1v1 in 4v4 game modes - what a ridiculous thought! It is the exact opposite! It was to encourage your mates to come help you to kill off your opponent without having to worry that just one hit will feed and trigger revenge on the opponent. At the same time they also wanted to prevent that you would gain revenge in a 1v1 due to its natural potential to turn a fight around in a blink of an eye. SO if there is a 1v1 fight in 4s the intend is not to provide the underdog a trump card he can stall for AND to not discourage your team mates to actually come in and help to get rid of your obstacle as the main freaking purpose of 4v4s are the objectives and not the 1v1s!

If you're in 4s constantly in outnumbered situations that might be mostly on you. Learn how to deal with multiple opponents by starting with real 2v2 brawls (also maybe take a look at how you play and how much you are aware of your surroundings and where your team mates are). I cannot say anything about how the new changes to revenge gain work out atm as I would have to take part in some practical testing but boosting revenge like you suggested is just utterly ridiculous at this point in time

Real_Doll
03-18-2019, 05:15 PM
This sums it up pretty well. Revenge itself is supposed to be a sort of anti-ganking mechanic. When players gain it in 1v1, Revenge is going beyond that role.

I should note that by anti-ganking, I just mean that Revenge helps out the individual player who is outnumbered. I don't mean that it's designed to prevent ganking from happening period.

my god, I can't believe they are even trying to justify it. your team just put the last nail on the coffin, you'll probably be jumping ship with the rest of them soon.

just gonna leave this here
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/b2ftfd/pretty_sure_its_safe_to_say_they_outright_broke/

Devils-_-legacy
03-18-2019, 05:23 PM
my god, I can't believe they are even trying to justify it. your team just put the last nail on the coffin, you'll probably be jumping ship with the rest of them soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/b2ftfd/pretty_sure_its_safe_to_say_they_outright_broke/

I'm glad it's changed but it's far from perfect

Melikethegames
03-18-2019, 06:10 PM

smart enamy not want attack you it know it can get renvege what eanmy do its wait to you have low HP and than enamy attack you

Real_Doll
03-18-2019, 06:22 PM
smart enamy not want attack you it know it can get renvege what eanmy do its wait to you have low HP and than enamy attack you

Might as well rename the game to NO HONOR now. they watered it down for cowards.

When I used to play if 2 people are fighting 1 v 1 I stayed back, 1 to avoid feeding revenge and 2 to watch out for anyone who might gank them and 3 to let them fight it out honorably. There have been occasions where my ally had been beaten and I start fighting the enemy and they gained revenge since there meter was building up from the previous encounter and they had beaten me, but I wasn't salty about it. I actually thought it was a good and fair mechanic. Now that's out the window too. god damn man, this game could have been so much more if not for the ****ty calls the devs have made.

I seriously wonder what the mother loving **** is wrong with the For Honor devs????? seems to me like they are on a die hard mission to get everyone to quit playing or something.

Kadete93
03-18-2019, 06:44 PM
Yep definitely ganks are worst now.. fighting against 2 or more enemys was already hard, now its even harder with vortiger, his feats and a broken revenge...

rottmeister
03-18-2019, 06:49 PM

Oh, so it's broken.
Why does every patch break something?

Wellp there goes my faith in patch notes

atac56
03-18-2019, 07:46 PM

lmao stop relying on revenge to win your battles for you. he put up on a great show but its a 1v3 situation, you shouldnt expect to win especially as the last man standing. revenge is moving away from being an 'I Win' button which is good. too many battles in this game ended with someone in revenge which is cheesy and no real skill involved

Mr.Etiam
03-19-2019, 02:21 AM
Why not just put some kind of mechanic that determines the amount of players in the vicinity which will vary the amount of shield and dmg a current revenge has?

Solowing_96
03-19-2019, 03:25 AM
if you don't want to be ganked, go play duel matches. LOL

Klingentaenz3r
03-19-2019, 09:55 AM

Oh, so it's broken.
Why does every patch break something?

Wellp there goes my faith in patch notes

looks like the 5 second rule is not working properly or maybe the upscaling.

Why not just put some kind of mechanic that determines the amount of players in the vicinity which will vary the amount of shield and dmg a current revenge has?

Why would you want to adjust that? Revenge gain is the issue, not the amount of health shield you get nor the damage - those values were fine so far. Also, vicinity does not say anything about whether or not you are attacked by those other players or if they have fights on their own. Secondly, it can always happen that some more people come in, then you are suddenly at a huge disadvantage with a smaller health shield and damage output given that you get a flat amount based on the opponents around you once you activate revenge. Adjusting on the fly seems nuts imo too (bound to be flawed and buggy). Suddenly a mate comes close to help or just to pass by and the guy with the revenge shield suddenly survives an attack due to a suddenly increased shield whilst he would have died before from the hit you'd given him.

SangLong524
03-19-2019, 02:13 PM
Ahh, this narrow mentality pop up once in a while.
Ganking and revenge arent mutual inclusive. Gankers totally capable of killing lone wolf without anyone popping revenge, provided that they arent stepping on each otherís toe. Happen all the time. OP is probably new around here.
Again, ganking is, frankly, teamwork. Dont feel so bad if you get laid into by the whole foursome of them

Devils-_-legacy
03-19-2019, 02:28 PM
tbf I'm hoping they tweak revenge a bit as a multi parry doesn't always give you any amount of revenge which is a huge buff to ganking but they are already aware of this I just wish they did this at the start of a season then mid season

Sweaty_Sock
03-19-2019, 03:02 PM
REVERT please asap, this is terrible

Bloodwake1980
03-19-2019, 03:18 PM
Ok I'll just throw my two cents in to this pile on revenge. The way it was changed in the 4v4 mode is fine with me. But did they also have to do the same thing in other modes. I mean in arcade mode you sometimes only get the revenge build mod. And since it's not programed to build up now your pretty much done for vs a opponent that has ++damage L/H attack ++hp gain on attack and unblockable. And if their a side spammer kiss that mission good buy.

Team_Rocket_16
03-20-2019, 01:45 PM
Hey guys,

I'm not having to much fun in the 4v4 modes with this change. I feel like I'm constantly winning 1v3 fights and losing 3v1 fights. When me and a friend are trying to gank a character that has good recovery like black prior he will get revenge two or three times during that gank, which leads to utter frustration on our side.

In my opinion, someone that gets caught in a 1v3 should be punished for his tactical error, not rewarded. I would love the revenge mechanic to be completely removed, that's probly not a popular opinion but I think it would lead to more tactical plays in 4v4.

Imagine if a game like LoL or Dota had a revenge mechanic, that would be really stupid, why is it ok in this game?

Devils-_-legacy
03-20-2019, 02:20 PM
Hey guys,

I'm not having to much fun in the 4v4 modes with this change. I feel like I'm constantly winning 1v3 fights and losing 3v1 fights. When me and a friend are trying to gank a character that has good recovery like black prior he will get revenge two or three times during that gank, which leads to utter frustration on our side.

In my opinion, someone that gets caught in a 1v3 should be punished for his tactical error, not rewarded. I would love the revenge mechanic to be completely removed, that's probly not a popular opinion but I think it would lead to more tactical plays in 4v4.

Imagine if a game like LoL or Dota had a revenge mechanic, that would be really stupid, why is it ok in this game?

Because ganking is not ment to be a instant win and gives you chance to to get out of the 1vx situation or hold out till a team mate arrives otherwise what's the drawback to ganking?

atac56
03-20-2019, 02:27 PM
Hey guys,

i agree. i definitely think a revengeless 4v4 playlist should be created. i've never liked how many times 1 person can pop revenge in a single fight. all this talk about how a powerup button wasnt there to save someone just washes over the fact that in no fighting game should someone expect to win an outnumbered situation. it's definitely an unpopular opinion in the forums but i dont see any harm in experimenting with a playlist without revenge.

Real_Doll
03-20-2019, 03:04 PM
i agree. i definitely think a revengeless 4v4 playlist should be created. i've never liked how many times 1 person can pop revenge in a single fight. all this talk about how a powerup button wasnt there to save someone just washes over the fact that in no fighting game should someone expect to win an outnumbered situation. it's definitely an unpopular opinion in the forums but i dont see any harm in experimenting with a playlist without revenge.

nah.. learn to win 1 v 1

atac56
03-20-2019, 03:12 PM
nah.. learn to win 1 v 1

i dont need to on dominion =P

Real_Doll
03-20-2019, 03:18 PM
i dont need to on dominion =P

git gud then, instead of attacking someone in the back like a coward while they are fighting someone else and whining when you get killed.

Team_Rocket_16
03-20-2019, 06:04 PM
But right now revenge does not give you time to hold for your allies to arrive, revenge is so strong you win the 1v3 outright. And why must ganking have a drawback?

rottmeister
03-20-2019, 06:43 PM
But right now revenge does not give you time to hold for your allies to arrive, revenge is so strong you win the 1v3 outright. And why must ganking have a drawback?

It is strong if your enemies attack you mindlessly. Just bait and back off or engage if you're feeling confident. If the enemy is able to anti-gank either they're really good (or have an adrenaline rush and perform better) or your team isn't that compatible/doesn't know what they're doing. The reason why a drawback for ganking is needed is that otherwise every slightly compatible team would just form a deathball and gank everyone they'd come across. Revenge stalls time for either your teammates to help you or capture zones.

On the other hand dominion shouldn't turn into a 1vs1 * 4. Duels exist for that reason, you can't expect everyone to play how you want them to play (this isn't directed towards you, but there's this "honor code" that sometimes forces you to play in a specific kind of way in brawl etc.)

Haven't played enough after the patch yet so I can't really give feedback on how revenge is currently.

Devils-_-legacy
03-20-2019, 10:03 PM
imo
If your losing a 1 v3 as a gank with the current revenge that's on you as revenge is at its worst state since realease. the drawback so it's not a instant win without revenge you could just repeatly steamroll the opposition with bashes and gbs ect as long as you outnumber your opponents would be just be a buff to premade ganks squad and they already have a massive advantage by design but without revenge you have to rely on your team mates and matchmaking is also at a terrible state atm.

garr1999
03-21-2019, 07:23 PM
revenge is not an easy win you guys just don't act/play smart/tactically when fighting someone with revenge
and don't run from it to let the revenge timer run out
besides if someone plays shinobi on the enemy team he can range guardbreak
you while your in revenge mode when your fighting two people so revenge mode is counterable with certain characters
(centurion charged heavy pin into cutscene,shinobi ranged guardbreak, shugoki hyperarmor hug, etc)

The_B0G_
03-21-2019, 07:27 PM
You know one thing that hasn't happened to me since the revenge update, I have yet to have someone pop revenge in the middle of a 1v1 I was dominating and beat my *** just because they were doing so poorly.

Revenge isn't mean to win fights for you, it's to give you a fighting chance in outnumbered situations.

If you're having trouble getting revenge now, you need to land a parry or two while in a gank, boom, revenge.